1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wood Elf Treeman issues

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by coachman, Mar 15, 2011.

1. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    My Treeman is currently 1ssp from his third skill. He currently has grab and guard. My question is, what skill to get next? The rest of my squad looks like this if it helps:

Wardancer: Stripball
    Wardancer: MB, tackle, sidestep
    Thrower: strong arm, accurate, dodge
    Thrower: sure hands
    Catcher: +agi, wrestle dauntless
    Catcher.
    Lineman: +agi, dodge, kick
    Lineman: +agi, dodge
    Lineman: wrestle, dodge, fend
    Lineman: +str, block, MB
    Lineman: wrestle, dodge
    Lineman.

3RRs, apoth, 6 FF, 1 coach, 1 cheerleader. TV 2060

Then there is the tree with guard and grab.

I am in a division with 2 darkelf teams, an orc team and 2 high TV chaos teams left to play. Im currently a very dissapointing 1-0-2 ranked 8th of 10 teams.

2. Murkglow

Murkglow Member

If you don't get a Double for Block then I would pick up Break Tackle. It's kinda the only one left IMO that would work well vs the teams you have left. I was considering Multiblock but you've got Chaos and Orcs left which just make it iffy to try and throw two blocks vs.

3. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    +1. Multiblock without Block is a bit of a liability...

4. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    The tree is a bit ridiculous; he can only take Strength skills on a normal roll but starts with most of them anyway! I agree with above that given your opposition there's little value in prone'ing your MV2 player just for hopeful Piling Ons and so Break Tackle is the way to go.

Speaking of the standing up with MV2 issue, I notice that the Competition Rules state that 'if a player has less than three squares of movement he must roll a 4+ to stand up' - I had always assumed it was a 2+ :confused:

5. Sceadeau

Sceadeau Active Member

Country Flag:
    4+.

At one point, it was 4+ with +1 for each guy near him helping him, but they removed it for a straight 4+ roll.

On double 5's, I take +move. All other doubles (including 6's) I take block. On a normal skill, I fire him.

6. Strobinator

Strobinator Member

Country Flag:

I do a similar thing when my employees get "Meets Expectations" on their reviews.

7. Isryion

Isryion Member

Country Flag:
    Honestly, this might sound odd, but if he gets an advance that isn't block, that's when you fire him if you are going to continue with this team beyond your two remaining games. This is true of most of my big guys at that point.

A tree that has all those skills already really isn't adding much to your team without block and is bloated TV. He's also a long way for another shot at block, whereas a new tree only needs six points to get it. A tree with block is better than a Level 4 tree without it.

8. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    I would fire him but I've spent 360k on players over 3 matchdays.

My wardancer was retired and my catcher were killed in MD1. Then my Tree was MNG for MD3 so I bought a line elf for LOS duty.

I have 90k in the bank and want to keep a buffer to replace players. It may be a while before I can afford to buy a tree unless he's killed forcing me to buy another.

9. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I only fire the tree if the second skill is a normal also. I like to have a guard tree and have some sanctuary near him when moving the ball.