1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undead Trimming the Fat

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by DeBonic, Feb 7, 2017.

1. DeBonic

DeBonic New Member

Country Flag:
    I'm not sure if there is a better thread to post this under but...I've been running a very successful undead team that has gotten a bit bloaty at 2010 with 14 players and 4 rerolls. I'm considering a few moves that can bring that down a bit. Team roster as follows:
    2 x Mummy guard block SF
    Wight guard MB
    Wight guard MB PO
    2 x Ghoul block guard SS
    Ghoul wrestle tackle SS
    Ghoul block +AG +MV -MV injury
    Zombie Block Guard +AV -AG injury
    Zombie Block Fend Tackle
    3 x Zombie
    Skeleton

I'm considering dropping one of the skilled zombies, probably the non doubles one. I'm also considering dropping a reroll. I could drop the -MV ghoul as he has an excess of 30 TV, but i don't really want to give up a 4 agility ghoul. If I dropped the non double zombie, didn't replace him, and dropped a reroll I could bring the TV down 170 or 130 if I stayed with 14 total players. Any thoughts?

2. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    Seems to me that dropping a reroll is a good decision, but otherwise I wouldn't drop any of the developed players. Usually Undead suffer a bit at high TV, but usually Undead also don't get Guard on every second player ;)

If anything, your team is still missing a couple of skills: Tackle on the killer Wight, and Sure Hands on the +AG Ghoul.

So, I think this is a case of "don't fight it, just embrace the high TV".

3. Valcurdra

Valcurdra Active Member

Country Flag:
    From that team i would drop the guard/po/mb wight. Guard and piling on do not work well together. I never take them both on a piece.

The -mv ghoul is pure bloat, get sh on a different ghoul then drog him.

Sack a reroll, if you double on the sh ghoul take leader and drop another rr.

4. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I think agi 4 block is worth the bloat. I would have had doubts before but I currently play in a league where you can buy experienced players from past teams for an additional 30k bloat. They are worth it if they have the right skills. I see the argument for building a killer Wight from scratch, you might do that if you play a lot of games in a tv mm environment but if not he gives you a lot more than a rookie and you will miss the mb guard while you skill one up. 14 players is also not necessarily too much depending on how much claw you face. Meh I'm with Borke, drop the RR, keep the rest.

5. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Works great on a wight, since undead don't get enough natural strength access to be able to just drop a guard. Normally tackle is more important than PO if you went guard first though. If you go PO before Tackle (i.e. building a killer), then definitely get Tackle before Guard on that POMB fellow.

Also drop one reroll right away, and another one once you get sure hands on one of the ghouls. You have enough Block to manage with two rerolls, as long as you use them only when needed.

I'd look very carefully at dropping the AG ghoul due to his movement bloat, but that'd probably have to wait until you get a surehander and would also be dependant upon how the league you're playing the team in works. (But if it is TV-based matchmaking, wave him bye-bye without even replacing.)

6. DeBonic

DeBonic New Member

Country Flag:
    Update: I dropped a reroll, and dropped the PO wight mainly as I just don't use the skill enough to justify carrying it. I then had one of the guard blodgestepper ghouls get +ST, both a skelly and zombie got dirty player, and the 4 Ag ghoul got surehands. So the team is still bloaty at 2000, which represents a drop of 10. Mission accomplished boys!. I'm tempted to wait on the 4st ghoul earning 15 spp and give him surehands. Then drop the 4 Ag ghoul. That and dropping another reroll would lower the team value by 230 or 190 if i added another zombie/skeleton.