1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[TT Team Blog] The Leapsills

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Purgatory, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Nevermind about the name, the team is called Limmared Leapsills, the first part is my home town (a really, really tiny Swedish town), the second is a pun on the Swedish slang "lipsill", approximately translated to "whiner", since it's hard to distinguish between the English "leap" and the Swedish "lip" (to cry), this has led to many, many bad puns at the local TT pitch. I never planned to start a blog with the team anyway.

I have been playing Slann in the perpetual open TT league for a while now, and decided that the Champion 2,5 mil TV Red Rockets needed a break. Hence, BBtactic's first Slann blog (I think). The team is right now above 1800 in TV, but feels like rookies compared to the teams I'm up against, I'll be spending loads of inducement money this season. Luckily I feel that Slann is a team that both has decent star players and can really benefit from a Wizard, although popping the ball loose shouldn't be much of an issue.

My roster as it is pre-season:

Linefrog - Wrestle, Guard
    Linefrog - Wrestle, Tackle
    Linefrog - Wrestle, Kick
    Linefrog - +ST
    Linefrog - rookie
    Linefrog - rookie

Catcher - Guard
    Catcher - Dodge
    Catcher - Dodge
    Catcher - +AG

Blitzer - Block, Dodge
    Blitzer - Block, Guard, +AG
    Blitzer - rookie

Froxigor - Break Tackle

4 RRs, 5 FF, Apoth for a TV of 1850 and 30k in the bank.

Next on my to-buy list is a fifth re-roll. Slann tends to roll a tonne of dice, a least when I coach them, and due to the lack of basic skills such as Sure Hands, Block, Catch etc moving the ball around is troublesome and due to their only average speed, I find myself sometimes even tossing passes with the agile Catcher in order to score. The neat thing about the Catchers is that they can catch an accurate pass on a 2+ when marked by one player and then 2+ Leap (lip, that is) away for the score. The bad part is that neither the Pass, Catch or Leap comes with built-in re-rolls, so a fifth team re-roll feels justified and it's only 50k of TV. I can get them with the boatloads of inducements I get each game if I need to. Another issue is their low FF, due to my inability to win games with them (and roll <6 on draws) I'll probably lose the FAME roll every match, so any kick-off results relying on that is sure to be lost.

In any case, my first opponent is the Chaos Dwarf team my Rockets beat in he previous semi finals, coached by a skilled coach. I will post his roster tomorrow, and the match will probably be played on Sunday. I know I'll be getting a lot of inducements, I have no less than 520k to play with even after the mandatory Wizard. Any suggestions on how to spend these are most welcome, I'm thinking of something along the lines of:

(Wizard 150)
    Slibli 250
    Helmut Wulff 110
    Bribe 100
    Babe 50
    (Booze for the approx 12k fans 10)

Thoughts?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  2. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    The team I am up against MD1 looks like this:

Bull Centaur - Block, Break Tackle, Frenzy, Jugg
    Bull Centaur - Break Tackle
    Minotaur - Claw, Jugg, Block, Tackle, -AV

Hobgoblin - Kick, Wrestle, Tackle
    Hobgoblin - Wrestle, Tackle, -MA
    Hobgoblin - Block, Dirty Player, Fend
    Hobgoblin - Block, Dodge, Sure Hands, Kick-off Return, Fend
    Hobgoblin - Wrestle, Dodge
    Hobgoblin - +AG

Chaos Dwarf - Grab
    Chaos Dwarf - Claw, MB, PO, Frenzy, +ST
    Chaos Dwarf - rookie
    Chaos Dwarf - +ST, Guard
    Chaos Dwarf - +ST, Guard, MB
    Chaos Dwarf - Guard, Stand Firm, Claw, MB, -AV

4 RRs, 12 FF, Apoth for a TV of a grand 2520

So a really tough squad on paper, five S4 players (am I playing Dwarfs or really slow Lizards?) Thanks to the High Elves, the Dwarfs lost a Guard, Grab, Stand Firm Dwarf and they lowered the Mino's AV to 7 in the final game of the previous season (MNGs are not carried over). He thus still have some Guard, but just one Stand Firm.

So, 670k worth of inducements, I posted an example of what I can spend it on in the previous post.

3. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    That's a huge team value, he must be slowly exhausting his funds I would assume, in which case the upside is any damage you can do will hurt his roster.

I like the inducement choices - Helmut is good bet for trying to get through Dwarf armour and the wizard is always useful against a relatively slow and low AG team.

4. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Nice blog. :)

As a Cyanide-only coach, it's always interesting to read about Slann and Chaos Pact teams.

If you're sticking to Helmut an alternative might be

Master Chef: 300
    Wizard: 150
    Helmut: 110
    Bribe: 100

for 660. Good rolls on the Chef could decide the game.

Chainsawing AV9 is kind of risky (58% chance to knock them down, assuming no kick-back) and at that kind of TV they probably have some monster players. Only one killer and 3x Mighty Blow, though, I see.

Personally I'd still be tempted to consider spending the funds for Wulf and the bribe on a combination of apos and babes.

5. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Wulf and Slibli means you end up with 16 players, which might be too many.

Still, Wulf and that Mino seem to be a perfect match. (And if the mino leaves the pitch he could try gangouling stuff with your bribe)

6. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    The bribe could be used both ways, that's the point of it :)

Regarding the CD funds: they currently have 710k in their treasury, replacing retired or dead players is not an issue. That said, like the level 4 Dwarf that died in his previous game, it takes a few seasons to get those Blockers to >31 SPP and although a rookie Dwarf is by no means worthless, he pales in comparison to he Grab, Guard, Stand Firm Dwarf's utility.

7. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    The game against the CD was played yesterday, and it was a suitably stale affair.

I took my original plan of Wizard, Slibli, Helmut, Bribe, Babe, deciding that the fact that he has so many core skills on his players, stealing on average 1,5 re-rolls out of his 4 each half didn't warrant the Chef enough.

He won FAME and the toss and received my kick (which got us both a re-roll) in the fine weather. The beating started immidiately, with him stunning all three of my LOS Frogs and my Krox in his first turn of blocking and blitzing. I chased after the Minotaur and got him down but not out, while he kept grinding down the pitch. I played conservatively enough, and tried not to position myself in disadvantageous blocks, which was extremely difficult considering his amount of Guard and S4 players. The exception was my Wrestle, Kick Frog who courageously tied up the Minotaur until he was CAS'd with an MNG in turn 5. The same turn my Guard Catcher was sent out BH.

I did however, after a Leap with the Wrackle Linefrog, stop him from scoring, but I had too few Frogs left on the field to capitalize on it in my last turn.

The second half starts off with me having the Wrestle, Kick Frog, the Guard Catcher and an unskilled Frog in the CAS booth, to his Block, Dirty Player, Fend Hobgoblin, which was beaten up by the crowd to a BH. I received the kick and scored easily in turn 2, having both the Wizard and my Apoth still not spent, making for an awesome opportunity to actually win the game depsite being the underdog of no less than 670k of TV!

I kicked short, the weather changed and he again started grinding down the pitch. I had spent my Bribe on Helmut at the end of my two-turn drive to have him for anther drive, since I was running low on players. It was clearly worth it, since he spent his first Blitz trying to get him out with the Minotaur, only causing a stun.

Due to him overthinking his positioning (not that strange, considering he is playing CD after all), he ran out of time in turn 2, leaving a gap for me to exploit, all I had to do was Leap over a Dwarf with the AG4, Guard Blitzer and then make two GFI's to hit the Blodge Hobgoblin with my Wrackle Frog. I double-1 the Leap, not only costing me a great opportunity to really close out the game, since most of his team was positioned rather deep on my right, but I also cause a bit of an early turn-over, leavng some of my Frogs out of position (I gambled on making the three 2+-rolls with a re-roll, shame on me :p)

I aimed my Fireball at four players on my right side of the pitch, downing all four, but only breaking armour on one player, and not the ball-carrying Blodge Hobgoblin (almost Legend!). I then failed to capitalize on it, since my AG4 Blitzer again double-1's, leaving the ball in Chaos Dwarf territory after all.

The most remarkable thing to happen after that was that I flung his killer Dwarf (Claw, MB, PO, Frenzy, +ST) into the crowd who literally tore him to pieces, but the Apothecary was able to patch him up to MNG instead. I'm sure the Lizardmen coach will thank me for that, since he's up against the Dwarfs in MD2.

I can't stop the CD score late in the half, with five Frogs now in the CAS booth and one KO'd, there's no hodling back the several S4 and S5 pieces from forcing the score.

I have two turns to score the winning TD, but I'm out of re-rolls and since he marked my Catchers well enough, I have to go for a Long Pass to both make it in time for the end, and activate Diving Catch. Since my Catcher has AG5, that's a 3+, 3+ (Catch while marked by two players) and 2+ (Leap) chain for the win, but I fumble the pass, unfortunately. He's unable to engineer anything with his last turn, he tries for a hero play, Break Tackling away from my Blitzer (yay for rolling 6's!), and trying to pick up the ball next to my Catcher and passing it to the end zone, but he fails the pick-up, thankfully.

Final Score: 1-1 (2-5 CAS)

So not a very spectacular result, but I can't say I'm displeased with it either. I was the underdog this time around, not expecting to even be this close to winning, and I think that the inducements worked out really well. I'd say that my opponent overall rolled worse than me, rolling 3 doubleskulls (but having re-rolls for all), and getting a couple of messy turn-overs (a double-1 on a GFI with a Bull etc.). I saved my bad rolls for my second half, which meant that I was kept in the game by his rolls in the first and he came back in the game on mine in the second, essentially. Alas, moving in a Guard piece and blitzing his Blodge Hobgoblin with my Wrackle Linefrog, after having spent six dice getting the Hobgoblin down the first time, and ending up with a doubleskull hurt a lot.

The only SPP gathered was a comp and the TD, and the MVP landed on a 21 SPP Linefrog (damnit, but now I have 5 players within a skill with an MVP), so no skill-rolls. No permanent damage either, aside from the two players MNG'd.

Next week is High Elves, and I'll be getting no less than 770k inducements! Slibli is given, considering his Grab will be great to counter his plenty of Side Step players, and a Wizard is mandatory too. All in all, this is what I have in mind:

Wizard (150)
    Slibli (250)
    Hemlock (170) - for chasing down and stabbing those AV7 Catchers
    Re-roll (100)
    Bribe/Apoth/Babes (100)

Total 770k. Again, I don't think the Chef will be worth it in this match, but I'll post his roster tomorrow so you guys can chime in with some feedback.

I could also go with Morg, Slibli and babe for laughs, and it'd be cool, since I have yet to induce Morg in a single game, despite me playing this game for almost two years! :D

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  8. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    You need to play a season as halflings :p

9. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Seems like a "solid" draw :p

It seems there is a chance I may be starting in the next season at OFL (Cyanide based) and had already decided I will be starting a Slann team. I will be eventually starting a rookie team in the midst of 1800+ veterans so most interested in your blog!

I have no experience at all with them but from what I read they are a great team to play as an underdog due to similar mechanics to elves in ball stealing etc, so will see!

My main worry is that being the underdog for Slann could be actually preferable to being an equal in terms of TV at 1800+. Being the underdog allows for key winning inducements while same TV means primarily AG3 Slann have to eat all that Claw/MB without the natural counter in terms of repositioning that elves have. And not sure that just 4 ST access players and the Krox can compensate for that...

EDIT: Was thinking I may actually give Fumbb´s Box a go with Slann for a while so I can brush up a bit my AG3 stuff. I ve been on AG4 for so long (barring Unterwelt and my Necro team at OFL) that I need a tough rehab really. Someone needs to come up with an AG4 Anonymous or somefink, AG4A.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  10. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    The main issue with Slann as a rookie team is that it lacks the basic skills, with only Leap to compensate for it. Compare it to some other teams:

Chaos/Nurgle: No basic skills, 4+ ST4 players to compensate.

Lizardmen: No basic skills aside from AG3 Stunty Dodge, 6+ ST4 players to compensate, the rest have MA8.

Vampire: No basic skills, 6 ST4 AG4 players to compensate, unique Hypnotic Gaze skill, tier 2 team despite all that.

Chaos Pact: No basic skills, three big guys to compensate.

All of the other teams have at least Block or Dodge on a positional, and in the case of AG3 ball handlers, they start with Sure Hands. The exceptions are the Stunty teams.

You need to bloat a bit (Frogs bloating, lol) in order to get the team to function, you need Dodge on the Catchers and Block on the Blitzers, and preferably vice versa as well, and by then your Catchers cost 120k each, and your Blitzers 150k each.

You also need someone to do the blitzing and ball handling, ideally you need two Linefrogs each with Wrestle, Tackle/Strip Ball, to cover a side each of the pitch, and the Linefrogs are slow to skill and also have to take some hits for your more fragile or expensive players. By then you might be handing out inducements :)

11. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Continuing on with my previous post, which had to be cut short since I was late for a meeting; this is what I feel as a rather newbie Slann coach, I'm just shy of 20 games in with them, so do not take this as law by any means, these are my initial reactions playing the team and developing my own way, not really reading many guides (not that there are any).

First of all, Slann is sort of an in-between team overall. It lacks the resiliance and strength to bash with the top tier bash teams, and it lacks the agility and speed to really play elfball with Elves and Skaven. They want to score quickly, and can easily engineer a 2-turn TD that heavily relies on the Catchers, meaning they are maybe closer to Skaven than any Elf teams in pure offense play - though Skaven has access to both a piece starting with Sure Hands and access to Passing skills.

They only have 4 players with access to Strength skills (five if you count the big guy), but these are so ridiculously expensive and difficult to skill up with even the most basic survival skills, so I'm not sure if I even want to get all four of them, especially now that I have Guard on a few other pieces. It seems that on paper, a Slann Blitzer is the ideal candidate for a killer build, lacking only Claw, but starting with the coveted Jump Up to compensate for Piling On. That said, a Slann Blitzer with Block, MB and PO will weigh in on 170k on the roster, one with Tackle or a support skill (Dodge/Side Step/Guard) comes in on 190k and you also have to factor in the 31-51 SPP:s you need to get on this AG3 piece. It takes time, a lot of time. The fact that you can get a Linefrog that is a great ball-extractor (with Wrestle, Strip Ball/Tackle), but not a killer, means that it's even more likely that you will want to spend your blitzing hunting ball-carriers and using the Blitzers as supporters and Guard pieces. That said, they are the only player in the game aside from Bloodletters (not really in the TT game yet) and Vampires (who have Bloodlust) that have GAS as regular skill access, meaning there are plenty of ways to develop them, if you have the time and endurance for it.

The issue with the lack of strength (as in the stat, not the skill access) is made up for in other teams either by AG4 (elves) and/or starting with protective skills and basic skills (Humans, Norse, Amazon, Dwarfs, Chaos Dwarfs etc. etc.). With Slann you need to be even more careful, it's sometimes hard to hit back, and even harder to get away. Maybe I'm biased after playing Woodies for so long.

What Slann has, in my eyes and aside from the obvious Leaping and possibly the best defense in the game, is surprising resiliance. Most players are AV8, the exception is the Catchers, who incidentally are the only players on the roster that can reliably dodge or leap away elf-style, and thus will hopefully take fewer blocks than the AV8 pieces. They have the best big guy in the game to carry a lot of the weight on the team, with the drawback that it has one of the most frustrating negatraits. They have some neat stars with access to Chainsaw, Stab, Grab, and other utility skills on the same.

No matter how you look at it, Slann will probably play a very dice heavy game, unless you're up against an opponent who refuses to get into base contact. This s
    is further complicated by their lack of basic skills, which means that Slann needs four, maybe five re-rolls to work even when well developed. Even after you get the basic skills, their nische skill has no way to have a built-in re-roll aside from Pro, and massed Pro seems like both a waste of TV and also something I wouldn't want to rely on for important leaps.

All this petty whining aside, I really like the team and I can't remember the last time I was this excited about playing Blood Bowl.

To make this TL;DR post a bit more meaty for those uninterested in Slann theorybowl, here's my roster with the next skill choice in brackets, assuming regular skill rolls:

Linefrog - Wrestle, Guard, [Tackle/Fend]
    Linefrog - Wrestle, Tackle, [Strip Ball]
    Linefrog - Wrestle, Kick, [Strip Ball/Tackle/Dauntless]
    Linefrog - +ST, [Frenzy]
    Linefrog - rookie, [Wrestle]
    Linefrog - rookie, [Wrestle/Dirty Player]

Catcher - Guard, [Block]
    Catcher - Dodge, [Block]
    Catcher - Dodge, [Block]
    Catcher - +AG, Block, [Dodge/Sure Hands]

Blitzer - Block, Dodge, [Guard]
    Blitzer - Block, Guard, +AG, [Dodge/Side Step/Stand Firm]
    Blitzer - rookie, [Block]

Froxigor - Break Tackle, [Guard]

In the case of slashed skills, it's either because I'm undecided or because it depends on when and how the other players on the team skills up. Any input on this matter is greatly appreciated, whether you're a Slann coach or not! :D

12. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Linefrog - Wrestle, Guard, [Tackle/Fend]
    Linefrog - Wrestle, Tackle, [Strip Ball]
    Linefrog - Wrestle, Kick, [Strip Ball/Tackle/Dauntless]
    Linefrog - +ST, [Frenzy]
    Linefrog - rookie, [Wrestle]
    Linefrog - rookie, [Wrestle/Dirty Player]

Catcher - Guard, [Block]
    Catcher - Dodge, [Block]
    Catcher - Dodge, [Block]
    Catcher - +AG, Block, [Dodge/Sure Hands]

Blitzer - Block, Dodge, [Guard]
    Blitzer - Block, Guard, +AG, [Dodge/Side Step/Stand Firm]
    Blitzer - rookie, [Block]

Frogsigor - Break Tackle, [Guard]

I have highlighted in green my choices:
    Frog 1 Tackle before Fend. You only have 1 Tackle.
    Frog 3 I have selected Tackle for the same reason. 3 Tackle is a decent number to have as you never know when you ll lose any of the others. Although Dauntless is also a good prospect. The choice between Tackle and Dauntless should really depend on the oposition coming up in the next few games methinks. Lots of Dodge? Tackle. Bash? Take Dauntless.
    Frog 6: Dirty Player before wrestle in this one because you have enough wrestle linos or otherwise protective skills already in the team. Also you have a solid bench with a team of 14, which allows for ample fouling.
    Both the +AG Catcher and the +AG Blitzer need Dodge before anything else. Dodge just combines tremendously with AG5 and AG4 respectively. I think Dodge will help you save more RR than Sure Hands (not only helping when a first dodge fails but also preventing you from going gung ho on the Leaping). Plus Blodge in a Guard piece, that will be more often exposed to retaliation hits, will reasonably extend his life. I will probably not consider SF or SS until the piece was blodged anyways.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  13. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for the input!

This week's game is against High Elves, with this roster:

Lineelf - Block
    Lineelf - Block, Dodge, Tackle
    Lineelf - Wrestle, Guard
    Lineelf - Block, Dodge, Guard
    Lineelf - rookie
    Lineelf - Kick, Wrestle, Guard

Blitzer - Block, Dodge, Side Step, Guard, Shadowing, +MA
    Blitzer - Block, Dodge, Side Step, Tackle, Niggling

Thrower - Sure Hands, Block, Kick-off Return
    Thrower - Dump-off, Wrestle, +AG

Catcher - Wrestle, Tackle, Dodge
    Catcher - Block, Dodge, Side Step, +2MA
    Catcher - Nerves of Steel, Dodge
    Catcher - Block, Dodge, Side Step, Leap

4 RRs, 11 FF, Apoth for a TV of 2410.

So I'll be getting 770k of inducements, with only really Wizard and Slibli are set. The rest of it is still undecided, what to do with 370k?

14. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Helmut, a bribe and .. hmm.. another bribe?

15. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    I had my first ever game with Slann today at Fumbbls box.

I created a 3 RR 4 catcher 2 blitzer no froxi lineup and named it "Chaos Dwarves Cant Jump".

Guess who I drew on my first game?

:D Yes.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable 2-1 grind loss. I could have stalled second half for a draw but preferred to practice a bit the 2 turn Slann trademark TD. I often forgot to take advantage of the J/U skill, but the DT was really handy in a couple ocassions.

Ultimately the Block dice were my downfall. I rolled way too many blocks methinks, and without Block nor Wrestle I was a RR eating machine. I think rookie Slann has to be really careful with the movement order as a :bothdown::skull: typical block can end up in tears for any required leap or dodge needed later. I had the feeling the Froxi is crucial for Slann stability midfield.

Which starting rookie lineup you chose originally? Froxi or no Froxi?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  16. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    I started with the same as you, and bought the Froxi as my first purchase even before the 4th re-roll (after Apoth though, naturally).

I love him to death, except for that one time when he failed his bone head roll three turns in a row :p

17. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    The match against the high elves was played today. I took Slibli, Hemlock, Wizard, re-roll and bribe. He won fame and the toss and received.

He pushed down my right and after spending two turns repositioning my team, I managed to sandwich his team against the sideline, with my Diving Tackles and Prehensile Tails. The tables turned completely when he 1296'd himself while blitzing to free up his ball-carrier, allowing me to surf said carrier after he successfully dumped off the ball to a double-marked catcher. I wrestled the catcher down and moved the ball up with my guard catcher, protected by the Blodge Blitzer, the ST4 Linefrog and an unskilled Linefrog. He did get a blitz on the Catcher after two GFIs, but failed to recover the ball, and in my turn 8 I could blitz away the marking Blitzer with Slibli (thank god for Grab!), and hand-off to the Blodge Blitzer for the TD.

Second half starts and I'm again in great shape, wizard and Apoth still there, in the lead and attacking. My opponent completely wrecks all of this by rolling two pitch invasions in a row (!), with him having fame. I downed 0 players the first time, he downed 7, and the second time I downed 1 and he downed 5. Yaaay.

I was close to scoring 2-0 anyway, but failed the 2+ catch, burning a re-roll and the I failed the 2+ leap of course, so he could grab the ball and toss it downfield for a TD.

So, down 2-1 instead of up 2-0, thanks to our friend the kick-off table. I had to risk the pass in my third drive, a 3+ one with the re-roll intact. I fumble the pass and he scores again (damnit).

Final score: 1-3 (1-1 CAS)

My CAS against me was only a BH on the AG5 Catcher, his was a -AV on the niggle Blitzer (Apoth offered death instead). I feel so sorry for him! Honest!

I rolled for next week's automatic w/o as well, and all in all I got a skill on both the Wrackle Linefrog and the Frox. The Frox rolled 6+3, and the Linefrog 1+1, so both grabbed Guard. I also got enough cash in order to get my fifth re-roll with 40k to spare.

God I hate pitch invasion :(

18. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Aaand for those who were unable to follow along in the ramblings of my petty "snivel, my dice suck!" post, here's what the team looks like after three games (1-1-1):

Linefrog - Wrestle, Guard
    Linefrog - Wrestle, Tackle, Guard
    Linefrog - Wrestle, Kick
    Linefrog - +ST
    Linefrog - rookie
    Linefrog - rookie

Catcher - Guard
    Catcher - Dodge
    Catcher - Dodge
    Catcher - +AG, Block

Blitzer - Block, Dodge (29 SPP)
    Blitzer - Block, Guard, +AG
    Blitzer - rookie

Froxigor - Break Tackle, Guard

5 RR, 6 FF, Apo, TV 1960, 40k in the bank.

19. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Wow, almost 2000 TV and only two pieces with 3 gained skills!

*Yoda mode on* - Bloated Race these Slanns indeed are.

I am starting to think that that being the case... the hell with it. No point in trying to control TV, rather go all the way in with all blitzers, 5 RR, Frogsi and the whole nine yards. And after all inducements get diminishing returns once you go beyond a certain level and all...

I am finding rookie slann with just 3 RR and no Frogsi really really sucky: Cant Leap effectively due to lack of RR and cant block shite due to lack of both blocking skills and Big Guy. RR eating machines they are. I think I am going to start a new team with 4 RR and Frogsi, whatever that means in terms of less Catchers and/or Blitzers.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  20. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    A popular start in the local TT league is 7 Linos, 4 Catchers, 5 RR. The linos have just as much ST 3 as the Blitzers, and this way you have the rerolls to do some leaping and ballhandling early. Buy Apo, Big guy and then start on the blitzers.