1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modelling TT team on a budget

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by mamutas, Mar 12, 2018.

1. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Howdy,

So, I had bought a box of new BB (cause all respectable coach has to have one!), but I am pretty frustrated with the rosters of the teams that Games Workshop decided to sell it with.

No self respecting Orc coach will field the team with out 4 BOBs and 4 Blitzers, and never ever in his life will think to need 6 line orcs on the roster. Why Games Workshop? :mad::mad::mad:

The Human team is not much in a better shape either.

So, I am willing to go into TT, but incomplete teams stop me now and I don't really want to spend another $40-$50, just to get a few missing miniatures. :(:(:(

Anyone knows how to resolve that issue? Does anyone sell individual minis, which would not be too different to be added to existing GW team?:rolleyes:

2. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    The Orc team is easy just call 2 of the line orcs black orcs and 2 of them blitzers. They are all big and spicky and one of the linemen is in the same pose as a blocker and another is posed like a blitzer.

You can swap the heads round on the humans. I put the big spike on the thrower, little spikes on blitzers and catchers with no spikes for linemen.

3. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    That is just Games Workshop abusing the competetive scene. They know they buy two. Lot of people from my town paired together to buy 2x starting boxes, so both got great teams with some extra minis to represent star players, and loners.

Have you clued them together yet?

4. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Yes.

If you convert the humans you have to glue em as you need to trim down the bit that goes inside the body.

If you want cheap stuff Impact do a range of cheaper teams. Or just get fantasy battle sprues and cut the weapons off. It was dirt cheap a couple of years ago (thanks to the rage of Sigmar) but there should still be some deals. If you do this you will want to get a look at the figures first as they often have scabbards or daggers.

5. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Then you can house rule them to have weeping blades!

6. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    I was thinking of converting the linemen to the positionals, that seemed like the easiest thing to do.
    I have glued all them together already, back when I bought them last year, so can't swap the heads now. :(
    I still have bits from my Ork Boyz minis, I may salvage something to bulk up the lineorc into the BOB. I'll see what I can find...
    Thanks for ideas!

7. Mithras

Mithras New Member

Country Flag:
  8. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Ah, thanks these are great ideas, although surely involves much more work than I planned to put into it. ;)
    I am more a minimalist when it comes to painting and assembling, otherwise I'll never finish them to play with. :rolleyes: