1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skaven TV1100 + 6 Normal Skills help

Discussion in 'NAF Resurrection Tournament Tactics' started by Fabugee, May 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Fabugee

Fabugee New Member

Country Flag:
    I have a tournament coming up next week and just can't decide my team. I have a few rosters I am considering:

1. My usual build

4x Gutter Runners (2 with block, 1 with wrestle)
    2x Blitzers (1 with Tackle, 1 with Strip Ball)
    1x Rat Ogre
    1x Thrower (with Kick)
    4x Line Rats

3x Rerolls

with this build I've also considered taking Mighty Blow on the Blitzers for a bit more oomph ( three Players with Mighty Blow to try and get numbers advantage).

2. Hakflem Build

4x Gutter Runners (2x Block, 1x Wrestle)
    2x Blitzers (1x Tackle, 1x Strip ball)
    1x Thrower (1x kick)
    4x Line Rats
    1x Hakflem Skuttlespike

2x Rerolls, 1x Fan Factor

I can see how 5 Gutter Runners could cause some serious havoc.

I do prefer A blitzer to have Strip Ball, as I feel (and has been proven in my last tournament) Block/Strip Ball has a decent chance of getting the ball even when rolling two against. Tackle I choose simply to have some defense against Elves and other Skaven which I expect a few off. I like playing field position on kick offs, hence i chose kick.

But I am really struggling to decide, so any feedback or other ideas would be appreciated. I have had a friend suggest Glart but I don't have the model (or sufficient equivalent).

Thanks in advance

2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Welcome to the forum Fabugee!

I'd lean towards the first option and perhaps consider an Apothecary instead of the 12th player. You could use it to save a more expensive player and if you've not used it in the first half then you can use it on the second half to keep a KO player on the pitch.

I do like to have Strip Ball in a tournament, you've already found it useful and in tournaments you're more likely to come up against teams that don't have Sure Hands.

The extra reroll is also really valuable in the first choice. Something you may not have perhaps considered is to take Leader on the thrower, drop a reroll and that lets you afford an extra Linerat, or the Apothecary. That's probably the way I would go. I think I'd have to drop Kick to get it despite it being really useful.

Fabugee likes this.
  3. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    How about

4 gutter runners, one with sidestep (oneturning), one with block
    2 blitzers, tackle and strip ball
    rat ogre w/stand firm
    1 thrower with leader
    4 linos
    2 rerolls
    apo (for BH ogre, blitzer, thrower or special runner in first half, or on almost any KO in second half)

Fabugee likes this.
  4. Fabugee

Fabugee New Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. You're right, I had not considered Leader. I will go with the first option for sure, but now have some skills to decide on, but this only makes the decision harder, as Kick has served me so well in the past. LOL

5. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Oh, right, yea, in my build you should skip the block runner in exchange for a kick runner. (I managed to forget kick :eek:)

(Might be cheaper to skip the stand firm on the ogre and add kick on a runner that way)

6. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    For me 1.1m Skaven looks like:

Rat Ogre
    4 gutters (block/wrestle/strip)
    2 blitzers (guard/tackle)
    Thrower (leader)
    4 linos
    Apo
    2 rr
    AC

Blitzers are easier to tie down and gutters can get to places other pieces can't reach so prefer strip to be there. Wrestle adds an additional ball popping option while helping with protecting a gutter.

7. Fabugee

Fabugee New Member

Country Flag:
    Hi Guys,
    Thanks for your earlier replies. I ended up going with the following list:

1x Thrower (Leader)
    2x Blitzers (1x Tackle, 1x Strip Ball)
    4x Linerats (1x Kick)
    4x Gutter Runners (1x Block, 1x Wrestle)
    1x Rat Ogre

2x Rerolls
    1x Apothecary
    1x Fan Factor

The first day went fantastic with a draw over Orcs (1-1, had an opportunity to score on last turn but it was a case of 7x 2+ rolls with a 3+ GFI due to Blizzard and a re-roll available failing on a catch and later on the handoff), A 2-1 win over Chaos Dwarfs and a 4-3 shoot-out win over another Skaven team (thank you perfectly timed Blitz!).

The second day is when it went pear shaped losing both games 2-1 to Lizardmen. The first game I was beat by a superior player, the second I was beat by my own dice (my opponent commented that I effectively only rolled ones in the second half).

This is the first time I've come up against lizardmen and I am at a loss how to beat them when matched up against someone who knows what their doing (i.e. the first game). The first player had a usual tournament build of 6x Saurus (1x Tackle, 4x Block), 1x Kroxigor, and a bunch of skinks (1x Sidestep).

The second had same player numbers but 6x Mighty Blow on the Sauruses.

How do rats beat Lizardmen? I tried getting the Skinks off the field (only managed to remove two) and got lucky fouling out the Kroxigor. I am thinking the only way really to do it is by putting tackle zones on the Sauruses to tie them up sothat they have to separate from the ball carrier. But that is risky as it gives free blocks to the Lizardmen Player.

Well, thanks for your help regardless. I learned a lot from this tournament for sure and if Luck would have rolled my way in the last game could have had me finishing third or fourth.

8. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    You've got it pretty much spot on. Get after the Skinks, a Block Gutter Runner is ideal unless they keep them very well protected. Lizardmen are a hard team to beat at low team values. The Saurus are a right pain, use Linemen to tie them up out of position (or even your Gutter Runners if they don't have block as you've got Dodge though they can get 3 dice with a single assist against them).

If you can make them use their rerolls up early then that can help too as they don't have much in the way of skill rerolls and that makes nearly everything they do risky with a turnover chance.