1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two-Headed Cow?

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Olber, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Olber

Olber Member

Country Flag:
    Hi Coaches

I've got myself a mino with juggernaut and I'm daydreaming about where his skill-ups might take him. Has anyone ever tried a mino with jugs, break tackle and two heads? Should be a monster cage-breaker...

It's a Chorf roster so I'll need the double for the mutation but I can live in hope. As it's got Juggernaut already Block is less appealing too.

2. Olber

Olber Member

Country Flag:
    Thinking about it, Dodge maybe a better use of the double. Think the odds improvements are about the same by the time you've factored in team reroll and loner but it'll keep it upright more often too.

3. stephB

stephB Active Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    The first double you get for him should be claw, as I am assuming you are using him as your primary blitzer. No need for a cage break if they don't have enough players to form one ;)

mamutas likes this.
  4. Olber

Olber Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, I know, Claw. But I'm always trying to find a way to break away from the cookie cutter builds and still be functional.

5. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    I have often thought if I ever got a chaos minotaur with +ST, I would go break tackle > Two heads, then hope for doubles for dodge at some point and get jugger on a normal as well.

This way, if they don't have guard corners its a 2+ dodge into cage with 2, 3 dice blocks on the ball carrier (if you get a push on first hit and can mark all the corners)

As long as some corners are not guard you can guarentee 2 dice blocks.

Its more of a dream build you would likely never get a chance to finish though.

6. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I think its valid to go dodge if you get a doubles and follow that up with BT, 2 heads on a chaos mino - gives you a very different kind of threat for a chaos team, overall probably better than just a block mino. Chorf mino though you should just get claw.

7. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    I had 3 minos on my Chaos team over 5-6 seasons. Now all of them are dead. I'd be lucky to have an alive mino for those levels you are talking about. :D

8. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    In my opinion block and juggernaut are not overlapping skills. Yes juggernaut can save you from a turnover when you roll skull/BD, but it can do so much more. When you combine it with block now you can take down wrestling elves on a BD and use your MB on the play without going to the ground. That's a pretty big improvement. And juggernaut doesn't help on normal blocks or on defense. With only AV8 you need as much defensive skills as you can get on the mino.

So I still think block is in a tier of its own on a double, even after juggernaut.