1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tzeentch Horrors idea

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Street, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Wasn't sure where to post this, but was bored and wanted to work out a fun but different roster that would work for Tzeentch, pretty sure similar ideas have been done before but want to see what people think.

Tzeentch Horrors:
    Apo: No
    Star Players : Chaos? (Would love to give them 1 or 2 unique stars)
    Team rerolls 70k

Optional special team rules :
    Pink horrors that die add up to 2* rookie Blue horrors to the bench (Needs normal hiring cost to keep after match) with the dead Pink horrors name.
    Blue horrors that die add up to 2* rookie Brimstone Horrors to the bench (Needs normal hiring cost to keep after match) with the dead Blue horrors name.

*Only adds 1 if team was already on 16 players before the death

Brimstone Horror 0-16:
    Cost: 40k
    Skill Access: Normals = M/A Doubles = S/G/P
    6/1/3/6
    Dodge
    Stunty
    Titchy
    Foul Appearance

Blue Horror 0-8:
    Cost: 60K
    Skill Access: Normals = M/A Doubles = S/G/P
    6/2/3/7
    Dodge
    Stunty
    Dauntless
    Regeneration

Pink Horror 0-4:
    Cost: 110k
    Skill Access: Normals = M/S/A Doubles = G/P
    6/4/2/8
    Grab
    Extra Arms
    Regeneration

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  2. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I think the Blue horrors are too small.
    I haven't played Warhammer for a while so they may have made them weaker but they always used to be ST3 with the Pink Horrors ST5
    Maybe 6/3/3/7 Regen for 50K

As for Stars turn Count Luthor into a Daemonette to replace Morg. The stats and skills all seem appropriate.

3. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    I mostly did Blue horrors like that as I thought a stunty focused chaos team would be nice. Part of the reason I gave all the Blue horrors Dauntless was to make up for them being ST2, if I gave them ST3 I would get rid of Dauntless.

Putting Pink horrors up to ST5 I feel would be too much unless I reworked the team.

What do you think between Grab or Frenzy on the Pinks? I want them to have Grab as no current team starts with it but don't know if frenzy is more fitting.

Edit: Just to clarify more on player strength amounts, Khorne were very much lowered in Strength than you would expect so took same liberties here to make something more unique and hopefully balanced, its not like bloodbowl universe Horrors have to be as strong as other versions.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  4. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    either Grab or Frenzy works.
    I just don't think the current Blue Horror is any good.
    The brimstone is just better. Dodging on 2+ , same movement and about as hard to knock over as FA is about as good as ST2 but is 40K cheaper.
    So I would be taking the 4 pinks , loads of brimstones and fouling like crazy.
    You could reduce the price for them as dauntless on ST2 isn't worth much and neither is regen on a goblin.
    Dauntless and horns is a horrible combo so would remove the main Mutation for underworld goblins that blitz.

That said Brimstone is probably too cheap
    A +MA , +AV , Foul Appearance snotling with Mutation access for 10K more than the standard one.
    A Big Hand Brimstone would be great.

Also change the Blues from 0-16 to 0-8 for thematic reasons. 4/8/16 looks better than 4/16/16 for players that divide.

5. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Suppose I could justify undercosting the Blues if I then increase the cost of the brimstone at same time. I agree brimstones seem great value for money but its what the costing parameters used for original teams worked out at. ST1 is a big deal though as most players 3 dice them 1 on 1, but Foul appearnce does help a lot so can see justification for over pricing them.

Main reason I put Blues at max of 16 is so if the deaths into new players happens you can always get them. But as I reworked that to not be free extra players I guess the lack of a limit isn't needed as much.

Edit: Adjusted original post, increasing cost of Brimstones to 40k and decreasing blues to 60k, Can't see them being decreased below that as Regen is a big deal on mass.

6. Mr. Ghoti

Mr. Ghoti Member

Country Flag:
    Having mutation access is cool, and with Tzeentch it makes sense. Why not instead of having brimstones, just have pinks and blues, with flamers of Tzeentch and heralds as positionals like in khorne?
    Keep the split rule, make the blues regenerating goblins, pinks get grab at S3, flamers get S3, grab leap and very long legs, heralds get S3, grab and extra arms. Add a lord of change and basically clone the feel of the khorne team. No real offensive or defensive skills, but a lot of utility and positioning skills.