1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Udder Chaos!!: This team needs more cow belle...

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Captain Thorrek, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    With my theme being an all cow Slannesh team, I thought I could use a minotaur for muscle and be done with it. Purdy Breetches was a great player, but always ended up missing the next game. So I was thinking about some skills and mutations I could try to keep the Slannesh theme going while getting the team more competetive.

So far I got out of thirteen players:
    Two with disturbing pressence, one of those having catch (safeties), Two with block, One with guard, One with pass, One with sure hands, and the last five are rookies.

Keep in mind, I barred myself from taking frenzy (Khorne), or Chaos Warriors. So instead of going all bash, I need to mince my cows around Sasjhwa's defenders, and especially his Nurgle team. Here's some of the skills I had in mind:

Block, Tackle, Dodge, Extra Arms, Piling On, sprint/sure feet, pass block, and MV/AG boosts are all planned skills. Very Long Legs on my safeties (interceptions), and leap if I can pull off the double roll... will go with leap first, then VLL to get my players out of some bad situations.

Claw: to keep in theme, I'm trying to base my cows on daemonettes... not the ones that looked like Sinead O'Connor with castenettes, the newer ones. ;)

Foul (Dazzling) Appearance: Due to all the lack of bash, I figure one of the best out of the bashy game is to not get bashed. I figure on using this on a lot of my players to keep them my cows from getting blocked, and possibly burning a team reroll.

Two Heads: Tactically, it's a must for what I plan on doing. It seems to me to be more of a Tzeentch thing than Slannesh (I already made a Tzeentch team with The Changers of Plays). So this is up in the air.

Any advice would be welcome. I plan on keeping with the team... I admit, limiting my choice in players/skills brings out a new level of challenge and fun to the game. :)

2. Orient

Orient Member

Country Flag:
    ive had experience with an all beastmen team (12 bm, 4 rr starting roster) - and i can tell you now having that minotaur will be vital.

get a deep bench - beast/cowmen arnt particularly spectacular players, and with armour 8 across the team you WILL have people injured

GUARD - with a lack of strong players (bar the minocow) you will need to make up for the deficiency

id probably take a lot of wrestle too

3. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    I have a fever!

There is never such thing as too much cowbell that is for sure, but the more I read your theme plans, the more I think you should be playing High Elves! (without the claws, but hey).

4. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    I already tried playing high elves, but it's one of the few teams I played and am not too fond of (Nurgle being the other standing out in my mind). I might be a little too restrictive with my choices, but that's all part of the fun... I have a couple teams on stand by just in case the cows don't make it. :) (The Sting Chiggers, Gobbo mekkaniks' Gild). I also might bring the Necromantic State Hellcats back into the stable, but for the time being I think I'll keep with them. :)

I do see your point though, they are a bit... elfish. But that's half the fun, grabbing a team and trying something new with it... and Chaos are one of the few teams you can do anything you want with. :)

5. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    This type of team should be possible even with replacing warriors with more goats. ;)

6. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    Charngers of Plays had a fantastic passing game, so I know exactly what you mean. Having a beastman with extra arms and very long legs makes it a pain for opposing coaches also, racking up the interceptions. :) With one cow with Pass, and my safety having catch, this should develop into another great passing team. :)

I was wondering about prehensile tail for my linecows, with block, guard and tackle thrown in for good measure. I plan on doing just a bit of bashing. :D

7. Orient

Orient Member

Country Flag:
    I've had past success with having two beastmen (cows) - one on each widezone - with:

block -> tackle -> prehensile tail

The tail is good for forcing dodge fails, but tackle has more universal use. I'd consider

block-> tackle -> prehensile tail -> stand firm -> guard

as a total progression, as opponents will get sly and simply :pushback: the player out of position of blocking a run and create open channels of advance, so the stand firm keeps them on the spot

8. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I would consider getting stand firm before prehensile tail, to avoid getting blitzed off target:powdodge: