UEI: Crunch Cup XI: Standings

Rburton

Star Player
Country Flag
As the winner, I uploaded. May have been done by my oppo too. I can delete mine if you want Gallows?

Pollution

Veteran
Country Flag
OK, the heat is on in Division 10 this week. Things are REALLY interesting right now.

Ignoring Rburton’s phantom win up on the board (seriously, one of you delete your replay from last week, it’s driving me crazy) things are tied up between the Elves with 11 pts and the Humans with 11 pts.
Following at a VERY close third is the Amazons with 9.
And wouldn’t you know it the Dwarves are right behind with 7

The schedule for Week 6 is Amazons (9) vs. Humans (11), Elves (11) vs. Orcs, and Rats vs. Dwarves (7).

Assuming that Rburton’s Elves win their game…AGAIN… he pretty much locks up the playoffs with 14 points and one game to go.
Assuming the Dwarves win their game vs the rats, that put him at 10 points.

Now the interesting game, between current seeded #2 and #3 Humans and Amazons. If the Damsels can beat Average is Good Enough that puts the strippers #2 with 12 pts.

Which will give us a lineup of:
1. Rburton (14)
2. Pollution (12)
3. Karsiuz (11)
4. Jbob5590 (10)

BUT, if yours truly fails to overcome the across the board average team, the standing become:
1. Rburton (14)
2. Karsiuz (14)
3. Jbob5590 (10)
4. Pollution (9)

This would be a disaster for my ladies, so we’ll go with the first scenario and assume that I put the Murder-Axe to his team and go with Zons over Men for the upcoming week.

NOW, does that lock up the race you might ask?

NOPE! The final week of play is going to be even MORE interesting in the above scenario. Check this out:

We start off the last MD with:
1. Rburton (14)
2. Pollution (12)
3. Karsiuz (11)
4. Jbob5590 (10)

We will assume that Rburton either wins his final game (likely he’s the favorite). Giving the Elves a final score of 17. I for one, call Elf Bullshit.

If Karsiuz wins his final game of the season, that would then put him at 14 pts and take the #2 slot, until the Disrobing Damsels have a chance to play their opponent. Who is that you ask?

Well, to make the playoffs, would mean that the Damsels would need to beat....Dwarves... The worst team for Zons to face in all of BloodBowl. A match that I for one am NOT looking forward to.

So, assuming the Elves win, and Karsiuz wins his match the standings become:
1. Rburton (17) All matches played
2. Karsiuz (14) All matches played
3. Pollution (12)
4. Jbob5590 (10)

Pollution vs. Jbob5590. Strippers vs. Miners. Amazons vs. Stunties…I mean Dwarves… If the Zons win, they go into the playoffs. Should the Dwarves “TACKLE” the ladies at every turn then Rburton and Karsiuz go into the playoffs.

IDK about you guys, but these next 2 games are going to be BRUTAL for Division 10.

(Oh, and for the sake of theory-crafting, if Our Lord in Heaven stops smiling on the High Elves for the next two games leaving the Elves with 2 losses, then all kinds of madness sinks in, where Dwarves could enter the playoffs, the Zon’s could lock it up and end up #1, Dwarves could take #1, Humans could take control of the board and waltz into the cup… It’s just insane.)

This league is driving me to drink, and no mistake. And I swear if anyone points out what happens with Ties...I'm gonna lose my shit and kill a bottle of Whiskey right here and now.

Pollution

Veteran
Country Flag
And now with Da Bak Breakerz win things just got even more uncertain.

Well then... Everything I had figured out yesterday, is now wrong, or at least less certian.

All I know is that if I can pull a win this week, and next week (against DWARVES!!!) then I'll hit the Playoffs with 15 pts...

Though, if the Orcs can do the same, I'm not sure who moves on. Is it then determined by TD's? Or is it a sudden death situation?

jrpeart

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
jrpeart
Cyanide Username
jrpeart
Country Flag
The relevant section of the rules post:
16) Where eligibility for play off qualification or the assignment of any other placing related to a team's ranking in the cup is applicable, in all cases the ranking as applied in BB Manager will be the ranking deemed applicable.

a) BB Manager rankings are determined by the awarding of points based on the result of each match played. 3 points for the winning team in a match, 1 point for both teams in a draw and 0 points for the losing team in a match.

b) Where rankings are equivalent by points, teams are further distinguished by touchdown difference, this being the total number of touchdowns scored by the team, less the total number of touchdowns concede by the team.

i) Where rankings are provided using touchdown difference, touchdowns arising from administered results are included as they are representational of result as applied by the league commissioner.

c) Where rankings are equivalent by points and touchdown difference, the total touchdowns scored shall determine ranking.

d) Where rankings are equivalent by points, touchdown difference and total touchdowns, ranking shall be determined by random dice roll performed by the league commissioner.

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
And now with Da Bak Breakerz win things just got even more uncertain.

Well then... Everything I had figured out yesterday, is now wrong, or at least less certian.

All I know is that if I can pull a win this week, and next week (against DWARVES!!!) then I'll hit the Playoffs with 15 pts...

Though, if the Orcs can do the same, I'm not sure who moves on. Is it then determined by TD's? Or is it a sudden death situation?

It's covered in the Crunch Cup Rules thread
Rankings and Play Offs:

16) Where eligibility for play off qualification or the assignment of any other placing related to a team's ranking in the cup is applicable, in all cases the ranking as applied in BB Manager will be the ranking deemed applicable.

a) BB Manager rankings are determined by the awarding of points based on the result of each match played. 3 points for the winning team in a match, 1 point for both teams in a draw and 0 points for the losing team in a match.

b) Where rankings are equivalent by points, teams are further distinguished by touchdown difference, this being the total number of touchdowns scored by the team, less the total number of touchdowns concede by the team.

i) Where rankings are provided using touchdown difference, touchdowns arising from administered results are included as they are representational of result as applied by the league commissioner.

c) Where rankings are equivalent by points and touchdown difference, the total touchdowns scored shall determine ranking.

d) Where rankings are equivalent by points, touchdown difference and total touchdowns, ranking shall be determined by random dice roll performed by the league commissioner.

Pollution

Veteran
Country Flag
Got to say I'm not pleased about the 2 TD's awarded for a forfiet being in there, there's already an advantage from the 2MVPs and the 2TDs + 100k winnings given for a forfeit.

But, it makes sense I suppose.

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
Got to say I'm not pleased about the 2 TD's awarded for a forfiet being in there, there's already an advantage from the 2MVPs and the 2TDs + 100k winnings given for a forfeit.

But, it makes sense I suppose.

The reason it makes sense is because the person that gets the admined win was still robbed of an honest attempt at leveling players, most games don't end with the winner only collecting 10spp total. Taking the 3pts for a win and having team development take a hit is a double edged sword, yes you might move to the tournament, but once you're there you're more likely to be outclassed.

Yes I realize this applies less to high TV teams. But that isn't the boat your group is in. In this case, if you don't make the brackets because of a TD difference of 1, the only person to blame is the no-show that gave up the 2 TD bonus.

Last edited:

Pollution

Veteran
Country Flag
The reason it makes sense is because the person that gets the admined win was still robbed of an honest attempt at leveling players, most games don't end with the winner only collecting 10spp total. Taking the 3pts for a win and having team development take a hit is a double edged sword, yes you might move to the tournament, but once you're there you're more likely to be outclassed.

Yes I realize this applies less to high TV teams. But that isn't the boat your group is in. In this case, if you don't make the brackets because of a TD difference of 1, the only person to blame is the no-show that gave up the 2 TD bonus.

Like I said, it makes sense, but it still annoys the frack out of me (like when someone get's 3 forfeit wins when they probably would have lost one or two of those.

Makes sense, just a downer sometimes.