UEI: Crunch Cup XI: The Entrants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deluge

Star Player
Country Flag
I've changed my mind away from halflings and into Khemri.
I've risen the Anonymous Anorexics and named the players quite (in)appropriately.

So I assume we have until said deadline to play the CTA games we need?

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
I've changed my mind away from halflings and into Khemri.
I've risen the Anonymous Anorexics and named the players quite (in)appropriately.

So I assume we have until said deadline to play the CTA games we need?

Yes, provided the team applies on time, you have the next week or so to get games done.

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Remember that GB has to order teams according to their TV value in Divisions... so he needs some time before starting date.

Limdood

Mega Star Player
Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
Country Flag
I have a quick question on what he is talking about in above quote ^

Applicable teams are teams that are brand new,

OR teams that have played up to 6 games in the CTA open league (and no other league),

OR teams that have been in previous Crunch Cups and have played no more than 2 CTA games since (and no others),

OR teams that have been in the Crunch Cup affiliated leagues (such as the currently underway CTALE) and have played no more than 2 CTA matches (and no others) since then.

Some people like entering with fresh teams (they'll play mostly fresh or very low TV teams until the playoffs), and some people like bringing in established teams or returning teams (and they'll play similar TV teams until the playoffs). If i remember right, the lowest division teams don't play the highest division teams until the final match, to give the fresh start teams plenty of games, and the high TV teams a lot of opponents to kill their players before then :D

Deluge

Star Player
Country Flag
Yes, provided the team applies on time, you have the next week or so to get games done.

Oh, so the deadline isn't the 22nd? That's quite confusing :p

Can you set a rough deadline for teams to be ready? Just so I can plan accordingly and know how much I have to hurry

Cerlin

Veteran
Country Flag
So is it ok for me to enter with a fresh team? Or would it be recommended that I farm first. I am fine with fresh but if I only play against teams with a TV vastly ahead of mine from the start I'll be crushed XD. Are the groups based on TV?

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Yes they are based on TV and there are loads of fresh teams.

On playoffs different divisions are mixed though

Last edited:

AllyRdr

Super Star Player
Country Flag
If you're still needing teams Gallows, let me know and I'll apply. About time I put a team in the league here.

Stobelius

Veteran
Country Flag
I applaied with Blast Beat Lock Up.

If I may say, there's too many threads people an chat about the Crunch Cup. Information is scattered. Is it possible to have FAQ with appropriate links or something like that? For example I couldn't find anywhere if we are supposed to announce our online game applications here or is it enough to just appply in the game and wait for acceptance.

There's 64 accepted applicants plus the rest who wait for a possible opening. All the important data disappears beneath the similar posts and general chatting in different threads if you don't read every single post immediately they are posted.

Discussion is always good, of course, but it often wonders away from the subject and scatters around the place.

Crunch Cup seems awesome and I have great expectations to play in it but all the little, yet important, things are hard to find in the five or so different threads. Though I read pretty much everything I can find but as a newbie in this kind of big league can't remember everything and always wonder if I'm doing things right and within the rules.

Last edited:

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Oh, so the deadline isn't the 22nd? That's quite confusing :p

Can you set a rough deadline for teams to be ready? Just so I can plan accordingly and know how much I have to hurry

Deadline to be signed up in game is 22nd, I'll use that weekend to seed and kick off from the Monday, if all goes according to plan.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
I applaied with Blast Beat Lock Up.

If I may say, there's too many threads people an chat about the Crunch Cup. Information is scattered. Is it possible to have FAQ with appropriate links or something like that? For example I couldn't find anywhere if we are supposed to announce our online game applications here or is it enough to just appply in the game and wait for acceptance.

There's 64 accepted applicants plus the rest who wait for a possible opening. All the important data disappears beneath the similar posts and general chatting in different threads if you don't read every single post immediately they are posted.

Discussion is always good, of course, but it often wonders away from the subject and scatters around the place.

Crunch Cup seems awesome and I have great expectations to play in it but all the little, yet important, things are hard to find in the five or so different threads. Though I read pretty much everything I can find but as a newbie in this kind of big league can't remember everything and always wonder if I'm doing things right and within the rules.

I've cut it down as best I can over time, but the entrants thread was originally going to be the final list of entrants and simply announce the deadline for getting teams signed up in game.

But by the time I had the 64 spots posted, we had 69 applications so I was persuaded to continue sign ups a little longer, hence the confusion.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Entrant information updated to current status, will be reviewing applications in game shortly to confirm validity and accept.

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
I really fancy bringing my orcs back but the pimps are just starting to shape up nicely...

Maybe next season.

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
Before I actually submit my application can I get confirmation that gobbo teams are going to be entered into divisions where they will receive inducements?

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
If goblins don't get counted as being at least 150 above their actual TV when seeded, I'll personally tell GB he's being silly. :p

The question is if goblins would rather need 420k inducements to play competitively? Any experienced gobo coaches want to weigh in? Or is this an issue big enough for a separate thread?

Seeing as how flings would prefer 400k as well, perhaps both flings and gobs should be counted as being 400 above their own TV?

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
Personally i am fine with enough for bribes as gobbos, but enough for ripper as well is cool but not sure if id cope with tv1600 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.