1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UEI: Crunch Cup XII

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Nikolai II, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    I've been away all this week, but will be back at the weekend to apply before the Sunday night deadline. :)

2. magnus

magnus Active Member

Country Flag:
    Coldblooded coalition applied

3. Kjelstad

Kjelstad Active Member

Steam Username:
    Kjelstad
    Cyanide Username:
    Kjelstad
    Country Flag:
    The best snotlings int he game are IN THE GAME.

I didn't even know I was one of the seven until someone mentioned it in the lobby.

4. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    The Phantom Lords applied.

5. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    34 teams admitted, 11 in line but not admitted since they are reserves to get up to 40.

The six who have not applied yet (they do still have a day to do so, this is just a status update) are; Gremzilla, willpower68, Triple Skulls, Mardead, Miicr0, Basilisk9466.

Applicants in the queue who haven't applied yet (and also have a day) are Ging, HRNSUP, DrHealex

Seeing as it is unlikely that we'll hit 64 teams, and we've already passed 32, I'm inclined to do as GB did last season and split things up into one group play division and one playoff division.

Group play would be in groups of 8, playoff either 16 or 32 (probably 16 in playoff and 16 in Crunched Cup, option would be 32 playoff and 8 CrC)

Wild Cards would then be handled like this: Wild cards are first paired up as close as possible. For the second round they are matched up with the winner of a matchup from the higher wild cards division.

Example - if Wild Cards come from divisions 1,3,5 and 9, they would for the first round of playoffs be matched up so the wild card from division 1 plays the one from div 3, and the one from div 5 plays the one from div 9. Rough? Well, it's a wild card.
    For the second round, the winner of the 1/3 matchup plays against the winner of the matchup between the winner of division 1 and whoever from division 2 played against him, and the winner from the 5/9 matchup plays against the winner of division 5 and whoever he met from division 6.
    This will mess things up between divisions just like last season did, but at least not until everyone has had one "fair shakes" game, and after that all bets should be off anyway. ;)

6. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    It feels like that would clean up the day 1 eliminations by a wildcard. Thanks Niko! Now I just have to play well enough to get a playoff seat

7. Basilisk9466

Basilisk9466 Member

Country Flag:
    Terrors of Legend have applied. Was trying to get both CTA games in, but lost the first one and the second resulted in me DCing during initial setup, so... total value, null. Ah well. :p

8. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    OOPS!

This is what you get for being ill

Ah well, if possible

The Lizard Wizards
    Lizardman
    keechmj/Citiven Nev
    GMT+1

Applied in game too

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  9. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    42 teams admitted, 6 in line but not admitted since they are reserves to get up to 48.

The six who have not applied yet (they do still have a day to do so, this is just a status update) are; Gremzilla, willpower68, Triple Skulls, Mardead, Miicr0, Ging.

Applicants in the queue who haven't applied yet (and also have a day) is now only DrHealex

We'll see what happens next. If everyone applies I'll spend a couple of days to get applicants up to 56 just to fill stuff up, but that is for early next week. :)

10. Miicr0

Miicr0 Member

Cyanide Username:
    Miicr0
    Country Flag:
    Oh damn! This is already going! I'll quickly apply.

I was so focussed on playing and handling the Big Crunch that I totally forgot about the crunch cup signups!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  11. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    One day left, so no panic, just don't forget about it :)

12. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Sesame Creeps have applied in game.

13. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    So what are the numbers looking like now? How many teams and how many divisions?

14. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    I hope I didn't eff my applying up and my team is among the yet unseeded teams...

15. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    When I went to bed it was six divisions, and three more teams needed to get to seven, but it will be until I get home to be able to tell for sure.

(That said, I'm soliciting for those three teams already, and I expect it to work out)

16. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    last night I got the Impression Hobnail was interested, try him. He'll bring Norse too!

17. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    It's more like "last night I asked Hobnail to help me out, or at least he volunteered" :p

18. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    Ha! I'm glad you got him. I played ogres against his norse. Fun game. Only 1 snot MNG. I don't think Hobnail is that scary ;)

(The 2 ogres BH on the same turn feel otherwise)

19. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Anyway, deal has been finished, all 48 have been admitted - but five are sitting out. With Hobnail included we need two more volunteers. Anyone who would want to play but has not applied yet?

Triple Skulls and Norse, you've talked the talk, are you interested in walking the walk?

20. Triple Skulls

Triple Skulls Member

Cyanide Username:
    Triple Skulls
    Country Flag:
    Sorry, I've been messing around trying to decide whether to play CC, BC or both.

I shall play the CC and will apply tonight. Need to decide if +Str on an elf blitzer (the other has +AG!) is enough to make me want to continue playing AV7.

Failing that I shall go Orcs to get rid of my bashlust.

Is that ok?