1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uk Chemical Addiction - retired.

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by crimsonsun, Aug 7, 2012.

1. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    I lost Hashish to a strength decrease and Cannabis is to be replaced when I can get some rookies levelled. Final score was 1-1 which was a miracle with Nobby's dice in the first half, by turn two I had four players off the pitch and from turn 5 in the first half I had only 4 players to attempt to stop his drive.

2nd half was better but my biggest issue was Nobby's insane dice but with so much better development on my squad, all I needed was solid positioning to lock him out of the second half. Obviously I did not dare risk playing for the win - not that I had the chance too as I failed 4 pick ups on my drive.

I felt I handled my self well during the match especially in the 2nd half where I positioned very well to shut out an opponent who's dice were on fire. I failed once again to level anyone and with two players out for my next match its going to be a nightmare game for me against Anton's Ghouls Wanna Have Fun.

I will right up a team review later tonight. Crimsonsun

2. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    OK so next up is Anton's champion ship winning undead team...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This squad is all about the first 4 players, otherwise he has what looks to be a fairly new Ghoul squad and a very mixed bunch in terms of Zombies/Skeletons for a total 13 player squad.

A True killer though and though just the way I build them also! The only change I might have made was the +Av but I cannot fault it either as its a perfectly sound option.
    [​IMG]

This guy is obviously the Utility Blitzer - Just like I build them also, as a result he will need pacifying - either by pitch removal or using positioning to place him out of the action. He is not even close to the top of my target list which makes the latter option far more appealing if possible.
    [​IMG]

The first of the Midfield monsters he possesses, Blodging Standfirm will be a royal pain in the arse for me to deal with and the odds of me removing him from the game are not great. He will be a prime fouling target though, but otherwise I will seek to double up on him with my Guardians to keep him out matching in the game.
    [​IMG]

Another very dangerous Midfield blocking player that goes towards making this team possibly my largest Midfield challenge remaining this season. Again I will double up on Guardians against him where possible as otherwise it will be a nightmare to overcome him. I will be watching with interest how Multiple Block works for Anton as its a build I am considering myself for Tomb Guardians.
    [​IMG]

My team on the other hand is especially for this match looking battered!

[​IMG]

I have just hired to rookie Skeletons to bring my squad up to 13 for the game and have 100k of inducements to spend as things currently stand for which I am in two minds as if to grab 2 babes or a bribe I am on the side of the former more so at the moment though.

I still have 4 players sitting on the verge of a Level up, it would be nice if I could hit at least a couple of them this game simply as I have not levelled any positional players this season and I feel it will really go along way to boasting both my moral and my teams performance on the pitch.

With my current record this season I really need the points from a win but I do not rate my chances at all in this match as I feel I will struggle to get even a draw so will be ecstatic with that. On the other hand I am of the opinion this is the last of the Top 3 teams I have to face in the division after this I feel my opponents teams are of equal or lesser ability than my own so as long as my coaching skills are up to scratch its in my hands if I will be able to gain promotion or not.

My priority this game is to get a draw, followed by killing Ulric other than that its all about survival and spp for the remaining 6 games of the season. Comments, feedback and most of all advice is very very welcome. :D

3. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    I'm not an expert with either Khemri or Undead, but I'd say that going by your priority list (draw > kill Ulric > survive > anything else), a bribe might actually be better - unless you can say that you are going to foul Ulric every turn, regardless ;)

Maximizing the amount of armor breaks on Ulric (and as soon as he's out the ghouls) is going to go a long way to ensuring all your objectives. For both you need fouls, Ulric due to his AV9, and the ghouls due to the fact that your killer is rather ineffective at bringing blodgers down, so you need your tackle pieces to do the job and then follow it up with a foul, if the AV7 held up.

4. nufflehatesme

nufflehatesme Member

Country Flag:
    that is quite possibly the best undead team I have seen in lrb6. thankfully you have the best tomb guardian I have seen to combat the mummy monstrosities.
    I would take a bribe. use lyse to knock the mummies over, then boot the crap out of them. his ghouls are the weak link. if you can get the mummies out of the way on his drive, you should be able to put some real pressure on his offense with your 4 guardians.

gl in claiming a scalp! any of the top 4 would make a nice addition to the trophy room

5. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the comments guys due to xmas we do not play this until the 2nd so been quite a wait but its a match up I am seriously looking forward to.

While I agree with needing fouls for the damage my fouling has been crappy this season so far so I will see how I feel on the day.

Those Mummies Verses my Guardians will be one of the best match ups for midfield pitch control I have had the pleasure to play its going to be a wonderful conflict to watch as an impartial players though I expect it to be more scary since I am directly involved!

crimsonsun

6. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    Just thought I would say that due to me being ill for the last week mine and Anton's match has been moved to 19:00gmt tonight which though I am very much looking forward to I am concerned about due to my lack of bloodbowl played in the last two weeks.

Any last min advice?

7. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    Oh cool, I might get a chance to spectate tonight then :)

I'm still in favour of the bribe and going after his key pieces hard and fast. I am with nufflehatesme in that you should definitely try to kick and use his drive to decimate him.

In order to add a little incentive to the "always foul" claim, here are some quick numbers for fouls:

- Chance to be sent off: 16.7%
    - AV9 + DP: 1 assist will give you a 17.4% chance of removing the player for the drive. 4 assists double that chance to 34.7%.
    - AV9 w/o DP: 2 assists for the 17.4%, 5 assists for 34.7%.
    - AV8 + DP: 0 assists for the 17.4%, 3 assists for 34.7%.
    - AV8 w/o DP: 1 assists for the 17.4%, 4 assists for 34.7%.

So overall, even 1 or 2 assists will already give you better odds of removing the opponent than for your fouler to be sent off. And that's before taking into account your bribe.

On the other hand, there is no guarantee they will stay off, due to KO rolls and Regen, but it'll most likely be a low scoring game anyway, so removing a player just for the current drive is extremely valuable by itself.

8. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Chance to be sent off if you actually break armour, 30.6%

So 3-5 assists is what you want for good likelihoods of painful fouling. (Or a bribe)

9. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    I completely ignored that part of the equation, sorry. I guess the bottom line would depend on what you define as success (no pitch removal + no send-off, pitch removal + send-off, pitch-removal + no send-off). Under the circumstances of this game, I'd probably count all three as successes, and therefore start fouling with fewer assists.

10. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    I always aim when fouling seriously to reduce the opponents armour down to 5 as this maximises my odds. Taking a bribe allows me to foul at any point during my turn, which is far more important than being sent off or not a lot of the time (the turn over is the issue not the losing a player)

Being able to foul during my turn rather than only as a end of turn action is massive for getting those assists as it allows me to do so without bunching my players and costing me positioning on the pitch, and will hopefully allow me to do some early damage upon a player or two with fouling - though my fouling this season as been rubbish thus far but that is also because I am reluctant to foul unless the situation makes my odds of removing players as good as can be and without bribes in a close match I will not get more than 3-4 such chances in a game at best.

Feel free to watch - I only hope I can acquit myself with dignity...

crimsonsun

11. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    I won't be able to watch after all, my BC game was scheduled very quickly, for the exact same time.

So I wish you good luck, maybe I'll catch the replay!

12. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    Well it was horrible, utterly horrible I did not get play a game instead I got out diced completely too such an extent I never at any point was able to get into the game or pose a viable challenge.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  13. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Ugh, commiserations Crimson, sounds painful :(

14. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Ouch, Crimson. Sad to hear it.

For some reason the last week has been brimful of these kind of matches, both my own and 4 others I have watched has been severely skewed. Maybe the RNG is trying to shake off some meat from the player base... :(

15. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    All my matches currently are extreme one way or the other I played using a Norse team last night and royally thrashed some Amazons in a game they didnt have a chance simply due to the dice.

On topic I play my next game against the first of the Lizard teams The Young Ones
    [​IMG]

These guys look like they will be more than a slight handful to say the least. I asked someone watching my last game if there was much I could have done to change things and they said it was totally beyond my control but even still I put my mind to what went wrong besides the dice and realised I am suffering from a massive lack of Guard (especially last game as one of my guards was missing) as well as Mighty Blow. I was also hindered by a lack of Juggernaut and a lack of tackle (though- this was largely due to LSD being badly hurt turn 2 and the missing player). If I am going to progress in the league I will need to address these critical issues quickly as I have completely failed to level the players I needed in replacement of those I've lost and now the injuries are spiralling and I am not levelling anyone.

My team is very much lacking in Positional players with ability - Neither throw Ra is effective, my one skilled Blitz Ra just took a Ag decrease so is missing my next match while the other has failed to gain a single spp in 4 matches. I now have 2 Skeletons sitting on 5SPP but I need to achieve something more with them to actually make them useful while another is stuck on 0spp - Though I am considering firing him for this upcoming fixture simply because it would make my Inducements 230k instead of the frustrating 190 I am at, but I am afriad that will not leave me enough players for the match.

This game is a must win if I want to have a good chance of at least staying in the Division for another season, failure to achieve a win will likely lead me to relegation again and maybe the conclusion that I am trying to compete at a level beyond my skill, as I fall unceremoniously back down to tier 3. I could excuse one such season on poor luck but two is making me ask way too many questions about my ability. Answers to all my queries below please :D

crimsonsun

16. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Two seasons of bad luck isn't impossible either and it could be more the team than you, a lack of guard in particular is always going to hurt Khemri.

17. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    The lack of Guard is a new issue for this season, due to my poor performance I am not levelling players to replace the loses I suffered and the cycle is getting worse and as a result I will need a game with fortune on my side to be able to turn it around I have a few players in range of Levelling on the back of a good game which would make my life a lot easier sadly I have been in that situation all season and I've only lost more players thus far. Its not all doom and Gloom yet though my Tomb Guardians are solid and a threat to every opposing side.

crimsonsun

18. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    That is the best lizard team that I have seen for a very long while. Good luck old boy - take all three bribes as inducements!

19. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    Lets just say this match was no improvement for my team as another 3 players hit the scrap heap (7 level 3-6 this season alone now) on match day 6. I think the highlight of the match was when I blitzed a Skink ball carrier with a Throw Ra die I choose with a reroll in hand but a gfi needed (both Ra's had tackle remember) fail gfi, reroll gone, double skulls, dead, regenerate equals 1. The other Throw Ra gained a Strength decrease 2 on a two die block I choose against a unskilled skink also...

1-0 defeat was the result, which could have been avoided if I had been less pissed off with my seasons matches at the end of the game. I also failed to score on 2 occasions due to failing a 3+ roll (once with a reroll) during the match.

So my team is crippled and I am staring relegation in the face once more next up I have the divisions 2nd place team - The Warhammers

[​IMG]

So loads of guard, a Str 5 Blitzer, all there best players are blodged and I've lost 3 tackle players this season leaving me only 2, 2 of my dirty players, 3 of my Guards, 2 of my wrestlers and my Juggernaut.... I have 300k inducements but basically I am screwed.

crimsonsun

20. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Move 7 runner that used to be move 8.. yea, that's an amazing team.