1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[UKBBL] King Arthurs Court

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by 20phoenix, Nov 6, 2012.

1. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Played like poop this week and lost to a coach I really should have beaten.

Managed to put enough pressure on his opening drive to force a score halfway through the first half. My response was effective with the boys breaking down the right flank, largely trouble free. However turn 7 saw Arthur KO'd so I scored turn 7 to give me two chances at getting him back. Which failed :rolleyes:

Second half I just made a complete hash of. The Chaos coach was playing the contact game, something which I normally gobble up with this team but a string of bad decisions kept putting me in bad positions. Twice I managed to muster the troops into an effective charge down a flank, looking in good position to score but both petered out, the second time with the aid of a wizard which helped pop the ball loose. He couldnt recover the ball but with my entire team in contact I failed a 3+ gobbo dodge as first action which gifted him a second chance. I managed to scramble back and dump his carrier down and even retrieve the ball but I lost it again. Some balls to the wall d6 got his carrier double marker but he made the dodge to earn the win.

Kicking myself really as I should have had at least a draw but played like a chump. Still - no one injured so theres that.

2. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Out of nowhere the Court have pulled league survival from their arse! A final day win against Darkstalkers elves (the ones Galahad decimated last season) made sure I did my bit however I was reliant on three other results going my way. Two losses for two of the relegation contenders gave me hope before a 2-2 draw for Bobmans humans was literally just enough to keep me up. It put him level on points with me but a better TD difference keeps me up :D :D :D :D :D

Galahad had another good day against the elves racking up three more casualties to haul him to within 5SPP of my first legend. Get the ticker tape ready!!

However please doff your caps ladies and gents. The awesome Sir Degore shall be hanging up his boots after this game after taking -MV in the game. That coupled with his niggle is an injury too far. 60 games as a goblin is a good tally though. The Black Knight also passed away this game so we've taken some minor surgery. Plenty of cash in the bank so nothing to worry about.

3. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    I'm waiting to see what the rerolling situation is like this season, from what I've seen elsewhere it could be bad. If so my 7th place finish may see me going upwards (I inherited a 0-1-3 Record and finished 3-3-4, I was unable to secure more than a draw in MD11 or I would have finished 5th on touch down difference I believe.

By my maths I should be staying where I am, I think the top five teams in KHE and HHE will be going into tier 2.Which is fine by me as it means I have a 50-50 chance of facing Davo next season, a fixture where I fully intend to put his team in its place.

4. Dionysian

Dionysian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Wow! I was looking forward to playing Court again next season as well!

Oh well, gratz! (It's not the promotion I was expecting of you pre season but I guess it'll do :p)

5. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    I think the best thing that can be said about this season is that I was competitive in every game except the dark elves. A lot of games were decided by small margins so next season I have grounds for optimism.

6. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    If you stay you get a 100% chance of facing Davo & Dio...

And good stuff 20p. That was cutting it close. :)

7. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    No there are two tier 3 east side divisions so they could go to either its split between the promoted I believe, I miss promotion by one spot on my maths.

8. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Its straight promotion between T 4 & 3. GWE always goes to HHE and AFE goes to KHE.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  9. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Tru dat...

10. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    Congrats! I limped over the line in Prem East as well, and just about survived in 9th place. Not quite the high I was hoping to go out on, but at least I avoided the drop.

11. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Saw that last night. How come you're retiring?

12. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    Took the text from under my fingers.

13. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    Had something of a disagreement with Javrel for reasons I won't bore you with. That spilled over into a disagreement with my admin Ugnash (who took Javrel's side), and rather than get cross about it I decided to I just to call it a day. I've been told I'm welcome back if I want to, but I'll see.

14. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Still continuing with your DOTA group?

15. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yes, the vent server is shared with the OCC, where I'm still a member. Even if it wasn't I chipped in £45 towards server costs a few months back (puts me to about £100 in the last year or so), so figure it's reasonable to use the service for a bit longer!

16. Silfuin

Silfuin Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Hey Everblue, you playing also DOTA 2?

17. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yes - everblue650 on steam. Currently called "Old Ironsides".

I'm not very good - 2200 MMR.

18. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    New season is imminent so here is our opponents for the season:

Darkstalker - Pointy Eared Torment - High Elf

A familiar opponent as we have played these in the last two seasons with 2 wins. Galahad loves this team as in both games he's torn the team to shreds. TV of 1830 with 10 rostered players and 1.75M in the bank :eek: The team has some really nice players but its real weakness is the lack of players. The blodge/MB/tackle/jump up player is the highlight along with a legendary thrower. i doubt our game plan is any different this time around - let Galahad off the leash.

OneManBucket - Snafu Legion - Chaos

I played this team in the conferences when i was playing goblins and beat them :D Different proposition now although its certainly not your average chaos team. No mino, a warrior squad all level 5 or 6 and all built the same, block/mb/guard/claw/tackle on each. The beasts are where it gets interesting - a superstar ball carrier with MA7, a block/tackle/tents beast and an accurate strong arm extra arms beast are the one to note. I may be the only team in the division where ST3 tents could be an issue :D Tackle is plentiful on the team so they could be troublesome.

Trmmom - Elite Elitists of Elitia - High Elf

Another high elf team thats light on roster - 11 players and 630k bank. Must be a UKBBL thing! Three AG5 players including two wrestlers, 2 leapers including a wrackle/strip baller mean that protecting the ball is going to be a pain in the arse and any loose ball is going to be claimed. Puts some real pressure on my offfence! Still, 2100 TV with 11 players means some decent inducements and no bench for him most likely. This will be interesting

GColeman - Feyenorc - Orcs

2350 Orcs. Nuff said. ST6 Blorc, ST4 blitzer, AG4 MA6 thrower, 2 AG4 gobs and a 15 man roster. Lets just chalk this up as a loss and move on.

TBC....

19. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    Jesus. Gav's orcs have grown up a bit since I played them a couple of seasons ago. Maybe the chaos team will do a number on them first...

20. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    I've said in the banter thread I want a blitz so I can foul for 17 turns :p