1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[UKBBL] King Arthurs Court

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by 20phoenix, Nov 6, 2012.

1. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Well MD6 was a disaster....

8 casualties including a dead Sir Bedivere and -MA on the newly leveled two heads gob. Think there was a MNG on one of the rats too. My twin clawpombers managed a cas and a KO between them. 3-1 loss to Mr Lewis' Chaos Dwarves and with the last of my skilled goblins goes any lingering desire to keep this team at the end of the season. I intend on spending the rest of the season fouling for 16 turns and clawpombing what I can - because I can :p

2. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    Nooooo, not Bedivere!

It really sounds like a rough season you are having, 20p, and I can understand not wanting to continue with the team (though it might still change ;) ).

Good luck with the fouling plan anyway, might as well go out with a bang :D

3. Dionysian

Dionysian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    rerolling to?

(hint: there are 22 wrong answers to this question)

4. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    This isnt like the reroll discussion I floated with the Stake House where I was enjoying the team but getting frustrated at falling just short every season. I genuinely think I have hit the glass ceiling with this team and the fun has gone so the reroll is definite.

As to Dio - i'm going to be giving you a wrong answer :p

The shortlist is Undead, Wood Elves and Skaven in that order. No mutations :eek:

5. lawastooshort

lawastooshort Member

Cyanide Username:
    lawastooshort
    Country Flag:
    Which is the right one?

20p, I would be quite tempted to go down the slow, tough and violent route, but I wonder if Wood Elves would be more fun. Until they all die a bit.

Why no mutations?

(Also, it’ll be sad to see KAC go :( Understandable though.)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  6. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    He wants me to reroll to vamps I think :p

The no mutations comment was a comment on me - the races I play the most have mutation access or are tier 2 so its a bit of a surprise for me to take a tier 1 side without mutation access! Undead are my #1 choice as they are probably the best team left that i've never played in a league format. That and I do love a good foul.

7. lawastooshort

lawastooshort Member

Cyanide Username:
    lawastooshort
    Country Flag:
    Oh, I thought you meant if you took Skaven you wouldn't take any mutations.

I guess if you haven't played them in a league yet that's a good reason.

8. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    The Court celebrate the passing of a legend into folklore - Sir Galahad is no more. Fouled to death in the first half, the apo was sent on to revive the fallen warrior. Successfully patched up he re-entered the fray in the second half - to suffer the same fate :lol:

He was a true hero and a lasting legacy of this franchise. How fitting he dies on the pitch against the team that has more reason to hate him than any other.

Apparently there was a game too but no one cares about that do they?

(2-1 to the Court)

For the record i've rediscovered the fun with this team but i'm still rerolling at the end of the season. Its been a wild ride but its time to hang up my warpstone hat. One last hurrah against some skaven next week then its time to think up a good undead theme

9. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    Well, considering it's the end of the Court, it is very fitting that Galahad should beat the team to the dug out. A worthy end to a great hero!

I hope your last game goes well, and you have a good start with the Undead :)

10. lawastooshort

lawastooshort Member

Cyanide Username:
    lawastooshort
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for your team / writing about the team that was one of the reasons I started playing Underworld, 20p – and yes, good luck for your new team.

11. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Well its time to close the book on this blog. When I started this team I didnt expect them to go 9 seasons and I certainly didnt expect to have as much fun with them as I did. One things for sure - when UW appear in BB2 i'll be bringing them back to a league again.

Thanks to everyone thats contributed over the two years this team has been running and thanks to all the silent readers. Its nice to hear it motivated a few to try the race out for themselves :)

So long and thanks for all the fish :p

12. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Thanks 20p, you are an inspiration to all UWD players everywhere.