1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[UKBBL] King Arthurs Court

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by 20phoenix, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Thorlacius

Thorlacius Member

Country Flag:
    Grats on the win and nice to hopefully soon have them Blitzers lvl´d up ;) Sure are great when they get more some skills on them, how are they currently as i recall u were having trouble with u´r pair ? no

btw i wanted too watch "spy" some of your matches but could´t find the tier in bbm :(

2. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Ahhh UKBBL have developed their own uploader so BBM is not used. Its quite nifty actually! If there is interest in watching replays I can upload future games to BBM.

Blitzers are doing ok - I think I'm on my 7th and 8th blitzers which considering the team is only three seasons old is quite something! One is MB/Jump Up the other MB/Guard at the moment

3. Thorlacius

Thorlacius Member

Country Flag:
    Ok that explains why i couldn't find them! Lol
    Only upload if u got time for it i would definitely watch them if u did ;)

Thats crazy amount of blitzers u've been through!
    I'm still with my original pair after 4 season, iguess i've been lucky :)

4. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Arthur continued his recent trend of being completely useless and nearly cost his team the game as he failed three of the first 4 RS rolls with the fourth leaving the carrier very exposed. The ball was pinched from the knights but they valiantly fought back to regain it and a warriors failed effort to take the goblin down allowed the Court in to score. Second half wasn't much of a contest as casualties took their toll so although I managed to get some pressure on the cage it wasnt enough and nurgle opted to score early and have a shot at winning. A perfect defence crippled my slim chances of going for a winner so the Court sat back on the edge of their endzone for the rest of the game.

My next opponent is an underworld mirror match and will be happy to know I am down a blitzer and AG4 linerat for the next game so his chances of winning just shot up. Despite having two blitzers within 1SPP of a level I failed to get 1 on either so no tackle either. I'll be posting up his team after he has played his game as i'm line for around 400ish inducements and will have some decisions to make.

5. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Quite frankly i can't be bothered writing up that last match against the divisions other underworld. Dice were awful, four sets of snake eyes and a double skulls meant I rarely got to finish my turn, nearly got pitch cleared (4 left for turn 16 drive) including dead blodge/extra arms (rolled -ST, apo said dead so I agreed with the apo) thrower and dead mighty blow linerat and failed miserably to knock down the opponents.

Team is suffering a real setback this season as i'm back to two rookie throwers. For the third match in a row i've failed to get the 1SPP on the blitzer to get to 31. Only SPP for the game was a casualty by Arthur in turn 14ish. Lost 3-0

6. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    MD6 was Llandiens wood elves, a game I was quite confident of winning as the woodies were going into the game with just 11 v the 3 MB, DP and 14 players of the Court.

The first half went to plan as the woodies were forced into a quick score and the rest of the half saw the Court grind down the pitch to equalise in turn 8. An elf thrower was almost killed but the apo patched him up. Other than that the elves only took one casualty first half so it was 11 v 10 for the second half. I failed to knock over any of the LOS despite no protection skills leaving the tree tying up a few players. The tree did end up going down the following turn and stayed down for a few turns during which the Court had wormed a hole through the elven defences and were caged up in scoring range. The elf response was to throw everything at the cage marking up everything with anything which turned out well for them especially after one turn of trying to break out, the troll rolled :bothdown::bothdown: to leave the carrier exposed. This slip wasnt punished and the elf loner repeated the trolls feat to allow some breathing room. The scrum ground on for a couple more turns and eventually there was just a couple of TTM options available final turn but a SS wardancer was marking the ball. Six dice later the dancer was still on her feet and now marking all the TTM options to boot so the TTM inevitably failed and that was that.

Finally got both the blitzers leveled! Looking at claw for the jump up one and tackle for the naked MB one. The rookie thrower Nimueh scored and got MVP to level in her first game so am thinking block as I want some protection due to having three naked rats again. Beginning to slide down the table after my good start (3-0-0 is now 3-2-1 and am now 4th). Need to start getting back into the winning groove if I want to stay in the promotion hunt. Only 2 points off the top though so its not all doom and gloom.

7. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    And the good start continues to disintegrate as well as the team.....

MD7 was 1900 TV dwarves which was always going to be a tough ask. From the UKBBL forum:

A 1-0 loss for the Court in a helter skelter game with much more dodging and desperation blitzes than either coach would have liked. The dwarf drive ground to a halt after a 1d blitz in turn 7 by the tackle blitzer took down the blodge carrier which forced the dwarves to roll enough dice to fail one. My quick push down the left in the second half was shut down pretty effectively and although I was a 3+ catch away from scoring it was through a desperation play. Dwarves recovered the ball but were again sacked on a 1d blitz this time from Sir Bedivere, the horns/wrestle gobbo. A goblin recovered the ball and made for the end zone but was dragged down and his attempt to retrieve the ball failed on the pickup scattering the ball off the pitch. A very nice throw in made the dwarf winner a near formality.

Another dead rat as Sir Gawain, the last of my +stat pieces has bit the dust meaning both throwers and both linerats have now been replaced in the last three games. Tough times.

8. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    FAME won this game as a blitz result in the opening drive and a pitch invasion which chopped down 6 fling players including all three trees put cornish under a lot of pressure. He survived the blitz and managed an impressive 8 turn drive to score. The UW response was to fail the first GFI of the 1TTD and with no reroll that was the half. Second half the Courtiers piled down the right, pausing only to smack a few flings to score in three turns and make the game interesting. The crowd don't like interesting games apparently as they vented their displeasure on the flings with a 6:1 result on the pitch invasion. This allowed me to get enough pressure to turn the ball over and score again. The flings had a couple of turns to tie it up and a high kick enabled them to get the ball to the AG4 fling......who promptly dropped it. Courtiers swarmed the ball, knocked over the AG fling and Sir Bedivere grabbed it to make the game nearly safe. A hero blitz powed Sir Bedivere down but the flings were unable to clear the ball and that was the game.

Sir Lancelot made hay racking up an impressive 5 casualties with Sir Galahad picking up the other. Nimueh scored the opening TD and picked up the MVP to gain a level and Sir Gawain scored the second TD to get halfway through level 1. Sir Ector De Maris died in battle, slain by a tree. He lasted 18 games as a LOS goblin ever since he picked up -MV which is pretty decent.

Next up is Orcs which have a tacklepomber and plenty of other tackle. No inducements to help me out either. Arthur, Galahad and Guinevere best start sharpening their claws/heels!

9. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    Cornish has had some rough results this season, and coaches his flings very well - congrats on the win!

10. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Thanks EB!! MD9 was a crunch promotion game as I hosted some Orcs sitting one point behind me in the table. With 1 auto spot pretty much nailed on and Dio's Pro's 5 points ahead having also not played yet I really needed some points on the board.

Bomber Dribblesnot was the star of the show as during a blitz at the start he threw a bomb which the Orc troll intercepted, fumbled and knocked over his entire LOS while leaving mine intact :D The following turn the bomb was again intercepted and thrown back to the LOS where it knocked over two of mine and injured Guinevere before she even got a foul off. Turn 3 he had found his range and stunned the carrier along with a couple of the cage corners which allowed me in to pinch the ball. Getting it safe was tricky and I spent the next few turns having to roll more dice than I would have liked but it was all worthwhile as Morgana scored her first TD for the Court. A missed pickup and some doughty defence left a long bomb as the only equalising option which failed and second half the Court managed to extend their lead through Merlin II. The Orcs hit back leaving one turn left to salvage something. A riot opened a very small window but the ball was secured behind screens and the inevitable TTM attempt was all that was left. Sir Degore arced through the air straight into the arms of a welcoming Orc :)

As a side note we finally managed to stem the flow of dead players! No levels from the game but some vital SPPs on two of the rookie rats. Goblins up next

11. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Idea shamelessly ripped from Pidpad - Hall of Fame added to the first post for exceptional dead/retired players :D

12. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    A quick turnaround this week as we faced off against Cheesey Mcstabbins goblins. Firing the staff brought the inducements down to 310k meaning the gobbos had to go with just Ripper.

Goblin on quasi-goblin was always going to be messy and so it proved. A well placed bomb from the goblin bombardier took out the carrier on turn 2 and the AG4 pogo swept in to steal it before hightailing it to the endzone surviving a hit or two on the way. However by the time the pogo crossed the line the gobbos were well down on numbers as the blitzers tore into the goblins. With three turns left the Court pushed down the left flank before handing off to a goblin to score. The gobbos one turn attempt failed as the goblin missed the landing. Second half the outnumbered gobbos got the ball but had to send the pogo down solo as they were under heavy pressure and the underworld safety took him down. A failed break tackle on a troll later and the ball was heading back to the goblin endzone. A desperation blitz by the pogo failed and the ball was handed off to a linerat to score. 2-1 to the Court but well played by Cheesey who fought valiantly despite being outmanned all game.

3 or 4 levels from the game I think - Lancelot leveled with two casualties, Sir Degore scored the opener and i'm pretty sure one of the linerats and Gawain also leveled. I'm now in a similar position to last season, currently occupying 3rd with all the other teams around me having a game in hand. A win final game of the season should be enough to see me up but we shall see. I've bottled it from this point before :p

13. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    So the server outage lost me all the SPP I gained :(

I ended up with one level on Gawain instead who rolled 6+4. I'm not taking armour and i'm leaning towards not taking move either. I just think these players really need some sort of protection especially as promotion and higher TV teams are potentially lurking around the corner. Anyone want to talk me out of taking wrestle?

14. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    I think wrestle is right on linerats. Then after that you can get clever with them.

15. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Wrestle is good, you probably want a Wrackle safety rat if you haven't got one already. Then Horns/Strip Ball/2 heads/Dodge unless you get lucky and get to bloat him up with a nice stat boost.

16. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    I took wrestle as expected. Final game of the season was Kal Skirata's rats. Having watched a couple of his games this season I already knew what to expect. He has a natural one turner that no matter what the game situation or whether he's had to use the reroll he will always try to score with. Seems a bit dull to my taste but to each his own. Plan was to let him receive - one turn then spend the rest of the half squashing rats since he only had 12 players. Nuffle had other ideas and gave me a blitz on the kickoff so my MB/tackle blitzer made a beeline straight for the one turner but failed to take him down. As predicted he tried anyway despits having to make four dodges past a player marking the sideline and 3 GFI's. He failed the first of them and spilt the ball on the sidelines. I cant recall what happened particularly well but I forced him to take a riskyish pass in turn 4 to the one turner to score. I put my offence under needless pressure by not checking pathing properly and running a linerat past the ogre and injuring himself out the game. My turn 8 cam down to a 4+ pass with a thrower to a marked gobbo who needed either 2 3+ dodges or a 1 3+ dodge and two GFIs for the endzone. Pass, catch and first dodge went fine but he failed the final dodge with reroll to put us in at halftime behind.

Second half was mostly spent trading quick scores and in turn 16 it was 2-2 at a kick off with all the key elements of the one turner still on the pitch. The short kick made it even easier although he burnt a reroll double GFI blitzing a gobbo to clear a path for the one turner. Everything else passed so I lost 3-2. However the game was a dead rubber anyway as I had already secured 4th and couldnt catch 3rd without racking up a massive win.

Lancelot picked up a couple more casualties and got to level 4 so has taken guard and one of my two MA7 gobbos scored a TD to get to level 3 and grow himself some extra arms. The other MA7 gobbo will take a week off after picking up an injury.

I'm very happy with a 6-2-3 season which not only gets me promotion but is also my best record to date and the best seasonal record for an underworld side in the UKBBL so far. The team looks in reasonabe shape although I really need more skills on the rats after the mid season rat apocalypse. This is my end of season team:

King Arthur - Troll: Claw, Tentacles, Guard 41 SPP
    Sir Lancelot IV - Blitzer: MB, Tackle, Guard 33 SPP
    Sir Galahad II - Blitzer: Jump Up, MB, Claw 41 SPP
    Merlin II - Thrower: 5 SPP
    Sir Gawain II - Lineman: Wrestle 6 SPP
    Nimueh - Thrower: Block, Extra Arms 24 SPP
    Sir Mordred - Goblin: 3 SPP
    Sir Alymere - Goblin: Two Heads 11 SPP
    Morgana - Lineman: 3 SPP
    Sir Dagonet - Goblin: +MA MNG 15 SPP
    Guinevere - Goblin: Dirty Player 14 SPP
    Le Bel Desconneu - Goblin: 0 SPP
    Sir Bedivere - Goblin: Horns, Wrestle 27 SPP
    Sir Degore - Goblin: +MA, Extra Arms 18 SPP

Treasury: 400k
    FF: 10 Rerolls: 3 Apo

Sir Bedivere has managed an impressive 42 games alive as a goblin! He, along with Arthur are the sole survivors of the teams first season

17. Thorlacius

Thorlacius Member

Country Flag:
    Congratulations. on the promo. ;) some possible awesome gobbos u are building there, just needs a couple more two heads and PO for Galahad then u rule!

18. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Two heads is a curse - every time I put it on a player they die shortly after :rolleyes:

Wont stop me picking it though :p

19. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    As expected the Court are now Tier 3 bound....along with most of the rest of the division! So my division has a distinctly recognisable feel to it this season.

Here are the teams:

Rogerdodge - Chaos Dwarf
    Marvin the Arvn - Dark Elf
    Hurskuldr - Dwarf
    Khinax - Necro
    Duckwing - Amazons
    John2471 - Orc
    Flyscarrface - Nurgle
    Bob and my Yak - Underworld
    Dionysian - Pro Elves
    Kal Skirata - Skaven
    Kharny - Lizardmen
    20phoenix - Underworld

Going to be a tough season this season and my success is likely to lie in the hands of inducements and my blitzers. Aim for the season is to no get relegated :p

20. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    The opponents in detail (in play order)

Its a Big Bang (John2471) - Orcs

A 1700 Orc side first up who have tackle on every blitzer including one tacklepomb and one mb/tackle. Could be a painful way to start and getting those blitzers off early is going to be key. The rest of the team isn't worth mentioning really but at least i'll be packing a wizard!

The Dirty Bin Men (rogerdodge) - Chaos Dwarves

What do you not want to play as stunties after a tackle heavy orc side? 2k Chaos Dwarves......Plenty of tackle/MB, a ST5 bull, a blodge bull, an AV10 block mino :eek: This is going to be tough..Not insurmountable but tough - I suspect i'm going to need to rely heavily on 2 out of the following 3 things to go right: 1) armour rolls 2) wizard 3) dribblesnot.

Scalehide Scavengers (Kharny) - Lizard

Currently 1560 TV with a MNG skink to take them to 1720. The Saurus line isnt scary at all (one block, tackle, break tackle saurus) but the skinks are heavy on DT which could be a nuisance if he is confrontational. Should be an interesting game.

Kneekappers (Hurskuldr) - Dwarf

After my week off from outright stunty bashing we're back to the good stuff again :( The team is 1800 TV and looking over the roster my overwhelming feeling is it could have been worse. A deathroller accounts for 180 of that TV and at the moment there is only four pieces with MB. If I can get shot of the slayers quickly the game will suddenly become a whole lot safer....

Pearls and Cartridges (Duckwing) - Amazon

A new opponent for me who brings a 1910 amazon side to the table. A couple of level 6 players hold a lot of the TV on this side - the first a block/diving catch/SS/fend/diving tackle catcher and the second a ST5 AG4 MB leap lino :eek: Her only saving grace is she doesnt have block yet.... 15 player roster means I can probably expect some fouling. I just hope my blitzers/linerats are still alive for this one or i'm going to be royally screwed I think!

Terminal Illness (Khinax) - Necromantic

Another new opponent - this one with a 1780 necro side. Some interesting players on this side but the undoubted star is a ST5 blodge AV9 wolf. An AG4 tackle, MB, strip ball wight will also be a nuisance. Their saving grace is the squad size - only 12 players so if the blitzers/Arthur/Guinevere get motoring and regen is off there is potential for a numbers advantage here.

The Agency (Marvn the Arvn) - Dark Elves

Third season in a row playing these guys with the Court winning both to date. However after losing against me last season he went on a cracking run and was the eventual division winner. The team has developed a lot over the last two seasons and he is now packing 1860 TV. In terms of fear factor these are one of the better teams for me to face but the dual assassins in the lineup could be a nuisance. There is an MA8 blodgestepping blitzer so one turner attempts are likely and a blodgestepping, tackle, DT blitzer who will be a real handful.

Pirates of the Nurglibean (Flyscarrface) - Nurgle

With a season of development under their belts this team are not as eminently beatable as they were last season. The team is 1680 TV but with only 12 players on the roster at the moment. The MB/claw warrior will need removing early to ensure the safety of King Arthur and the AG4 sure hands pest will likely be the ball carrier. I expect this team to look a bit different by the time I get there but at the moment I think there is points to be had here.

Caerdydd Conquerors (Dionysian) - Pro Elves

Another match up against my regular foe and fellow BBT coach Dio. His Pro's took a bit of a hammering at the tail end of last season but still have 1660 TV (1800 with MNG catcher) The lino squad looks like your average pro elf lino squad (rookies mostly :p) but the blitzers will be a handful and the obligatory +MA catcher is in attendance. Beat this team last season, doubt i'll be repeating it

Turnips with Crazy Plays (Bob and my Yak) - Underworld

The game i'm most looking forward to. My team got mauled by Bob last season as the injury dice slapped me around which prompted the wobble in form that dropped me out of the title chase. I dont think either of us are expecting to be in the shake up this season but my boys want revenge :D The team seems to have taken a bit of a hit since we last played as the roster is down to 11 and a TV of 1550 (1630 with MNG gobbo) I have blitzer/troll envy as his star blitzer is AG4/MB/tackle/claw/horns, the other AG4 tackle, leap and the troll has block, claw, tentacles, stand firm. This will be a battle of who gets the others stars out first, my gobbo squad is better but his rats which will be more influential are better than what I can offer.

Skratch and Sniff (Kal Skirata) - Skaven

Another regular opponent and for some reason this match always seems to come last. The 1680 TV squad (1730 with MNG linerat) includes a natural one turner and an AG boosted thrower both of which he relies on way too much. Remove them and his gameplan goes out of the window. Other than a level 4 ogre and a block, SS, leap, tackle gutter that is pretty much where all his TV lies. Gameplan here is likely to be smash stuff and hope for the best :D

Pretty bashy division all in all, not helped by the fact I play the three worst teams in the first four games :( Last time I visited tier 3 it was a similar story and early player losses crippled my season and the fear is the same thing will happen here. However I have the best set of blitzers i've had with this team and if they live they can be the gamechangers. I'm predicting glorious relegation :D