1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[UKBBL] M.L.S. All-Stars

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by greymurphy42, Feb 18, 2013.

1. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    After 4 seasons of coaching Vampires, I decided to reroll to Nurgle for season 13 of UKBBL. The Monty Python inspired M.L.S. All-Stars ended up in Drakwald Forest West, with 5 other rookie teams and 6 more experienced teams. I started with the beast, 4 warriors, 1 pestigor, 5 rotters and 2 RR. The fixture list looks like this...

1 - Woof Woof (Spig) - 1180 Necromantic
    2 - The Vulture Squad (Warscream) - 1000 Chaos
    3 - Phril And Delphia Eagles (BigAshW) - 1000 High Elf
    4 - Roskilde Rockets (Konky) - 1690 Human
    5 - Circus Mundus Absurdus (Mercy Flush) - 1280 Chaos Dwarf
    6 - middle earth's elite (Salvesto) - 1260 Human
    7 - Preacher (Verbal_HM) - 1000 Khemri
    8 - The Lords Of Decay (jbecks) - 1000 Nurgle
    9 - Athel Loren Gladiators (Hruthgar) - 1000 Wood Elf
    10 - Hammers of Hashut (Monkeyboy) - 1600 Chaos Dwarf
    11 - Blood Donation Drive (Acrozatarim) - 1270 Khorne

MD1 saw the visit of the Necromantic team Woof Woof.

2 x WW - Block
    2 x FG - rookie
    1 x W - +ST
    1 x W - rookie
    1 x Z - kick
    5 x Z - rookie
    2 x RR

The All-Stars hired a wizard with their inducement money, and kick to the Necromantic. An early misclick which saw a Golem trying to dodge into a couple of TZ handed the initiative to the All-Stars who kept a disciplined defensive line, and a couple of turns later knocked down the ball carrying Wight. The crowd threw the ball into the middle of the Necromatic half, and the Pestigor eventually managed to get away with the ball and score. A long drive drive in the second half saw another dead zombie (regen works again), and a lightning bolt that missed the Flesh Golem it was aimed at. Scored again turn 16, and the last turn saw Dobies Itch the rotter dead/dead on the LOS, and now has a spot on the Woof Woof roster :)

Streptococcal Ballinitis scored both TDs and picked up Sure Hands, two of the warriors are on 2 and 4 spp from CAS and one of the rotters picked up the MVP.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  2. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    Our game will be interesting lol we have the exact roster :) congrats on the win :) I play him next week

3. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks :) Although they'll probably look a bit different by the time we get to MD 8 ;) Congrats on your draw with the Khorne, that's the one match that I'm not particularly looking forward to as I think his BT will probably tear me a new one by that time of the season.

I think you'll do well, so long as you don't have too many blocking turnovers. I found that he was keen on man marking, but with the extra strength of the warriors it was easy enough to get two dice most of the time. According to the stats I made 68 blocks to his 37, which averages more than 4 per turn :cool:

4. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    Nice...our game was fun it was close to either of us winning...I thought at first I almost stopped him scoring but he picked the ball up in a tackle zone and dodged out with no rerolls :D :D hehe

His bloodletter leveled up through our game so he will probably have MB now, his BT KO'd my beast of nurgle, but I also managed some cas and KO's. Cheers for the heads up :D

5. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    Warscream22's Chaos team is up next. He lost his first match 1-0, but the MVP fell on a beast who caused a CAS, so he now has a beast with +1 AV. He's gone for the classic starting roster of 4 warriors, 7 beastmen and 3 RR.

6. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    That seems a bit.......bloaty

7. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    Played this afternoon, and won 2-0 :) He chose to receive, and we get a Blitz! It's a long kick, so I settle for blitzing a beastman and staying back. He picked up the ball, blitzed a warrior and didn't block the LOS :confused: Managed to KO his +AV goat, who was on the line. Hed moved up, but a couple of turns later a failed FA roll on his blitz left the ball carrier exposed and a loose ball. Streptococcal Ballinitis picked up at the second attempt, and scored turn 8. Two of his three KOs stayed out for the starrt of the second half, and after a quick snap I surfed a beastman to give me more of a numbers advantage. I was planning on trying to hand off to one of the warriors on 4spp, but he got tangled up in the Chaos attempts on the ball, and my pestigor ran in the second on turn 12. The last four turns were just a bit of pushing and shoving really, and he finally got the ball into my half on his turn 15...

50k winnings I think, but I've got a week to decide whether to keep saving for a third RR or splash on the second pestigor.

Also the Wood Elf team has been replaced by some rookie Dwarves, who play the Khorne this week.

8. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:

I would take another pest and just be more cautious on when to use a reroll :D

9. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    I won 2-0 :) I have a warrior missing next game! I had 210 inducements and took a bribe and reroll...I should have taken a reroll and igor! as I was fouling quite abit and the ref never saw me once! and then we had a get the ref! so two bribes lol.

I took a wolf out early game and then he tried to dodge away from my beast with his str4 wright who escaped tentacles but failed the dodge and gouge his eye out :) I then fouled of his other wright and he had trouble then. my CW leveled up whos missing next game! I really need a Rotter to level to get a DP :D

Im going to buy another pest, they are 80k right? as I have exactly 80k :D

I play the chaos team next week too :D they must enjoy playing two nurgle teams in a row :D

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  10. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    Having looked at the fixture list again, you always seem to get my sloppy seconds :p Apart from MD 8 & 9, you're playing the team that I've just played :) I can't see you having any trouble with the Chaos, we were talking on Vent during the match, and he hasn't played that much. He set up to kick to me with players on the line in each wide zone, and I must have surfed half a dozen throughout the match (all stuns though).

High Elves next for me. He's got a lineman who's levelled and enough money to hire an apoth so we'll be about the same TV for the game. He's chosen his skill now, and it's an +AG boost, and he has hired an apoth too.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  11. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    Back up to 11 players now after Meningo Myelitis (pestigor) joins the team.

12. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    All-Stars win 2-0, but a costly victory. Streptococcal Ballinitis (SH pestigor) died on a failed dodge, and regen failed. And only 1 spp from level 3 too :( Still, Meningo Myelitis picked up 5 points for a TD and a kill, one of the rotters who'd got an MVP in the first 2 matches got a kill to level and my 2spp warrior picked up the MVP, despite spending the second half KOd!

It started well, with 3 KOd elves in the first 3 turns, but I'd had to use 2 RR on that blocking, and a couple of early blocking turnovers in the next few turns left me with quite a long way to go with only 2 turns left. Managed to block the ball carrier free and mark up, and he made the 2 GFI in the EZ to score.

Second half I had the beast, a rotter and a warrior out KOd, soon followed by the dead pestigor. His blitzer dropped a catch and I managed to hand off to the other pest to score. I would have conceded my first TD this season had his blitz on a marking rotter on turn 16 not come up :skull::skull:

13. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
  14. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
  15. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
  16. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    Nice result against the elfs!

17. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks :) Bit gutted about the dead pestigor, but looking at it I should have 2 rotters and a warrior skilled up, and after rerolling the winnings I should have enough to rehire a new one. Oh, and two free rotters too :D

18. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    hehehe good work :D I purchased my second pest but gave him block first, Ive been trying to get a free rotter but everyone's been selfish so far and not letting me have their players!

19. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    Lorenzo validated, all 3 skill ups were normal rolls, so 3 helpings of block :) I'm going to hold off any more decisions until Konky's played his match, currently I'm looking at 530k of inducements.

20. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Ever considered other results than 2-0? I hear they exist :p