1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wood Elf UKBBL Maryland Marvel

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Cerumol, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Cerumol

Cerumol Member

Cyanide Username:
    Cerumol
    Country Flag:
    Being quite new on this site I thought a good way to get involved would be to start a team blog. I've a new pro elf team just starting in OCC, but instead I've gone with my Woodies in UKBBL. This is one of the first teams I ever had in a private league in Bloodbowl and I have come close to cutting them many many times. For some reason I just cant let these pixels go.

So they are now in their 12th season. They currently play in UKBBL's Prem West. And have been running with depleted numbers last few seasons. I managed to build up their roster last season and missed out on playoffs (top 2 from each prem division) by 1TD - scored by a one-turner gutterrunner in the last turn of my season. Not that I'm bitter.....

This season has started with 2 wins. 2-1 v Chaos, followed by an admin win against orcs due to my opponent losing connection and failed re-try.

I'll update them as my season goes on with info on my opponents too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  2. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    According to that image you've got one rostered player....:eek:

3. Cerumol

Cerumol Member

Cyanide Username:
    Cerumol
    Country Flag:
    Hmm with a TV at 2330. Anyone have any idea why this would happen or how to show the whole roster?

4. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Even the one player who is showing up is strange. He has Ma+, Ag+ and three skills, with 114 spp. That would be fine except that he also has -Ma, so he seems to be getting a free skill-up from somewhere...

Normally the way to fix this is to view the roster in the Cyanide client with BBM open again.

5. Dionysian

Dionysian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    that worked

6. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    That is a mighty fine wardancer

7. Cerumol

Cerumol Member

Cyanide Username:
    Cerumol
    Country Flag:
    Yep all seems sorted now. I'm not really any the wiser what went wrong and what made it work. Doesn't really matter now though eh

8. Cerumol

Cerumol Member

Cyanide Username:
    Cerumol
    Country Flag:
    Mylmear? Well I've never had a legend and she is so close now. Its a bit worrying whenever she gets exposed and hit with her niggle. But she has been pretty well protected the last two seasons. When her time is up Pandora is ready to take the reins as star wardancer though.

I've really discovered the usefulness of Dauntless now on a wardancer. I face alot of ST4 and its won me quite a few games. That will be Pandoras next skill when she hits LV5, assuming death doesn't strike first.

9. Cerumol

Cerumol Member

Cyanide Username:
    Cerumol
    Country Flag:
    My third game is set up for tonight @8pm

[​IMG]

Its with Haree. This team won the title a couple of seasons back. 4 tackle players with a decent amount of MB. However all that claw will most likely be wasted. The tree is obv the only target and I'm already going to recycle him at next level so not too concerned what happens there.

Usual sort of thing - I'll try to avoid them as much as possible while targeting Rack the +ST ballcarrier. if I can remove him and his sure hands it will really change the dynamic of this match. My other target will be Rot Horn the tackle MB beastman.

I'm hoping to receive and stall out the half as much as possible to put the pressure on Haree and avoid the 2-1 grind. He will have 280K in inducements, but not sure what route he will go - wouldnt surprise me to face some bribes on the Chaos team.

10. Cerumol

Cerumol Member

Cyanide Username:
    Cerumol
    Country Flag:
    Well came out of last nights game with a decent 1-1 draw. Could have gone better at places, but the injuries did not hit my team too badly at all. Haree took a wiz and a bribe.

I ended up kicking and from there did not really get a sniff of the ball. It was held by the ST4 sure hands guy and at all times has 3/4 guard pieces directly around him. The bribe was gone by T2, and later on in the half I took a couple of shots at the ball carrier with Al'rond, but it didn't work out. In the end I disengaged, managed to BH a beatsman and saw the TD run in T8. My one turn attempt was ruined by a pitch invasion. This put me in a tight spot as I hadn't really got close to the ball first half so did not want to give Haree too many turns to score a winner.

Second half started and another pitch invasion put me on the backfoot followed by my backfield thrower being zapped by the wiz. No matter, I manged to cover the backfield and after much switching of sides I scored in T14, but needed some decent dice to get the positioning in place. A failed leap by the ball carrier was a tight moment, but my final reroll saved the day there.

From there not much was left on and the game stuttered to the end with a failed dodge from a beastman heading for the endzone to catch a possible long bomb wrapped it all up.

I only suffered the loss of 1 player - my backup thrower took a -AG so he has been replaced. Also, my star wardancer was fouled to death, but the apo saved him.

Orcs next up...

11. Cerumol

Cerumol Member

Cyanide Username:
    Cerumol
    Country Flag:
    This weeks opponents are an orc team. They area bit beaten up and that means I'll be giving away 260 in inducements. I'd expect prob face a wiz and either a couple of babes or a bribe. Other option is always to draft in a merc.

They have some stat breaks and only one skilled black orc. The team is amde up of some real stars and rookies so I feel confident going into this one. My targets will be the thrower and blitzer both with AV7. If I can get some decent shots in on them alot of their threat will be taken away.

So here they are:

[​IMG]

12. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Yes that and isolating Nabrat and you should be fine.

13. Cerumol

Cerumol Member

Cyanide Username:
    Cerumol
    Country Flag:
    Well that was a disaster.

My star wardancer is now dead. The other one has taken a niggle, my rookie catcher also took a niggle.

1st half was fine - I received and scored T8 and only took 1 KO'd elf all half. Well had used my apo on my +ST, guard player. 2nd half was a disaster. Started off ok, but then the orcs passed and scored in T11 turn after I sacked them, but was unable to retrieve the ball. Then it all started to go wrong. The injuries came and my thrower turned the game in the wrong way. First failed a 3+ pass to the endzone for the score (fumble), next tunr failed a dodge to retrieve the ball for a 2+ to a marked catcher in the endzone.

The orcs ran it in T16 and then ,my one turn attempt failed without a block as when I had set up a 2 die block needing just a push for the chance I rolled a 1 on the GFI.

All in all pretty frustrating stuff, amazing how this game turns on its head so easily.

Next week is Lizards:

[​IMG]

14. Cerumol

Cerumol Member

Cyanide Username:
    Cerumol
    Country Flag:
    Its a relief to not be facing a barrage of MB for a change this week, but the lizards are tricky and Tap is an excellent coach. I was looking forward to going into this with two tackle MB wardancers, but instead its none. I will need to protect my remaining tackle piece while trying to skill my rookie wardancer. I'll be aiming for the skinks where possible and hope to get man advantage early on - no bench and no inducements for either team in this one.

The lizards will cage up I'm sure (thats been the approach in previous matches), but with just one guard piece I will have the leap in blitz option as something very viable. game being played Monday night.