Vampire Ukbbl tt #2

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
Now that my Willy vamps have arrived I have a race against time to get them painted by mid November having NEVER PAINTED BEFORE! :cool:

Assuming they're in a reasonable state i'll take them instead since they're much cooler models and more fun to play too :D

Roster wise it seems fairly straightforward to me. As a "disadvantaged side" vamps get an additional doubles skill pick for free:

13. Skills may be selected from ONE of the following packages:

Option 1: 7 normal skills
Option 2: 6 normal skills, ONE player may take 2 skills (ignoring rule 12a)
Option 3: 4 normal skills, 2 doubles skills
Option 4: 3 normal skills, 2 doubles skills, one double may be placed on a big guy (ignoring rule 12b)
Option 5: 3 normal skills, 2 doubles skills, one player may take 2 skills (ignoring rule 12a)
Option 6 : 2 normal skills, 2 doubles skills, max 2 skills per player -no other combo or big guy restrictions (rule 12c still applies to option 6)

14a. The following teams have been identified as 'Disadvantaged' in this tournament format:
Slann, Khemri, Nurgle, Chaos Pact, Vampire,

Disadvantaged Teams:
-may take one additional 'doubles' skill extra in any skill pack above.

So i'm looking at the following roster with option 5:

Wilhelm Chaney - 240k
3 x Vamps - 330k (2 x dodge, 1 x blodge)
9 x thralls - 360k (1 x leader, 1 x kick)
3 x rerolls - 210k
1 x CL (FF not allowed)

Options include taking a sure hands thrall or ditching the blodge vamp and getting block/tackle or block/MB. Chaney is going to do most of the blitzing though so didnt facy the MB option too much. I can see an argument for tackle.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I would drop a reroll and the kick thrall for a block vamp ( Assuming you have 4 vamp figures ).

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Don't forget - when basecoating, spray next to them first and sweep over them, to get an even coat without bubbles and stuff. :p

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
Trying to decide between blue or purple as the contrast colour so picked out the worst looking models to test on. I've done the test thrall:

IMG_20140922_193834.jpg

Will hopefully finish the test vamp sometime this week.

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
Just reading this now, I like the models (though anything hand-painted is probably going to impress me :p ).

As for the roster: I might be missing something, but I don't think that you need to take package 5, I think package 2 suits you better. Your current skill choice nets you 1 double (Leader Thrall) and 1 player with 2 skills (Blodge Vampire). Package 5 allows you to take both, taking into consideration the bonus double for being disadvantaged. That means you have one more normal skill you can take, e.g. that Sure Hands Thrall.