Dark Elf UKBBL - Vicious Vipers

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
This is my UKBBL team which I haven't written fluff for.

I won the Conference, 3rd in tier 4, 1st in tier 3 and 1st in tier 2! Now I am in the premiership I have decoded to attempt to write some kind of blog on it. My first attempt at a story type blog for a long time.

ImageRoster.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Press Avoidance

In a dimly lit but spacious office a Druchii sat staring at the ceiling. In one hand a mostly finished bottle of something best described as brown with almost no bits in it and in the other a small curved dagger. His eyes dropped and settled on the far wall where a sketch of each of the leagues coaches had been hung. With a lazy but fluid movement the dagger left his hand and penetrated the leader of The Hurricane Rats. A smile crept across his wicked face but it was fleeting as next to it coach of some ugly fellows loomed. Suddenly the moment was broken as the gentle knock at the door reverberated around the room.

Annoyed he switched his attention to the door, “Yes" he muttered. There was a brief but respectful pause followed by the door opening as a rather short elf stepping smartly into the room. The elf looked uneasy shifting from foot to foot attempting to look at his master without seeing the glint of malice in his eyes. Finally he managed to blurt out, "You’re not going to like this sir but... well... the press are here". It was true, he hated the press in fact he had a strict protocol his staff knew to follow. He picked up another knife and swung his chair to face the fear struck employee, "Then you know what to do about it, I assume... unless you want me to enlighten you again". The diminutive elf instinctually looked at his scared hand and took a half step back, "I'm sorry sir but the normal protocol has... well… failed". The normal protocol wasn't prone to failure, in fact it had held out very well in the previous 4 leagues. "Failed? How can it possibly fail? You invite them in, sit them down and deal with them. The most difficult part, I am led to believe, is not too make too much of a mess". Sweat poured off the dark skinned elf, "Well sir", he mustered, "I think they have learnt their numerous lessons. I think now we have progressed to the highest form of the leagues they are well... trying harder". Perplexed at stabbing not being the answer to his problems the manager had to enquire to the nature of the so called failure, "so how does one fail to deal with someone" he ventured. "Well we attempted to carry out the protocol but the reporter simply informed us that he was already dead and any further attempts would prove quite fruitless", the stunty one replied. With a flick of his agile hand the knife planted itself into door frame barely missing the trembling slave. He knew what that meant and left his master to consider his fate.

Ah bravo press association, bravo. An undead reporter was a step up for them, what could he manage in response. He didn't want whatever odorous creature to stay around too long though, his teaching methods were not exactly pleasant and his reward system was far worse. The last thing he needed was for other coaches to understand his methods... imagine the carnage. No, he was going to have to talk to this thing, to get rid of it. He stood with reluctance and took a final gulp from the bottle and made his way down the 'greeting room'. The wealth of the league and their quick rise through it had come with benefits, mainly the training grounds and grand buildings now attached to it. In the centre of the room, in an easily washable chair, sat a remarkably smartly dressed zombie holding a small pad of paper and a pencil.

The zombie noticing the elf entrance stood up and walked across the room with his hand outstretched. “Evil Squall I presume?” the rotting face managed. Squall ignoring the hand attempted to get straight to the point, “Who are you and what do you want? I hope you might have noticed you are not exactly welcome”. Seemingly unfazed by the lack of his host’s grace the zombie replied, “I am Moregore reporter and free zombie. I was hoping to quiz you on your most recent victory”. Squall was not impressed by Moregore persistence and attempted to fob him off once more, “Well we won, are very happy, the end. Goodbye and good luck with padding that out”. Moregore wrote exactly what the Druchii had expressed but instead of leaving he stated his intent, “My employers will not allow me to come back with nothing I’m afraid and since my death I have become more than slightly persistent. In fact even my complete dismemberment would only lead to another of my ilk to shadow your doorstep. Squall’s eyes narrowed but he knew had been defeated this time. He slunk over to a massive throne sized chair and indicated he was willing to get this over with.

Moregore showed no emotion what so ever and started with his list of questions, “How do you feel about the first match versus The Hurricane Rats”. Squall’s blood boiled at answering the pointless questions but answered, “Delighted, we even managed to kill a rat while doing it”. As he scribbled that down the zombie continued, “There are rumours to suggest that foul play was involved to knock out Heironemus Greytooth.” Flinching slightly the elf replied with, “The rumours that poison was applied to that hulking monstrosity are just that! I will not be forced to comment more”. Without letting silence sink in the zombie moved on, “What do you think was your key to your success?”. Squall relaxed slightly, “I believe removing the fastest of the rats from the field and keeping the ball for as long as possible. Otherwise every time they got the ball they just put it back into our end zone.” The zombie clearly pushing his luck tried one last question, “There are reports that on the rat’s final drive your team clearly started the game before the whistle”. Squall livid stood up and bellowed, “Unfounded nonsense! Those rats were clearly deaf and didn’t hear the ref start the final drive! Now leave before I take you up on the fore mentioned complete destruction of your corpse.” The zombie moved quicker than one might expect an agent of the dead. Squall sat again, calming down… yes that what is needed, a new anti-press protocol.

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Victorious... that is a word he could get use to hearing. Those slimed up demons with ridiculous tentacles had held onto and bashed his band of Druchii all game. Their ball handling skills in the second half had let the few elves that were free to run about near free access to the ball and the game was quickly beyond them. There had been one seriously mangled back but that was to some unskilled yokel so he hadn't even bothered to learn the name of. Now Squall's mind drifted to getting out of this sticky disgusting wreck of a blood bowl field. It shouldn't be a problem and previous he had easily managed by simply putting one foot in front of the other but with victory comes fame... and with fame come the dreaded press. The coach swung one of his legs out and took one of his many slaves by surprise. He wasn't picky about his slaves; anything that didn't run away, smell too bad and followed orders was his only concern. This slave just so happened to be a well groomed rat who consider slavery as more of a career than anything else. The rat stood back up clutching his stomach and inquired what his master could want, "What do you require sir?”. His master did bother to look at him, "Find me a way out that doesn't involve talking to these news hounds".

Choosing a rat to find a way to slink off into the darkness should of been a master stroke but as he was being led though a section broken wall, which lead to the outside of the stadium, he felt eyes upon him. He could not yet see them and hoped that his imagination was being fed from his rampant paranoia. Now standing outside he made a quick progress toward the clubs lodging following the nimble slave through back alleys and mostly forgotten paths. Finally he could see his dwellings, his peaceful world where no one asked him anything unless he wanted them to. Gleefully he stepped out of the last alley but found himself in mid air instead of on the grimy cobbles. "Wha... wha... what in the hell!" he managed to sputter out as he was swung around to see a head as big as his torso. “Dis you?” A booming voice demanded, which penetrated his every cell in his body. “Huh?”, the confused elf said still moving his legs in the hope the ground would re-appear underfoot. The ogre tilted his head down swinging his captive so he could see the poster in his other hand. “Is… Dis… You…?” the rumbling voice continued now catering for the obviously dumbfounded Squall. The likeness was pretty close but he didn’t want to admit this to the lumbering oaf, “Errmmm no, sorry you seem to have the wrong person. I’ll be on my way thank you all the same”. Seemingly this ogre had been fobbed off one too many times by quick thinking victims and decided against letting the dark skinned one go, “Dis looks like you. I take you to bossman”. The ogre didn’t ask if he wanted to walk or how he wished to be carried, it seemed that flung over his shoulder was his only option. He had failed to notice the ogre’s hat previously. Normally it is hard to miss a giant white blood bowl hat with the word ‘Press’ in black across it. Bastards, the sneaky… sneaky… ah sod it he had been out played yet again.

The ogre trundled along the main street until he came to the press offices. His attempt to knock politely rocked the building and evidence of the ogres previously knocking showed as one of the hinges broke off. A flustered clerk ran from an office to prevent more damage to the building, “Put him down and guard the exit in case he tries to leave. Also try to remember not to knock, bellowing will do”. “Right bossman”, the ogre rumbled setting Squall on his feet. “This way, this way”, the clerk said in a hurried voice as he indicated along the hall. Muttering to himself the now bruised coach followed the scampering clerk. After a few flights of stairs they came to a glass door with the words ‘Moregore – Reporter’ written across it. Squall was ushered through the door to be met with the sight of the zombie standing in front of his desk with his hand out stretched. “Not you again” was all the elf could manage ignoring the hand and sitting down with a thump. Unflustered, as zombies tend to be, he took his own seat behind the desk. “I hope you had a pleasant journey here”, he quipped with his face not portraying even the slightest hint of a smile. “What am I doing here, what right do you have to bring me here!”, the Druchii ranted more than slightly annoyed at his current situation. “Well I think you will remember we have a contract”, the zombie replied, “you did read the contract when you team signed up for the league didn’t you?”. He hadn’t of course, I mean what was delegation useful for if not for dealing with paperwork. Someone’s head would roll for this even if they weren’t to blame. “In your contract it states that you must give a heat of the moment after game interview if we so desire, and we do desire that currently”, Moregore continued. Squall’s eyes studied the window but it was locked tight and the ogre was baring the only other exit he knew of… he was going to have to answer more of those questions, damn it. “Fine ask your damnable questions” he venomously spat out. “How did you feel after today’s victory?”, the zombie started predictably. “Pleased”, Squall answered shortly hoping one word answers would annoy the reporter. “Longer answers please, unless you would like the piece to be padded with a theory behind the missing reporters which were last seen entering your premises”. The words wrapped around room and a silence followed. I hate this creature was all Squall’s mind would let him think, but he would have to respond as the previous press protocol was an untidy affair. “It was an excellent game all around, lots of touchdowns and only one peon’s career was ended”, he mustered. His words exactly as spoken were transferred to the pad. “What would you say to the rumours that much of the Vipers success seems to be based on starting before the kick off?”, Moregore said without lifting his eyes. Squall had hoped no one had noticed his team’s indifferent attitude to a whistles role at a kick off. “I think you will find that elves simply move with such speed and grace that your brain… or whatever it is you have, can’t keep up with the sheer scale of it beauty”. An eyebrow or the area an eyebrow would have been lifted on the grey face, “And what about the allegations that the Vipers have been seen stealing from Delf Fun’s steroid factory?”. He would have sunk further into his chair but it was hard and wouldn’t comply, “Our new abilities are based upon a strict training routine that I refuse to discuss. Not all of us have to sink as low as that”. Again the face of his interviewer attempted a quizzical look, which failed to have any effect because of the lack of the correct muscles or intact hair follicles. “Last question as I’m sure you’re glad to hear. What do you think your chances will be against your opponent next week?”. Squall’s mind raced back to his office where he could see the face of the bearded ones coach. He hated the stunty, fat, bearded ones and the half bull ones were worse. “Let me say however that match ends, it won’t be a pleasant experience for me… and hopefully them”. “Well done, you have managed a full length interview without stabbing anyone. You may go about your day now”, Moregore stood again with his hand outstretched. The door was almost cracked as Squall stormed his way out of the office. Someone was going to pay for this outrage and it was not going to be pretty, well not unless you liked artistic blood splatter.

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Won 4-1 and got a +ag blitzer (was a rookie) and mb on my guard tackle blitzer... next is chorfs :). Going to be a hard old match.

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
0-0 Yuck. Lost a Block SS witch and my runner is niggled.

Oh well still undefeated and 2nd! more story to come.

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Burgone was a quiet elf from a quiet family who had once upon a time had a quiet life. He now stood outside of the office of a cruel master who currently was ranting and raving throwing all kinds of sharpen objects at pictures on his wall. His master hadn't been best pleased with the match, for one he had personally flogged the players with the worse ball handling errors. Then he was told that Vitue had died of her injuries, normally he would just laugh and demand a replacement but she was one of his favourites. He had even given her the mvp to commemorate her demise. The Apothecary or 'worthless Igor' as he labelled him, had his head detached from the rest of his body. But this was a normal reaction which was relatively tame. It was the having to answer questions to the press afterwards that had got him really mad. He had ranted and raved at Moregore answering questions a little more frankly than was wise. The Zombie had just stood there of course and even offered his hand again to his frenzied interviewee. At that point the ranting stopped, something more terrible was happening to his ravaged soul... revenge.

It had been two days and Squall had not left his office. It had been mostly quiet bar from the occasional cackle and the odd mumbled rant... but then came the paper. Burgone had been the one to deliver it. It had nearly cost him a limb or two but luckily he had learnt well how to dodge on the job. Moregore had written his article using word for word quotes from his boss. Normally the press twisted truth or made up the gaps in knowledge with conjecture or just simply lie. Moregore was better than that it seems, he knew things and that was a problem.

The office had gone silent again, too silent. At least with noise you had some kind of notion of what was happening, some kind of idea what you could expect. The silence broken, "Slave, get your worthless self in here", the voice demanded. The wiry elf trembled but knew better than to keep his master waiting and with an air of false confidence he entered the room. He first set his sight on the far wall which contained the pictures of the opposition coaches. The first two had a single dagger implanted in them but the third was destroyed from a hail of projectiles. The words 'filthy bearded scum' was also painted across the image along with a few other choice words. He then turned to face the creator of such a scene and wished he hadn’t. It was obvious that lack of sleep and heavy drinking hadn’t been kind to Squall, he was slumped in his chair holding the last of many bottles of wine. His eyes were bloodshot and they seemed to be vibrating slightly giving an unnerving impression that they were about to explode. "Do you know what I want?", demanded the delirious elf. There was of course no right answer to this so a pause was left for him to continue, "No... well let me tell you. I want my business to stay my business. I want to discipline, bribe, drug and battle my way to the grand prize without some previously dead journalist telling everybody else about it!". Again there was no question so Burgone knew better then to speak, "What I need... what I need... is to fight fire with fire! Words with words... veiled threats with real ones. What I need are spies... yes that is it a private investigator! I will find out all there is to know about that creep Moregore and run him out of town". Burgone just waited patiently in the knowledge that his presence had been mostly forgotten. Finally his overlord remembered why he had demanded company. He wasn't going to do the dirty tasks of finding these information gatherers, that was for his staff, "Hire the best investigators in the city, I want to know everything about this Moregore... before and after his demise". "Yes sir", Burgone said leaving as quickly as he could without showing his panic. He moved towards the stairs with one thought in his mind... if this is how he acts when he draws, what happens when he loses.

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Grimace, smile, wicked grin, dispondance but ultimately the last laugh. Watching the fate of the Vipers coach on the sidelines is almost comedy itself and combined with the dirty tricks from each side it made a enjoyable game for the neutral. The Amazons had gone with the tactic of greasing all its players allowing them to dodge like elves, sadly for them this affected the last throw of the match which squirmed out of the hands of the receiver. The ladies were also seen tampering with the Vipers armour causing much early carnage before it was noticed. The Elves had tricks of their own including stealing the Amazons drinking water causing many of them to faint in the heat and inciting a first turn pitch invasion which allowed them to penetrate the opposing half with ease. Squall was drenched in sweat and had a crushed play book in hand, only a minor whipping for making him worry so much was in order. He turned his head towards the press area but to his surprise no one was there. That annoyed him slightly, although he hated giving them damnable interviews he would rather give them after a match victory.

The Druchii stood up and began to leave the stadium but this time instead of going alone or with an slave he was followed by a stupid but massive troll. He had hired him not long after the abduction incident and he was cheap. In fact he paid the lumbering oaf with food and lodgings... food just happened to be people that got too close to his master or anyone that mildly annoyed him. The main downsides to having a troll bodyguard is the uncontrollable vomit that dissolves almost anything, the dumb questions and the repetition of every order at least three times. His current order was to follow Squall around whenever he was outside and to make sure his path stayed clear of all annoyances. They trundled to his holdings where a messenger was patiently waiting for his return. Ah he thought a summons I bet, they will never leave me in peace. The messenger clearly put off by the Trolls presence retreated a step but held out a letter at full stretch, "For you sir, it is from an unknown sender". Squall swiped the letter out of the trembling hand and dismissed the poor boy, although the troll was disappointed he didn't get to eat his second messenger of the day. The letter was torn open in typical fashion but a terrible grin broke out after it had been read. It was a short message, very short... it simply said, 'Info found. Meet me. X'.

Now hurrying through the streets, with a near jogging troll at his back, he spotted the 'Backwater Arms'. You knew what to expect from a place with that inviting title, outside sure enough there was a few drunkards with various broken bones and the odd beggar looking for the next mark. Entering these kinds of places wasn't abnormal for Squall, I mean how else to you organise a proper pitch invasion or get a star player hit with a rock. As he entered his guardian stopped knowing better than attempting to pass through a door way half his height. At any rate there was a few unconscious low life lying around that no one would miss and it was long past his supper time. The murky room was alive with the odd fight, extortion, drinking contest and other general loud activities which perfectly masked the elf's presence. It also masked the presence of everyone else sitting in the shadows around the pub. He headed to where his particular man always sat, a man of habit and strong enough to always get the same seat were both excellent qualities in a spy. He approached and with saying a word sat next to the shadowy figure laying a small bag of coin on the table. As soon or possibly before the bag hit the table it was gone, stolen away into the informants attire. A dry yet somehow slimy voice started, "This Moregore, are you sure you do not remember him". This was an odd start to the conversation, "I tend not to ask for information I know, let alone pay good money for it". The void of shadow seemed to shrug without moving, "Well I'm sure that he remembers you. I mean when you kill a man and his wife after burning down his village he tends to remember". Ah... this was that main problem with an ex-career in raiding your never quite sure when it was going to catch up with you. Normally though your safe when you kill everyone involved or at least take them as slaves. "So he does have it in for me then, but how he is a freaking zombie... better known as the brain dead", Squall remarked. The shadow shifted again without moving, "It seems that barely a few days after you made an example of this fellow, a ghoul on the hunt for fresh bodies fell upon his village. Any of the dead were carted back to his master Lord Madgash". Lord Madgash was well known as a crazy necromancer with a tenancy of experimenting with his craft. His death didn't come as much of a shock, constant body modification had spawned him a second head which didn't like him much. The spy continued, "Madgash shortly before his demise was attempting to give zombies greater independence reverting them closer to their previous selves. It seems he was successful in Moregore's case.". This was not the worse of outcomes, at least he wasn't under the control of someone more powerful. "So what does this Moregore do? How does he know so much?, Squall questioned. The void seemed to impress upon his guest that it is was weary, "He does not have the need for sleep. He does not get noticed unless you look for him. He views the world of humans from the outside with silent amusement. It seems to have picked you out as a case study of sorts, a sort of slow revenge". Great... an ever watching, near invisible zombie with a fetish for him and worse for all he works for the press. "That is all I have for now", the shadow said and before Squall could answer he was gone. Mumbling to himself he left the tavern dragging his now fed Troll through the streets. This was going to take much thought... much thought indeed.

Last edited: