1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultracorps

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Phunbaba, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    This is a fun game I've recently gotten back into. It's free, it's fun, and while I think it's ready to go "live" it's technically in an open beta. Sadly it's population has slowly shrunk so I'm hoping a few people here might like a massively multiplayer turn based game of galactic conquest. It even has winners because games end! It also involves lots of dice rolls. Anyway enough introduction.

The following is a quick intro.
    http://ultracorps.sjgames.com/zgame/help/help.html?topic=65

It's help index is quite good IMO, but if you'd rather ask questions then RTFM I'm willing to answer most any question one may have.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  2. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    Looks like fun!

...and like a time eater that I would invest way too many hours in...

3. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    Only if you do exceedingly well will it be much of a time sink. Early game takes maybe a couple of minutes, later on it may take up to about an hour of time if like I said you're doing very well. More likely you'll probably not have to spend more than a half-hour per turn. Mind you I can spend a lot of time tinkering with strategies and build orders that I could spend on something else.

4. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    That's what I think, too: I'd spend a lot of time tinkering. Plus it's a commitments (at least in the pub games) to play (almost) every day, which doesn't sound too bad unless you have quite a few full days already...

Well, I gave the solo a shot and liked it, gonna see if I invest more time.

5. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    If you make the game you could set a schedule that ticks more slowly if there isn't one that suits you already. Like once every three days or when everyone is done. Whichever comes first. Heck I could set it up if you don't feel like it. Pub games are limited to 6 people but it is still entertaining. Megas are open to whoever wants to join. Those used to number in the hundreds.