1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undead or Necro

Discussion in 'Blood Bowl 2' started by ManBearPig, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    I don't really see how Undead are more resilient. (Although the general point of dependency on positionals is correct, of course.)
    Could you (or someone else) please elaborate why Undead are more resilient than Necro?

I just don't see it. They have more AV7, less regen (if you take more than 2 Ghouls, otherwise equal). Mummies should be about the same difficulty to take down as FGs, maybe a bit easier on high TV, and surely easier to surf if they don't have SF. Necro whights can get SF earlier than Undead Whights because they don't have to take killer skills like PO. Maybe it is that Undead play in lower TV environments so there is less Claw on opponents? That could explain statistics, but not survivability in a given environment.

sbr32 likes this.
  2. Zyrael

Zyrael Active Member

Steam Username:
    Zyrael
    Cyanide Username:
    Zyrael
    Country Flag:
    Another note is that at 1000 TV, Undead essentially make no sacrifices. 3 RR, 2 mummies, 2 wights, 3 ghouls, 4 skels/zomb is 1000 even.

Necro is a much harder start monetarily. And till take a good long while to fill in the positionals.

3. DireSickFish

DireSickFish Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    SickFish
    Cyanide Username:
    DireSickFish
    Country Flag:
    The point is that Undead players start off good enough at there job to do it, where Necromantic need skills to be useful so if you lose a player you are set back more.

Block is a necessity on Flesh Golems and Wearwolves. Where Mummies are good at pitch removal and tying up players from lvl1. Especially if you get 3d blocks. Weights build into support pieces on Necromantic meaning they skill slower than the kill pieces they develop into on Undead teams. Wearwolves do have Regen and AV8 which makes them far more durable than Ghouls. And Ghouls skill up fast on both teams because they are the scorers.

Tjorne and TravelScrabble like this.
  4. notorious noob

notorious noob Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    The wolves score on necro if at all possible as they scale a lot better with the level ups.

DireSickFish likes this.
  5. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Pre agi access brets were mid table in Altdwarf season 2 and have just topped a tier 2 division to come straight back for season 4. I don't think I would select between undead and necro based on viability of the rosters in the top tier.

6. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    I have the perception that opponents play around momies while they block with assist the golems (or manmarks them)...

Btw, just killed my first wolf, on an opponent's both down. I saw a wolf die and didn't know who was the owner before the regen fail. Not a funny feeling...

DireSickFish likes this.
  7. DireSickFish

DireSickFish Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    SickFish
    Cyanide Username:
    DireSickFish
    Country Flag:
    Going to love the mirror matches for Necro today. Makes me want to roll up something new and play all the new Necro teams out there.

8. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    If you want to Altdwarf undead are about as good as necro. If you want to win it all, necro with at least one clawpombing wolf is the way to go. (At least judging by OCC)

9. TONGO

TONGO New Member

Steam Username:
    imtongo
    Country Flag:
    2 Big Guys with no Loner, no wild animal or really stupid, and a str of 5. Wights to carry the ball, zombies for the rest, done.

I love the Necros and prefer them to the Undead, but thats just style. Otherwise they simply have more power and skills than the skill-depleted Necros.

10. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I
    In TT yes, in perpetual leagues, no way. Starting skills just aren't that critical when you have infinite seasons to skill a good team and with just one or two doubles/stats werewolves are among the best players in the game giving Necro speed and blitzing options that Undead just can't match. Definitely better in perpetual leagues.

11. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Necro drawback is that it takes longer to skill up lost players again, but yeah, claw and some extra speed and regen makes them long term superior to undead, as long as they suit your playstyle.

12. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    A +AG werewolf is pretty much my favorite BB player.

13. Brody

Brody Active Member

Country Flag:
    I read most of this forum and it has a lot of good info comparing and contrasting the two races. As others have said, what do you prefer? Are you a basher at heart or do you like options? Me personally I like options, so necro appeals to me more. You can make WW ball carriers, or.. you can go ghouls too. You can be bashy with necro, but undead is better bash. Both teams are great and can win. I think mummies with small MA are a hindrance and I much prefer FG and WW of necro but that's just me. I know some make great use of mummies despite their slow speed. With FG I see people going mb first and I believe it gets them to level 3 faster. I like this tactic.

14. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Just a small note, i think that FG should go for block/Guard/MB.
    Necromantic as hybrid team, in my opinion need some guard players, and a ST4 SF player help a lot with guard.

15. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I agree with you apart from the MB.
    I got a double and went Block , Dodge , Guard , Break Tackle and then MB at level 6.
    If you get a blodge FG you want him stood next to as many players as possible holding them in place while the rest of your team hunts the ball or scores.
    I remember one game where he was next to 5 orcs with only a couple of Zombies for company.
    The rest of my team swamped the thrower and I got the defensive TD.