1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Underworld Evolutionary Industries: Crunch Cup IX - Introduction & Applications

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Gallows Bait, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]
    Image courtesy of XanderV (OCC)

Yes, friends, comrades, fellow forumites. It is time once more to announce and open the doors for our next league cup:

Crunch Cup IX

With the recent departure of our commissioner Netsmurf, the reins of power have fallen to myself to bring the next Cup to the community, and I do hope that this one will be just as enjoyable, challenging and interesting as those previously.

For Crunch Cup IX there are currently very few changes to the existing format. The major change, aside from the branding and advertising (those sneaky Underworld Skaven get everywhere) and the change in commissioner, are largely a formalisation of the rules. Whilst the Cup and the community remain hugely good natured and friendly, it is felt that providing a clear grounding for the Cup will help avoid any issues arising and give all coaches clarity of the requirements and views of the organisers.

On to the format of the Cup itself.

The Cup remains a group stage of 4 seeded divisions with 4 teams from each division going forward into a play off structured Cup.

At present the Cup has been opened to 32 entries, however should there prove to be fewer than 32 entrants, the Cup will be reduced to 24 entries and teams will be admitted on a "first come, first served" basis, with remaining teams assigned to a reserve list in case of drop outs. Applying teams must be in compliance with the rules. Rules for teams applying to the Cup are included within the Cup rules, so please do read them before making your application as invalid applications will not be accepted.

All applications must be made by replying to this thread.

This allows all coaches equal opportunity to apply, including those currently in play offs from Crunch Cup 8 and Crunched Cup (Semi finals and Finals still in progress).

Please provide your forum name, in-game coach name (if different), team name, team race and team value.

For example:

Gallows Bait, Da Flash Gitz, Orc, 970.

Please note, it is understood that coaches still completing the prior Cups may find their team value subject to change, or even wish to enter a different team based on the outcome of the remaining matches, in the interest of fairness such changes are allowable for these coaches only.

For all other coaches such changes will be considered to be a fresh application for the purposes of determining your place on the list, should the Cup be unable to accept all teams. This does mean that teams are unable to play further games in Crunch Them All once this application is made (as team value will change) if you wish to keep your place in line, so please do consider this when making your application.

Once the Cup has been filled all accepted participants will be sent a Private Message inviting them to apply in-game, with the league password and notification of the deadline for application. Coaches that fail to apply in game, or whose teams are not valid at the point of entry will be refused and their place offered to the first available reserve from the waiting list.

If anyone has any queries, please do post them here and I will endeavour to respond as quickly and as clearly as possible.

Gallows Bait - League Commissioner.

Team applications:

1. Gallows Bait - UEI-Experiment CIX Alpha - Skaven - 1000 TV.
    2. kvasilad - Devious Darkblades - Dark Elf - 1220 TV*.
    3. SorroW - Sigurd and the Hammerers - Dwarf - 1310 TV.
    4. Citizen Nev (keechmj) - The Soylent Greenskins - Ogre - 560 TV.
    5. coachman (bjj hero) - Pimpin aint easy - Chaos - 1290 TV.
    6. jrpeart - Undead Weight - Undead - 1140 TV^.
    7. Nikolai II (Dreamy) - Blonde Bombers - Wood Elf - 1390 TV.
    8. Tergara - Standard Deviations - Human - 1540 TV*.
    9. Alouatta - Norsca Viking Liners - Norse - 1500 TV*.
    10. Pottsy - Men in Drag - Amazon - 1320 TV.
    11. Ging - Sesame Creeps - Necromantic - 1200 TV.
    12. Lebe666 - Crunch Cup Elite - Necromantic - 1770 TV^.
    13. G20 (Workers Central Committee) - Goat Ravishers - Human - 1520 TV.
    14. Johnny United - Baltimmore Colts - Chaos - 1000 TV.
    15. Flanks - DRAWF! - Dwarf - 1680 TV.
    16. Moguai - Ankh-Morpork All Stars - Human - 990 TV.
    17. John McGuirk - Hoof-ball Merchants - Chaos - 1450 TV.
    18. Etheric - Elf Street Band - Elf - 1100 TV*.
    19. Altashheth - F1 Elite - High Elf - 1000 TV.
    20. bobman - Old Town Bandits - Human - 990 TV.
    21. Barmution - Altdwarf Plumbers Union - Skaven - 1470 TV.
    22. dodger (drdodger) - The Darksliders - Dark Elf - 1000 TV.
    23. Narly Bird (Jimmy C) - Mobile Blood Donations - Vampire - 1150 TV.
    24. Rburton - Red Dwarfers - Dwarf - 1000 TV.
    25. Mercy Flush - Real Madread - Human - 890 TV.
    26. Barninho - The Phobias - High Elf - 1100 TV.
    27. Mico Selva - Terrible Thirteeen - Orc - 960 TV.
    28. Snotty - Riverdance on your Face - Lizardman - 1000 TV.
    29. Hobnail - The March Boyars - Norse - 1100 TV.
    30. FTJUK - The Green Nationals - Orc - ???? TV.
    31. Fitz (Fitzeh) - Bad Karma Chameleons - Lizardman - 980 TV.
    32. willpower68 - Yellow Army - Amazon - 1000 TV. (Pending forum registration)

Coaches awaiting final entry details:

(33.) Juriel - ?
    (34.) XanderV - ?

Coaches willing to make up numbers in an emergency.

Vusfnuv

*Crunched Cup
    ^Crunch Cup

If your name isn't on the list yet, you either haven't applied (and why not?) or you haven't given me enough information to firm up your place in the queue.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  2. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    I know You probably explained this in detail somewhere but I am too lazy to look - can I take a place in the cup but decide on my team later, without a threat of losing this place to someone applying later (but a with a specified team).

The reason for this is I would like to take part in the Crunch Cup but pick a team that nobody else is using (if possible), for added diversity.

If You can accept this, my application is below. If not, I'll try to apply later, hoping that this time I actually make it in time (which was not the case with CC VIII :p).

application:

Mico Selva, ?, a different one, ?

3. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    As noted in the outline, this would not reserve your place in line, unfortunately - I would love to be more flexible, but I think I am going to have a hard enough time seeding the divisions and keeping track of applications as it is.

If the league isn't tight on numbers it may not matter, but for now I will have to say no.

4. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    No problem, the worst case is I just won't participate again. Not the end of the world in any case ;) .

5. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    But we would miss you. :(

To be honest, I prefer to pick teams either to learn more or because I find them fun, rather than concern myself with what others pick. But I can understand the desire not to be flavour of the month. :)

6. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Oh, I'm far too undecisive for something like this. :p
    Anyway, not to clutter up the thread, I'll just try to be vigilant and apply when there are still free slots available. Thanks for the explanation, GB. :)

7. kvasilad

kvasilad Member

Country Flag:
    kvasilad, Devious Darkblades, Dark Elves, 1070(*)

I think my elves are ready for another season of beatings, and hopefully, some of them will have learned where the opponents keep their end zones by then :)

(*) still in Crunched Cup, TV may change suddenly and horribly.

8. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Barmution, AltDwarf Plumber's Union, Skaven, ~1500 TV as I've got two potential CTA matches before CCIX, anything could (and probably will) happen.

9. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
  10. kvasilad

kvasilad Member

Country Flag:
    Sorry to clutter up the thread, but should the TV be given with any required journeymen? In that case, I guess my TV should be 1210 with two delfie linos.

11. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    Citizen Nev - The Soylent Greenskins - Ogre - TV 560

It's an all snotling team

What?

12. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    No worries either way - I will check TVs in game, but I want to get a rough feel for divisions first.

13. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Barmution, please note that I won't be able to reserve your place until your TV settles, so get those CTA games in quick if you're playing them.

Whilst I realise this does limit the time available for CTA matches between seasons, I've set it up this way primarily to avoid the risk of people rushing off for CTA games at the last minute and disrupting the seeding or dropping/changing teams after application. I don't think it's a significant risk, but at least this way it's a level playing field.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  14. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    A Pimp Named Slickback has noticed a gap in the market around here for both tha quality and tha mid range hoes. Never one to miss a business opportunity A pimp Named Slickback and his fellow pimps from Pimpin aint easy will be re-entering said competition.

Now where are my new gators?

15. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Duly noted.

16. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    I'll definitely be entering, I'm just not sure yet whether it will be with the Undead Weights, Nuffles Evil Minions or a brand new rookie team (possibly Skaven or Dwarf).

If Undead Weights wins the Cup they will be coming back to defend their title so I'll reserve my place with them.

jrpeart - Undead Weight - Undead - 1200(ish)

17. Vusfnuv

Vusfnuv Member

Country Flag:
    Most likely I'll skip this season, but if you are in need of just one coach not to drop from 32 to 24, pm me, I'll join with my chaos. It'll be a shame to force places 25-31 not take part when there is a chance. (Don't remebmber exact tv, but it's about 1800).

18. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I'm in... especially since I'll be a moderator as well...

Just not sure what team. Probably the CC Elite... :D

19. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Nikolai II, Dreamy, Blonde Bombers, Wood Elf, 1390 (including a loner, 1430 if everyone is healthy) - I can afford a tree and a catcher, which would put them at 1530 for the first game (and after that nobody knows anyway, since elves die like things that die very easily):p

20. Altashheth

Altashheth Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Altashheth, Harliquins, Pro-Elf, 1220

But, I've only got 8 players, with the 4 loners I'm at 60k each

I think that lifts me to 1460TV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.