1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Underworld Evolutionary Industries: Graduate Recruitment Fair

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Gallows Bait, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]
    Image courtesy of XanderV (OCC)

Yes, friends, comrades, fellow forumites, its time for something a little different. This is something I'm hoping to run between the end of Crunch Cup IX and the beginning of Crunch Cup X, assuming there is interest for it.

I thought the background of the UEI that has provided both me and it seems the Courier's writers with some fun and inspiration, including I hope a characterful background for the next version of the Cyanide game - Chaos Edition - to enter.

Yet what would the Skaven leaders of the UEI and the Underworld faction itself be without their Goblins, those plucky, fragile, yet innately vicious and evil Goblins?

So of course, what else can UEI do but recruit, and how better to pick the best of the recruits than with - a Blood Bowl tournament. And so, assuming there is sufficient interest, I present to you:

UEI: Graduate Recruitment Fair

The teams are as simple as can be.

1. All teams are rookie teams, no previous games played.
    2. All teams are Goblins.
    3. All teams may only take the following players: 0-2 Trolls, 0-1 Pogoer, 0-16 Goblins.

No secret weapons may be taken on the roster, no star players or secret weapons may be induced.

These are the plucky Gobbos and Trolls looking to join the UEI, not the hardened crazy professionals, if that term may be loosely applied, of the normal Blood Bowl leagues.

So if you're interested in some fun, some giggles, some fouls and some Goblin tossing.. or even Goblin scoffing, sign on up now so that I can find out just how many are interested.

BREAKING NEWS:

The league has been created in game, search for UEI: Graduate Recruitment Fair

All teams must comply with the above rules or will not be accepted. Password for entry is underworld

The first 16 applications will be accepted for this cup. The cup will be divided into 4 divisions with each team playing 3 games in the group stages, before the top 2 teams go through to the play off stages.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  2. Rburton

Rburton Member

Country Flag:
    Always up for anything! Count me in.

3. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    Count me in, it sounds fun.

4. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah go on then :D

5. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Aaww.. can't we have a Chainsaw at least?

(Underworld are allowed Chainsaw, Bomber and Ball&Chain as induced starplayers anyway)

But I could do an old-style gobbo team if needed. :cool:

6. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    That sounds like a really fun idea. I might be up for it, but it depends on when the competition is likely to start and its duration. Any indications there would be great. Also, is it going to be a knock out style league or something similar to the CC?

Regarding the restriction on inducements, does this still mean you can get other types of inducements (eg. bribes, skilled Gob mercs, wizards, etc.)?

7. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    You trying a BB League or a Baseball League with this throwing around stuff ?!

8. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    When exactly will this splendid competition take place?

9. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Right now the plan is that it would take place after CC9 but before CC10, I felt it would be nice to have a little down-time but still have some fun, and this will give me a little bit of time to prepare for CC10 as well, since I need to work out a few things for the UEI.

I had hoped it might take us up to Chaos Edition, but with that now looking like October this is probably unlikely.

As to the exact structure, I was partly waiting to see how much interest there is.

I would personally enjoy more of a straight table league (round robin?) like OCC - but depending on the number of coaches this could lead to too much of a gap before CC10 and I don't want to lose momentum totally.

But I would prefer more than a straight play off, since it is happening after rather than concurrently with the main Cup, so time is not at the same premium as it would be for something like the Crunched Cup.

Any thoughts would therefore be welcome.

Right now I'm thinking maybe 2 divisions of 4 or 6 with Top 2 from each playing off.

10. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    I'm definitely interested, but won't make a definite answer until closer to the time.

Also, I think be wary of making a competition with too many games as even though Goblins are clearly hilarious, with no secret weapons it could get a little too repetitive if it goes on for too long. I think the format you mentioned at the end is good, a single division with the same total number of teams would be less good.

11. Flanks

Flanks Member

Country Flag:
    I am probably up for it if it starts in the next 3 weeks or so.

12. Rburton

Rburton Member

Country Flag:
    Not only am I up for it, I now have a team all ready to go! Will you all welcome 'The Funny Green Fukkers!'

13. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Groups of four, max, imo. That means three games, four for the two division winners if two groups. If more than eight coaches, go straight to knockout playoffs :p

Although some schedule creating up to six games might be acceptable - but I'd still argue that one secret weapon should be allowed per team in that case. Pretend it is an induced star - and it also allows teams to differ somewhat by choice of weapon (unless everyone picks chainsaw ;))

14. dodger

dodger Member

Cyanide Username:
    drdodger
    Country Flag:
    sounds like fun, i'd give it a go.

15. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Goberlins you say... sounds like just the excuse for me to try out these morally-challenged midgets. Count me in.

16. Flanks

Flanks Member

Country Flag:
    I definitely like the idea of no secret weapons.

17. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I would like to claim a spot, I got some tree apple high gobbos ready;)

18. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Excellent, and welcome back to the forums Netsmurf. :D

19. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    The amusing thing is that I realized I had a goblin team following the rules to a letter, only I had created it a couple of months ago.

Doubly amusing since it is called Smurfville FC :p

20. Altashheth

Altashheth Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    im in.

Where do i sign

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.