1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modelling Uscarl and Willy Miniatures..

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by SorroW, Mar 15, 2012.

1. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    Hey hey!

So I have been away from painting and miniatures for a long time. And thought I should get started with a couple of new teams just to get the into the spirit of things.

So I was thinking of Uscarls "Scots" team. Does anyone know how the quality of the models are? They look really great, and the Werebears are awesome. And a far cry better then many I have seen.

And then I was wondering the same about their mutant dwarfs... Really need to get a chaos dwarf team.. and these look kindof good... Not sure though... so does anyone have them? or seen them IRL.. Anyone who have any other nice Chaos dwarfs teams?

And last. I was looking at WillyMiniatures... and they have a set of Necromantic's that I was thinking about... but they do cost quite a bit more... Are they worth the extra money?

Thanks for the insights...

/SorroW, who really should start finishing all the other teams laying about.... but dreaming about new teams are sooo much fun.

EDIT: LINKS are nice I have heard...

http://uscarlminis.free.fr/Uscarl_UM_01uk.htm <--- Uscarl
    http://willy-miniatures.blogspot.com/ <-------- Willy

2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Must admit I'd not really heard of the Uscarl minis before, looking at them I must say I prefer the Norse team from Gaspez. Their Trolls are kind of fun.

If you like the style then by all means go for them, you are the one using them at the end of the day. It is a bit hard to make out the detail on them from the pictures, though the anatomy of some of them looks a bit off to me. Not sure how well detailed the sculpts or the casting is, though I've not seen them in the flesh like I have most others.

As for Chaos Dwarfs, while Gaspez do a nice one, the best option in my opinion would be the Greebo Volmarian team. Shame they haven't got a matching Minotaur yet though.

Volmarian - Chaos Dwarfs

Here is another shot with just the Dwarfs and the Centaurs along with the GW Hobgoblins:

[​IMG]

The Willy Miniatures Necromantic team though are nice and I doubt you would be disappointed with getting those. I've a few of their figs, mostly star players.

3. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    That Chaos Dwarf team looks awesome... Got any idea what the Big Guy is? or where it comes from?! Don't recognise it..

/SorroW

4. Darkson

Darkson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Darkson
    Country Flag:
    It's from the Skorne range for Hordes (Warmachine) from Privateer Press. Name escapes me atm...

5. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    Titan Bronzeback Warbeast

Thanks! :)

6. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    A bit on the large side for my tastes on a Blood Bowl pitch. Though the team does look very nice overall I agree.

7. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah... But I am working on a larger then standard pitch... so should work out alright... :)

/SorroW, who have too many projekts and not enough time... and not enough friends to actually play with... :-/

8. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Move away from your puny village to a real town, and you'll get Blood Bowl aplenty. (Or at least biweekly) :p

9. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    If only I could afford the travel... :-/

10. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    That'd be a solution, but I'd say it is too long way anyway - spending more time traveling to the game than playing is where I figure the breaking point is.

Luckily there are online solutions, but they ain't no good excuse for getting models :rolleyes: