1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to play some play by email BB?

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by plasmoid, Feb 4, 2017.

1. plasmoid

plasmoid Member

Country Flag:
    Hi all,
    The NTBBL is entering it's 9th season.
    It is a play by email League open to everyone, and we're using BB2016 rules with NTBB rosters.
    Anyone signing up will be committing to a 5-game/5-month season.
    If you're interested, just send me an email on plasmoid at Hotmail dot com.
    If you're quick, you can squeeze in a team-building-friendly-game before the season begins on march 1st.
    Cheers
    Martin
    PS - if you haven't played play by email before, it's slow and ugly - but it's Blood Bowl :D

2. Khornight

Khornight Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Khornight (also my steam name and most other things)
    Country Flag:
    How does it work, is it basically an email for each dice roll? How do you track positions?

:googles:

ah, found this... is this what it's like:
    http://www.midgardbb.com/PBeMTool/pbem.htm

So you couldn't play by mail on a phone could I? You'd need a pc to run the program... the break in turn is intersting... it means you can see how the turn pans out before choosing to use a skill like break tackle or do people normal save and ask about interuptions?

3. plasmoid

plasmoid Member

Country Flag:
    Hi Khornight,
    are you the one who sent me an email today?

Anyway - to answer your questions:
    *The program runs on PC (Delphi), so you'd need either PC simulation or PC remote control to play on something else.
    *Usually there aren't many breaks mid-turn. And if there are, your opponent can usually figure it out rather than send an email. But when in doubt (in an important situation) send an extra email. That is actually quite rare. Usually Things run quite smoothly.
    Cheers
    Martin

4. Khornight

Khornight Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Khornight (also my steam name and most other things)
    Country Flag:
    If it came from an email address that starts with Khornight, that was me, otherwise no :)

Thanks for the answer, I like the idea, but I'm playing enough leagues at this moment, but I am hoping to stop playing in a couple and play by mail sounds like I would like to join once I'm not playing too much bloodbowl already, if you get what I'm saying! :)