1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warcraft 3

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ravers, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Anyone who used to play this (or still does!) I stumbled across Grubby on Twitch the other day.

I remembered the name from when I used to play a lot of WC3 10 years ago so thought I would watch a bit, he was famous then before Twitch and You Tube etc. OMG, I was never much good at the game but I did enjoy it, but his micro has to be seen to be believed, really good streamer too.

If you ever got into Warcraft I highly recommend checking him out. Seems to play mainly Heroes of the Storm now but WC3 on Sundays, and a load of videos I am working through..

https://go.twitch.tv/followgrubby

2. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    I used to play a lot of WC3 when it came out and still do from time to time. I'll prefer BloodBowl now as its level of mouse twitch reflexes is significantly lower. ;)
    Nonetheless I'll check the videos. Thanks!

3. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    It's now 1:48 am and I have to work tomorrow... Aargh. Tomorrow I have to download Frozen Throne, I still have my old WC3 disk but no idea if still works...Grubby mains Orcs, which is what i always used to play. Fun watch.

4. DireSickFish

DireSickFish Active Member

Steam Username:
    SickFish
    Cyanide Username:
    DireSickFish
    Country Flag:
    I'd play 4v4, and win a lot by rushing. But I couldn't micro for shit so if we didn't win in the rush I just had to get carried by my team.

5. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I played warcraft 3 at the time i still didn't had internet connection to play online!
    So i have a cool history with warcraft 3 that i always remember and laugh about that. I have a big friend of mine, that had 2 PC's to play in LAN. So we started to play against each other. I won the 3 first games (different days), one of this games, he had a lot of towers in the only land entrance. If i attack the entrace i would lose (defensive towers + army) so i bought a lot of zepplins and did a stealthy attack to attack behind the towers!! Was insane!
    After that, i think i lost the other 60 matchs, so 3-60! But at least i have the most memorable game! Good memories!

6. Jeliel

Jeliel Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Jeliel
    Country Flag:
    I used to play Age of Empires back in my RTS days and was european runner up with my clan!

Actually reflexes don’t really go down that much with age, but to be on top of your game you need to play hours and hours every day (muscle memory, openings, builds, micro, etc.).
    So it’s mostly time that hinders remaining competitive later on! :)

In general WC3 wasn’t particularly successful on the e-sport side, nowhere near SC/SC2, but it was very fun and a brilliant move to transition Blizzard playerbase into mmorpg with WoW.

7. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Impressive stuff!

8. Jeliel

Jeliel Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Jeliel
    Country Flag:
    Thanks, but it actually sounds bigger than it is, not much compared to SC. ;)

9. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Never got into WC3 but did enjoy watching Grubby play SC2 he was pretty good at that too.

10. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Ive barely played WC3, remember trying it out few times for an hour or two but that was it.

11. Karak Norn Clansman

Karak Norn Clansman New Member

Steam Username:
    master_admiral1989
    Country Flag:
    WC3 is fun as any Blizzard game, but Starcraft takes the prize. Good games, all of them.

12. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    I never played SC, tried SC2 and wasn't for me.

13. natejasper

natejasper New Member

Country Flag:
    I used to play many years ago

mamutas likes this.