1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was just told....

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Citizen Nev, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    That Humans aren't a Tier 1 team by some chump on the in game chat.

I know it's fairly subjective but this guy was adamant and told me to 'stop making stuff up' :confused:

He then said they were a poor man's dark elves :confused:

/ignore I think

2. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Well, they're within the Tier 1 bracket, bottom of the pack perhaps, but not outside of it.

Agree, ignore such things :)

3. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I think they are not Tier 1... :D

4. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    When you coach them they're tier 1, when I coach them tier 2.

5. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I recall reading somewhere that officially, Gobs, Halflings and Ogre and tier 3, Vamps are tier 2 and everyone else is tier 1 (ignoring the new teams).

6. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Tier 1.5 really... blitzers need av9! They cost 10k more than an orc blitzer for +mv -av.. and after playing elf its hard to value the catchers.. saying that I still like em!

7. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    I'd change the catcher's ST to 3 and leave the team at that, maybe drop the Blitzer 10k, but would cope without that change.

8. Juriel

Juriel Active Member

Country Flag:
    Humans are Tier 1 in the same way Khemri are tier 1.

9. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I feel Human Blitzer's price is appropriate and wouldn't drop it.

If you boosted the Catcher's strength to 3, then they should be increased in price to 90k. Alternatively, keep them the same price, but take away dodge skill.

10. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    I support this point of view with all my heart. Give them ST3, increase cost by 10K and lose Dodge. However, I think Humans should only be able to hire two Catchers like this, instead of four.

As for the tiers, they are rather fluid in my opinion. Some teams are just better than other teams, but weaker against other-other teams. Humans included.

11. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    The whole "tiers" thing was a bad shoehorned fudge and rather meaningless at best anyway. I wouldn't worry about it.

12. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    I'm with Coach on this - tiers are fairly meaningless when it comes to Blood Bowl. Tiers are also subjective and contextual, and it's hard to find something concrete to base them on, especially in a game with such a high variance as Blood Bowl.

That said, I don't think that Humans are on of the best teams in the game, I'd say all Elves aside from maybe Pro, Orcs, Necro, Skaven and Lizardmen all have higher levels of potential, although most in later stages of development. That said, Humans are a brilliant team in itself - well-rounded, few obvious weaknesses, able to adapt either a running or a passing game (or even a bashing one, depending on the build), cheap players and most obviously, starting with many essential skills and having normal access to all skill groups bar Mutations on normal rolls!

If you like to play Humans, then do just that, and nevermind what some ponce says about their place in the forever-needless tiering system.

13. Darkson

Darkson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Darkson
    Country Flag:
    Tiers were basically w/l% brackets (ties count as 1/2 win) that the BBRC used when making sure that teams were relatively balanced. Iirc the bracket for tier 1 was 45-55%, so that's a wide range. Humans were in tier 1, almost at the bottom, but within the range required.
    Team Power in LRB6

14. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Hmm, if 45% is the expectation, and almost every race I play is below this, it must officially confirm that I am a crap coach. Yay. :p

15. Darkson

Darkson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Darkson
    Country Flag:
    I wouldn't worry, I know tournaments are slightly different, but I've got a better record with halflings than Chaos, and the same record with Goblins as I do with DE.:rolleyes:

16. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, I'm beginning to think MM is my nemesis. My record in Crunch Cup has been improving and I come out reasonably close to the middle of the pack most of the time, whilst my results over in OCC are still over 50% wins with Humans.

My record with Goblins isn't too far off either, oddly enough. :D

17. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    You have 50% win with Goblins !?! That is impressive !

18. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Erm, not quite, didn't mean to quite indicate that, just that they're close to every other team for me. :)

19. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Its no small feat... gobbos are a disaster to win with...

20. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    Just be sure to rub it in their face when you beat their "higher tier team".:D

Like Coach and Purgatory said, it all really depends on the coach, not the race. I beat Sasjhwa 3-1 with my halflings against his Orcs, a race I am quite known for having trouble against. Now with my old, "better", Pro Elves... let's just say things didn't go so well:skull::skull::skull: ;)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012