Tactics Waterbowl weekend 14

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
I shall attend that splendid tourney in Manchester again. Any other BBT folks coming?

Can choose from 26 NAF approved races. 1.1 mill resurrection with 4 skill packs:

1) 5 normal & 1 double
2) 4 normal & 1 double & either +1 AV or MA
3) 3 normal & 1 double & 1 AG
4) 3 normal & 1 ST

Star players are allowed but you must have 11 players on your roster before hiring.

No wizard, mage or special play cards are allowed, but all other inducements are.

I think that I will play either Chaos dwarfs or Norse, as I have not played them in a TT tourney yet. Ideas for rosters is welcome. I have very little experience with either race, though I love to kill norse and run around CD´s:D

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
I don't play TT but lots of experience with Norse, and we did a rez tourney recently which was 1100 plus max 6 skills.
Thoughts after tourney posted here.

In the end I went for the following;
Yeti with MB
2 Ulfs, 1 Block, 1 Wrestle
2 Zerkers, 1 Tackle
1 Runner, SH
1 Lineman DP
6 Linemen

2 RR

Came to 1220. I ended up playing Wood Elves, Rats, Dark Elves, Dark Elves, Chorfs, Lizards. Drew with the Woodies, beat Rats, lost to (@Jeliel ) DE, beat the next DE, beat Chorfs, drew Lizards. Ended 3-2-1.

The Wood Elves and Lizards I drew with both ended up unbeaten on 3-3-0 and 2-4-0 respectively.

In hindsight I would probably take a similar team but swap the DP for MB on the unskilled zerker. Sure Hands was really useful, especially game 1 where they had a Strip Dancer. 2 RR was fine (with Sure Hands), Ulfs are essential in this format, the Yeti I'm not sure about, leaving it frees up 160 TV which could allow another Runner with Dodge and an apo, mmmm. Probably I'd stick with the yeti. Hope this helps for anyone taking Norse to a rez tourney!

I think the main thing comes down to Yeti or no yeti, and if so do you want MB or Block on it. Other options are trying to fit Guard on something, but even vs the lizards I didn't feel I really needed it that much. Would definitely take both Ulfs.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
I'm going but I'm not sure what I sm taking. Got it down to Nurgz, Brets or Gobbo. But I will probably change my mind on pick something else. Have u been since the refit? It's no longer freezing cold it's weird.

I second not taking Guard and heartily recommended pass block. Hope we can play again especially if u follow my advice.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
I second not taking Guard and heartily recommended pass block. Hope we can play again especially if u follow my advice.

CJ kept telling me to take Guard before the tournament (which was Swiss format by the way). I ignored him of course;). Problem with Guard is where do you put it. Wild Animal Yeti, nope. Ulfs? Well that means no block/wrestle and I roll too many 1 in 9's for that. Zerks? Maybe, but really I would prefer MB or Tackle or even PO. Runner? Well again opportunity cost is you lose Sure Hands or Dodge. Thrower? lol. That leaves linemen. Again though, is a Guard AV7 lineman better than a DP or a skill on a zerker. I did not think so, but each to their own.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
CJ kept telling me to take Guard before the tournament (which was Swiss format by the way). I ignored him of course;). Problem with Guard is where do you put it. Wild Animal Yeti, nope. Ulfs? Well that means no block/wrestle and I roll too many 1 in 9's for that. Zerks? Maybe, but really I would prefer MB or Tackle or even PO. Runner? Well again opportunity cost is you lose Sure Hands or Dodge. Thrower? lol. That leaves linemen. Again though, is a Guard AV7 lineman better than a DP or a skill on a zerker. I did not think so, but each to their own.

It is a problem to get Guard on Norse and I’m no tournament expert. However in every low TV match I play I notice the lack of Guard. On Norse I would bite the bullet and take it on a Ulf. Maybe take another one on a Berserker if you are confident of your frenzy or on a Lineman if you want more control. Also you want to seriously consider tackle if you are near the top tables you will play alot of blodge.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I'd put guard on a lineman.
MB yeti , MB and tackle on the Zerkers , 2 normal skills on the ulfs which leaves a double on a lineman or runner and I would go for guard.
You don't have enough players to foul if you take the yeti. Without him you have 13 or 14 players and a DP is more valuable.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
I'd put guard on a lineman.
MB yeti , MB and tackle on the Zerkers , 2 normal skills on the ulfs which leaves a double on a lineman or runner and I would go for guard.
You don't have enough players to foul if you take the yeti. Without him you have 13 or 14 players and a DP is more valuable.

I had 13 players and a yeti, so took DP. I go 2 RR though so want the Sure Hands.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
It is a problem to get Guard on Norse and I’m no tournament expert. However in every low TV match I play I notice the lack of Guard. On Norse I would bite the bullet and take it on a Ulf. Maybe take another one on a Berserker if you are confident of your frenzy or on a Lineman if you want more control. Also you want to seriously consider tackle if you are near the top tables you will play alot of blodge.

Definitely yes 1 tackle minimum. Lots of blodge.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
How is this for a Norse roster?

6 linos - 1 with guard
1 catcher - with dodge
2 Ulfs - Block on both
2 Beserkers - tackle and Mighty Blow

3 Rerolls
1 Apo

1 Babe
1 FF
1 Coach
1 Cheerleader

1.1 mill even

Note: I prefer to play with the apothecary instead of player 12:pow:

EDIT: perhaps take a thrower with sure hands instead of a reroll and a FF. But what skill to drop from the others??? Guess I would drop tackle:powdodge:

Last edited:

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
11 players , no yeti and only 1 MB means you are going to get outbashed by Orcs and the like.
I prefer a lineman to a babe and would probably also drop a reroll to get to 13 players so you can foul.

Also you are unlikely every to pass the ball so 2 fan factor and a lineman is better than a thrower.
If you really want SH take it on the runner instead of dodge as you want the faster player carrying the ball.
I prefer dodge unless you are worried about lots of wardancers.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
11 players , no yeti and only 1 MB means you are going to get outbashed by Orcs and the like.
I prefer a lineman to a babe and would probably also drop a reroll to get to 13 players so you can foul.

Also you are unlikely every to pass the ball so 2 fan factor and a lineman is better than a thrower.
If you really want SH take it on the runner instead of dodge as you want the faster player carrying the ball.
I prefer dodge unless you are worried about lots of wardancers.

Agree with all of this except the SH/dodge on the runner. 2 RR with an AGI 3 carrier can go horribly wrong.

I also prefer 1 Ulf to be wrestle, especially in this sort of format, as it just gives me more options vs blodge in particular. But both Ulfs block is more usual.

Last edited:

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Norse roster Version Carnage:

2 ReRolls, 1 Apo

1 Catcher - Sure Hands
2 Ulf´s - Block and Wrestle
1 Yhetee - Mighty Blow
2 Berserkers - 1 Mighty Blow
6 Linos - 1 Dirty Player

Thats it folks. SH on the catcher to save rerolls. Wrestle on a Ulf to take down Blodge and foul them to smithereens with the DP lino. Yhetee to go grazy on 3 dice blitz/blocks and finally a Berserker to hit stuff. I will rely on poor mans tackle to do the job versus dodge players, if the wrestler can´t get to them. Wasting the double, but that does not matter much as 1 guard is to little to matter much and though I could get 2 guards I would lose so much carnage that it would not be fun for me to play the roster.

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
I would take guard on the lino instead of dp. You have enough carnage via mb and claw, now you need assists. And you have 12 players, so after the first injury you are not sure to always want to foul.

Thegngrnoob

Rookie
Country Flag
If you somehow end up near the bottom tables then I'm sure a Norse vs Ogres game could be interesting!

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Complete change of plan for me I’m thinking Orcs. Troll, 4 BOBs, 4 blitzers, 2 line orcs, thrower and 3 rrs.

2 guard BOBs and 1 tackle Blitzer are pretty much definite leaving me with 3 skills to play with. Troll gets a skill probably block but maybe Guard. I want to avoid sticking block on my thrower but it’s a possibility however if I take guard on Troll I could take dodge. 2 block BOBs would be nice. Another tackle or Guard, probably on a Blitzer, would help as well.

So is there anything I have missed and what would people want on their team?

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
Complete change of plan for me I’m thinking Orcs. Troll, 4 BOBs, 4 blitzers, 2 line orcs, thrower and 3 rrs.

2 guard BOBs and 1 tackle Blitzer are pretty much definite leaving me with 3 skills to play with. Troll gets a skill probably block but maybe Guard. I want to avoid sticking block on my thrower but it’s a possibility however if I take guard on Troll I could take dodge. 2 block BOBs would be nice. Another tackle or Guard, probably on a Blitzer, would help as well.

Frenzy instead of second tackle for variety?

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag

Sure hands on a blitzer, no thrower on the roster - go all AV9