1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website Server Migration

Discussion in 'Site News, Bug Reports and Questions' started by Coach, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Hi everyone,

Hopefully the transfer has gone fairly smoothly (cause I did it myself). I did notice a templating error which I think I can easily fix after I get home from work today. It doesn't appear to actually stop anything working though.

If anyone else sees a different error or finds something not working, please post below letting me know what it is. The more info the better and I'll look into it later today.

Apologies if anything is broken! :skull:

Ilgoth, Sataric and comfort_eagle like this.
  2. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Website feels extremely fluent now, thanks for the work @Coach :powdodge::powdodge:

3. Coach

Country Flag:
    Thanks for the feedback. There are still some improvements I can make to the software side of things. Hopefully I'll be able to implement those over the coming weeks.

4. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    So far so good. No issues or errors.
    Can’t really tell if it is any faster yet.
    But good job on migration, nothing is lost, well done!

5. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    Site running smoothly for me, but I got one issue: Posts were not marked as "read" the first time I visited a thread, only the second time. I experienced this multiple times. Firefox 58.0.2 (64 bit) on Win 7 Professional SP1.

6. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Yes, I noticed that too on my Chrome browser. It takes multiple visits (or time?) to get thread marked as read.

7. Coach

Country Flag:
    That's weird, I'll take a look into it.

8. Coach

Country Flag:
    Right, I've just patched the forum to the the latest patch but I'm yet to upgrade to the new version as some of the add-ons BBTactics is using aren't yet available for it.

I've also updated the version of the programming language on the server which should speed things up. Hopefully nothing breaks this time as last time I tried it the forum software wasn't compatible with it. If you spot anything broken then please leave a reply!