1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 8 RESULTS - Grin and brag here

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Ilgoth, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Starting the thread again.

My own match didn't go too well.

[​IMG]

Watch it here

Defended first half, which was alright. Chorfs managed to get 4 stuns and 1 KO during first two turns, made positioning bit harder. My Ogre blitzed lvl3 blocker into -AG, apo offered -MA as another option for @Jeliel . Nothing special, didnt have chance at sacking and Chorfs scored on their T8. My OTTD effort was going nicely until my thrower failed the pick-up.

Second half was awful for me, I was 10-11 in numbers and within few turns that was 7-10. I went pretty potato because of the pressure, and with wizard's fireball and bull blitzing, sack happened and ball was out of my reach. Tried my best recovering, but my fate was sealed and Chorfs scored on their T15. Didn't have proper numbers to properly try OTTD, so game result was 2-0 loss.

Jeliel played well, don't have clear reason why I lost. Bad offensive and being down in numbers too early. Now I need a win in Game 9, or otherwise I can say bye bye promotion. :(

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  2. Swuul

Swuul Active Member

Steam Username:
    Swuul
    Cyanide Username:
    Swuul
    Country Flag:
    Nuln
    My Pineforest Guardians (Woodelves) won 4-2 over Vermin Vendetta (Skaven) coached by @Smeik

Woodies got from inducements and extra apothecarian, and the Star Players Dolfar Longstride and Eldril Sidewinder. Weather was nice, woodies chose to attack on first kick-off.

First kick-off was Quicksnap. As the woodies thrower was in hospital, Dolfar played as the quarter back. First turn saw a skaven lineman recieve a career ending injury at the hands of the Treeman. The Wrackle Woodelf also recieved a serious injury, but the other apothecarian put him back together and on to the bench. A line-elf in scoring range was left unmarked by the skaven, so it was an easy run into the goal on turn 2.

Skave focused on hitting stuff on their offense, so the woodies were able to sack the ballcarriers a couple times. A pass to the Wrackle line-elf would have seen an early second touchdown, but he failed the catch. On turn 8 the ball was on the ground next to a skaven, but Ulviir the Wardancer picked up the ball and ran through the tackle-zones to put the woodies two ahead.

Skaven had a OTD chance, and they did it beautifully with elegance. I learned another way to do a OTD, thanks for the lesson Smeik :)

Skaven on their offense focused again on hitting stuff, and the ball-carrying Gutter Runner was left alone in the back. With the Wardancer providing the assist, the Woodie Catcher had a sack attempt with two dice, but failed to bring the ball-carrier down. Next turn however Ulviir the Wardancer sacked the ball-carrier again, and the Catcher had an easy job to run in 3-1.

Skaven started to be in a hurry, but they still kept their STR4 Stormvermin and the Rat-Ogre glued on the Treeman. However, the skaven were able to score their second as Dolfar failed with his Pass Block.

Skaven kicked the ball, which ended right next to the line of scrimmage. As it was a High Kick, Ulviir moved to catch the ball, and ran straight in the fourth touchdown in two turns.

Skaven still had three turns left, but instead of scoring fast they went full medieval on the Treeman. In the end, Ulviir again sacked the ballcarrier, and woodies were in a position to score their fifth touchdown on turn 16. Dolfar however failed to pick up the ball as he used his Loner skill to not accept a reroll (he would have needed to throw a Quick Pass to a line-elf, who would have required two GFI to score, so it wasn't exactly guaranteed to succeed).

Thanks for the game Smeik! My hands were shaking real bad at the end of the first half, too much adrenaline in blood circulation :D A very exciting game, which could have gone either way (although I am plenty happy you did stick your best hitters on the Treeman for much of the game :) ).

The match is uploaded to BB2Stats.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    Ilgoth likes this.
  3. Smeik

Smeik Active Member

Country Flag:
    Everything you have written is correct, but my perspective on the game is a bit different, since I tried to speed up the game right from the start, but almost every drive I was hampered by failed dodges, blocks, or catches. And Eldril was a real pain in the ass.
    Thus, bashing your elves was never the main strategy - at least until you scored the 4-2 and everything was lost anyway. But having almost identical injury and knockout stats while throwing almost the double number of blocks with better armour and more MB surely didnt help either.
    GG and thx for the fun match!

Ilgoth and Swuul like this.
  4. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    In the Cathay division, my Ebonfur Eviscerators (Amazons) went up against the Blatz Beer Boys (Dwarfs) coached by @RK Blaze .

I knew this match would be rough because the Dodge skill which is my bread-and-butter would be nearly useless against the bearded shorties, and I also knew that it'd be a nightmare to try and 'outbash' them. But in the end, despite the Dwarfs coming out on top when trading punches, I did catch a couple of lucky breaks. The first half of the game saw four of my players get knocked out and another sent off after a very poor fouling attempt that didn't even break armour, but despite this I managed to sack the ball-carrier somehow, and steal away the ball. After some struggles, Nuffle gave me his blessing when the Dwarf Troll Slayer that came to punch my ball-carrier failed his GFI roll (twice in a row if I remember correctly). That meant I managed to score on the Dwarfs' drive and secure a 1-0 lead.

My own drive didn't go quite so well. It was a struggle to make any real progress towards the touchdown line and I was forced to take some risks to inch my way closer to my goal. Still, it went decently for me for a while, until a Journeyman Dwarf Longbeard Loner managed to make a crazy dodge-roll and 1-die my ballcarrier to punch her out. Ouch! From that point onwards the match was a total clown show, with one action after another ending in complete failure. We're talking double skulls, failed pick-ups, failed GFI's, you name it! But it was about equally bad for both of the teams. I ruined my chances of scoring, and the Dwarfs got a small chance to make a monster pass (6+) to perhaps manage to run a player in for the touchdown in time, but the pass failed and that meant the final result was secured.

Final Score: 1-0 to the Amazons. Underwhelming SPP gain for both teams. (I earned 8 in total - 3 from TD, 5 from MVP) But this means I reclaimed the top leaderboard position in the division, which I am happy with!

Good Game, mister @RK Blaze - I hope that your luck will turn and that you'll have some greater games waiting in your future!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    Swuul and Ilgoth like this.
  5. Hudd

Hudd Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Altdorf - Drakwold Beasts vs The Sir's Chorfs.

The Chorfs won the toss and received, making a dream start, with many removals in the first few turns. They used a couple of re-rolls on blocks though to turn pushes into casualties, but it really looked like the half was over already by the end of turn 3.
    The minotaur goes down (thanks to the niggle!) and the Apo comes out, leading to a very nervous rest of game. (He only rolled a MNG, but I need him against the Dark Elves in the last week)
    There was a few gaps in the Chorf screen, which the elf-goats promptly dodged their way through and stole the ball. It was easy enough to get back, a Chorf just needed a single GFI to get the 2D block in, but... he duly failed. And wasted the last team re-roll too, with another 1!

The elf-goats promptly headed upfield, but were completely unable to outpace the Bull Centaurs - but the inevitable blitz was... double skulls! Chaos score a bizarre short handed (6 - 11) defensive score on turn 5!

9 vs 11 now - I reckon I can get the draw, at this point, with a TD in the bag.

Still no re-rolls, and the Chorfs start their next drive with... another double skulls! No rerolls left. The ball is duly pounced on and held in the middle of the pitch. No chance of the Chorfs getting the quick score they need. Especially not with yet another double skulls attempting to get the ball back. The Beasts saunter downfield and pick up a preposterous 2-0 half time lead.

The second half started (still 9 vs 11) with a perfect short kick for the Chorfs, but the Goats held on, playing some elf-ball and worked the ball downfield - they used up all their rerolls, but got the ball within a few squares of the end zone before finally losing it, along with many of their team.
    Just 3 goats were left on the pitch to watch a Chorf fail 4 pick ups/ and catches which prevented the consolation score.

Crazy, crazy game! Both TheSir's Cas dice, but even more, his turnover dice!

2-0 to the Beasts.

Ilgoth and Swuul like this.
  6. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Reikland Division.

@Sudonym had to leave and @TravelScrabble called for a stunty coach to step into the breach. I volunteered late that night, to play Haflings, rather drunk. Next day I looked at the schedule, vs 1870 Chaos Dwarves followed by 2200 Lizards. Mmm ok...

So matched vs @zectorman and his aforementioned 1870 TV Chorfs I made a 850 TV Fling team. Had to hire 14 players, a Cheerleader, an Assistant Coach, and an apo to get to that. Anything less than 850TV counted towards my TV value. So this gave me 1020 in inducements, I hired a wizard, chef, Deeproot, Morg, and a babe, topping up 10TV from my 150 reserves.

We won 2:0. Suggest checking out the replay as it was an interesting game, Nuffle intervened quite a bit on both sides, many 1's were rolled. Morg was great, and my Flings nailed their landings in the 2nd half when it counted. I hope my opponent goes on to qualify from Reikland, as to be honest I was playing this team as a bit of a joke and to help out, did not expect to actually win. !

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    Smeik, Swuul, Deithwen and 1 other person like this.
  7. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Flings are good against slow teams 4 str6+ is hard to deal with.

8. Guinness

Guinness Active Member

Country Flag:
    @Ravers

I'm really looking forward to having my face laughed at by Halflings! LOL

9. Deithwen

Deithwen Active Member

Steam Username:
    Deithwen
    Cyanide Username:
    Deithwen
    Country Flag:
    That is very impressive, what a result! And just for any future Halfling coach, you can go lower than 850 TV in BB2, just purchase stadium upgrades and purchase+destroy stadium enhancements if needed.

10. Hudd

Hudd Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    You are allowed the cosmetic stadium upgrade too

11. LloydsGamble

LloydsGamble Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    LloydsGamble
    Country Flag:
    1-1 between my High Orctane Heroes and @notorious noob's Strigoi Morti in Indus

Weird game with a lot of dice involved, the highlight being a great MA6 1TTD from the Vamps (having just followed a dicey pass and hand-off Orc play :D)

12. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    So in the perilous state of another 11 vs 11 match this time we received and early injuries again proving decisive. My first turn did nothing then the Dwarves killed a Warrior on the opening turn. However this just incurred the wrath of my killer pestigor who just went through the Dwarves. Once he had killed a star runner he also managed to get two? Dwarves sent of through reckless pilling on. Up plenty of players we managed to win 3 0 which is still probably not enough to make up for all the heavy losses so I will have to avoid tie breakers if I want to stay up.

13. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Nordland Division saw a clash of title contenders as my Norse went up against the Necro of @TomSchnizz .

Weird game which saw some pretty average dice from both teams, Necro had a 310 TV or so petty cash and bought a wizard, bribe, and babe. My Norse won the toss and chose to receive, did not manage to do our usual damage, only 1 cas early on from my Yeti but the Necro player regenned. I was playing it safe, Str 5 lineman carrier staying back, but Tom went for a Lightning Bolt on him his T4 which did the job and KO'd the Str 5 guy, he was out for the rest of the game. Wolves flooded through the gap and got the ball but it was a fairly simple task to knock down the star wolf carrier, he was also KO'd and did not come back. Shortly afterwards my 30/31 SPP Ulf was knocked down and fouled out to injury, bribe used, so he still awaits his next level...meanwhile I moved the ball up the pitch, my T8 carrier was marked by a wight, 2d Blitz to free him needing a push came in :bothdown::skull: rerolled to :bothdown::skull:eek. So I needed a dodge out with no RR but thankfully made it to score and go 1-0 up at the half.

2nd half and again I played it cagey, hanging back until an opportunity presented itself when my yeti blitzed into a Fleshy and ended up next to the ghoul carrier. Moved my Str 4 tackle guy in there as well, but the ghoul potatoed away with a bit of support from the lone wolf. 2D blitz from Jack Daniels II the Str 4 POMBTackle zerker saw the ball free and the carrier ghoul KO'd, then I decided to move my yeti to mark up someone not realising I needed a dodge, no worries, 4 plus WA roll, 5 plus dodge roll easy:p.

Wolf needed a dodge out and a 1D blitz on a blodger, so needed a :pow:. Promptly rolled just that, made the pick up, needed 2 GFI's to score to level and then went snake eyes on the TD line trip wire....There were about 4 turns left for me at that point so I like to think I could have scored again but who knows. That was about that, yeti got another couple of cas to make it 3 for the game, MVP for me went yet again to my Dirty Player who rolled doubles, but he is probably fired as now level 4.

Ended 1:0 to my Moon Shiners, leaves us 6-1-1 for the season and guaranteed promotion back to Altdwarf. YAY! GG TomSchnizz.

Swuul, Deithwen, stephB and 2 others like this.
  14. Keraunograf

Keraunograf Active Member

Steam Username:
    Keraunograf
    Cyanide Username:
    Manticoran
    Country Flag:
    Hopak Hoppers manage to 3-1 against the Ogres, with plenty of Nuffle going around on both sides. Could easily have been a 4-1, 4-0, or 3-2 game, but the number of 2+/2+ failed from me, and number of 2+/2+ failed from the Snotling dodges, proved critical towards slowing down the game.

No permanent injuries by either team means that I'll be at full strength to fight the Dwarves on the last match day...

15. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    OK bout time i threw one away again.

After a riot, a deep kick and a decent defense kept the zons way away from my endzone things looked quite decent.

2nd half started with a blitz that put some slight pressure on my lot...but not to much as a friendly wizard only stunned 1 cage corner and dropped another. We moved forward without any more worries and could of scored from T12 onwards and then on T 14 i messed up...badly. Instead of just dodging my catcher into safety...i went for a block first...and not even the one i wanted to...turnover...lost the krox and the catcher and had to be happy with a 0-0.

gg @JCan

JCan likes this.
  16. Deithwen

Deithwen Active Member

Steam Username:
    Deithwen
    Cyanide Username:
    Deithwen
    Country Flag:
    Ostland
    Roll like an Egyptian
    (me, Khemri) 2:2 Lions and the Willow (@sbr32, Wood Elves)

Elves chose to kick and the old bones started their usual slow cage advance. The first couple of turns gave my team two injured elves, but those were mere linefodder. The wardancer, unfortunately, had survived multiple successful POMB blocks, which is always sad. Likewise, the leap attempt was a dud. By turn 6 or so the cowardly elves decided there's no chance of turning the tide and started running away, and a loner even fouled the Tackle POMB Blitz-Ra, and promptly got sent off. The touchdown was completely unopposed, and with bad KO rolls one turner was out of the question.

The second half started with the elves going for a quick TD, leaving a Wardancer by the sideline which allowed me to go all in with a Blitz-Ra, who made a dodge with a reroll, 2 GFI's and surfed the elf with the ball (no damage of course because it was a Wardancer:rolleyes:). Unfortunately, the ball scattered in the Khemri's half, where the skellies could do nothing but put two tackle zones on it, a Tomb Guardian went for a block and KO'd himself on a dub skull. The elves then got rid of one tackle zone and had no problem scoring. Pretty good pitch invasion + a successful catch by a Thro-Ra filled my heart with hope for the half, but a leap one die on the ball was a success, and then I had made the worst mistake of the match, not rerolling double BD block because I thought I had blocked with another skeleton. The hope in my heart was completely drowned in despair. Even though the elves had lost the ball again, they had no problem scoring once more, leaving the Khemri in a precarious situation. A touchback helped, and in three turns after some very scary blocks to free up the ball carrier, a rookie Blitz-Ra scored on turn 16 and after 8 games finally got a level.

Thank you for the game @sbr32, well played!

Damn, l'm still beating myself over that idiotic mistake, and can't really believe I managed not to lose.

Swuul, Ilgoth and sbr32 like this.
  17. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Lions and the Willow 2 :: Roll like and Egyptian 2

I got 2 Loners and only had 80k in Inducement money so I only bought 1 Babe and saved my own cash. I won the toss and elected to Kick.

I set up off center to my far right and when the Khemri matched up I kicked to the deep far left. The kick was almost perfect landing right on the sideline just a couple of squares away from the endzone. Unfortunately the Throw-Ra was able to pick the ball up on his first try and considering that I think I pushed too aggressively into the Khemri backfield. Deithwen made very good use of his Guard Skellies and Sure hands Throwers denying me any real shot at attacking the ball carrier. By the end of my turn 4 I only had 6 players on the pitch (Loner got ejected after fouling the Piling On Blitz-Ra) and it wasn't long until the Khemri were in an unstoppable position and I had to concede the score trying to keep my players on the pitch. I had a Dodge Line Elf get a -AV injury but that was the only perm injury in the game.

My 2 KOs didn't wake up for T8 so I only had 6 players and no Catcher so no shot at the 1TTD and after a non-Riot kick event I completed a vanity pass to get a level on my Sidestep Wardancer (rolled a 6+4 for +MA).

I had 1 KO wake up for the second half giving me 7 on 11, but the Khemri Rookie Blitzer stayed asleep too. The Khemri set up left a gap up the middle if I could move an unskilled skeleton on a Blitz. My Blitz ended up being :bothdown::bothdown: and I thought about rerolling it for the entire length of the decision clock but decided I couldn't risk it and took the Both Down, which resulted in a KOed skeleton and a free path through his formation anyway. I got a screen set up and the ball to a War Dancer (I thought it was my Side Stepper which leads to future stupidity) who ran deep into the Khemri zone and right up against the sideline (oops). The only way he could get hit was on a 4+ Dodge, GFI, GFI 1D Blitz by the killer Throw-Ra who needed a reroll on the Dodge but made the rest of his rolls and pushed my carrier out of bounds. The Khemri turn ended when a Tomb Guardian rolled :skull::skull: against the Tree KO'ing himself. A good throw in and some mild elf bs got the score the next turn anyway.

The KO'ed TG didn't wake up for the next kick off and my Elf did so I was back up to 8 players against only 10 for the Khemri. The kick off was not very good this time and a Pitch Invasion stunned 4 of my guys, including the Tree and another LoS Elf, and only 2 Khemri. I was able to recover enough to get a 1D Leap Blitz which knocked the ball carrier down, then the moment of the game when they turned over on an accidental Both Down block from an unskilled skeleton. I was able to grab the ball and run away but a failed dodge left my screen almost nonexistent and the ball carrier was blitzed down. The Khemnri got 2 TZs on the ball but I was able to Blitz one off and ignore the other as my War Dancer grabbed the ball and ran into the endzone.

This left the Khemri 3 turns to even things up so I was feeling alright about things.

On the ensuing kick off I made a slight mistake of my own, being too aggressive with the kick placement leading to a Touchback which was a Very Bad Thing, getting the ball to a Blitz-Ra at close to midfield. I had set up far right again (which was also a mistake at that point) and with his nice use of Guard there was no possibility of even a 1D Block on the ball (and I was out of RRs) so I just tried to get Bldogestep tackle zones on the ball carrier hoping the dice would fail him, they did not and he got the T16 score for the draw.

gg @Deithwen and good luck in your last match and next season!

Swuul, Ilgoth and Deithwen like this.
  18. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    That's Waaghernumb!!! beat Game-of-Thorns in a standard 2-1. 4 of my last 6 1d6 rolls were ones, so that really didn't help. I had two apothecaries in that game, and both of them saved a player from death, so at least no permanent injuries that mtach.

19. doohickey

doohickey Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    The Blue Face Clan 1-0 Agonizing Demise (@GeneralMarauder )

With the Orcs once again giving away 300+ in inducements, the Chaos took Lord Borak, a bribe, and a babe. I chose to receive but the first couple turns looked rough as I failed to break armour on T1 while the Chaos BH one of my blitzers and KO'd a lineman. The drive continued in a typical orc/chaos grind but the dice flipped fairly heavily onto the orc's side. I managed to get 4 or 5 removals by the end of the half, including a KO on the Chaos' killer claw beastman. With a gfi I managed to score on T8 to take the 1-0 lead, and in the two sets of KO roll's I got all of mine back while Chaos only got 3/4 despite having the babe. And of course the one that stayed down was his killer!

The kickoff was a Blitz, though the kick was in a spot where I couldn't do much more than send a lone blitzer to pressure a little bit. The pressure paid off though as it took 3 or four turns to get the ball away from where it landed thanks to a combo of turnovers, failed SH pickups and general bad dice. eventually the ball scattered onto Lord Borak but with only a handful of turns he had to try and make a break for it with only a couple players free to support him. I was able to largely get in the way and a failed dodge by Borak on T7 sealed the win for the orcs.

With the win the Blue Face Clan has joined @Ravers ' norse in clinching promotion from Nordland to Altdwarf and with both of us at 6-1-1 the last week is a showdown for the division title!
    Thanks for the match GeneralMarauder, the dice were definitely in my favour; looking at the D6's I think you had like 40 1's and the next highest was like 25 5's or something.

Swuul, helGn, sbr32 and 4 others like this.
  20. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    @Crimson Fox Deepest Blue tied The Real Wyrmwood (REALLY wish I'd thought to go with Hagpox when I made the team...) in what I thought was a bizarre game of improbabilities. I botched the pickup and needed to GFI twice to get the BC into position -- he failed and then failed again on the RR, falling over and scattering the ball where Fox was ultimately able to grab it and run in a TD by the end of the first drive, putting both his fireball and the chainsaw gobbo he'd purchased with inducement money to good use. I figured he had the match.

But he fell victim to a Blitz! kickoff result right after halftime, which even my Nurgle players were able to capitalize on by blitzing a hole through his defenses and getting 3-4 players into position near or under the ball before it fell. It was ultimately scooped up by Grubber Muckslap, my AGI 3 Nurgle Warrior, who gradually trotted it down the pitch with much needed backup from his fellows (who were never quite able to get him safely into a cage, but as it turns out didn't need to).

Earlier in the match, Regeneration had rescued two of my players from permanent injuries, and their presence on the pitch in the second half let me win the war of attrition well enough that I half-hoped to clear the pitch -- which I came fairly close to doing, but not really that close. I think he had 4-5 players left on the pitch in the closing moments of the match.

1-1 tie that felt like a win to me, and I imagine must have felt like a loss to Crimson, as missing out on a win due to a kickoff event tends to do. GG Crimson, always a pleasure!

Swuul, Regor and sbr32 like this.