High Elf What am I doing wrong?

Ynwe

Veteran
Country Flag
Just won 1-0 against khemri, was lucky they missed a turn 16 pass for TD.

I have more skills than him, I have quite some experience, I do some nice moves to punch the ball free. And yet I am on my heels for most of the game, while my opponent manages every block, luckily with little armor breaking (of course my catcher dies on a 2+ dodge with no tackle and he has dodge)

I did very little mistakes. I did a mistake by using my last RR for a stupid block with my blitzer around turn 13. should not have even blocked. But besides that, I do not know where I did too many mistakes. Could someone take a look at my game (Its in the BBM, orca cola Season 19 6a, game 4, Palandiell vs Grumzog) and see where my mistakes where? I should be sapping ssp from such games, yet only managed 14 including mvp and lost 14 on the way due to the death. He was just 2 damn ssp away from blodge...

The only mistake I can think of, is that I became overconfident in the second half and overbashed a bit, which resulted in my opponent removing multiple players from me, causing me to get desperate. Any other suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

Juriel

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
You're +300 TV to the Khemri, you have 14 players, you choose to kick first...

You had the right idea, trying to get between the Khemri ball-carrier and their LOS crew (which is where they put all their TGs), but...

QxBekIy.jpg

You needed to get people into that critical middle spot, and should've used your blitz on getting something done there, rather than a meaningless side skeleton.

After they caged up near the edge, you pushed things too hard, by marking their Thro-Ra with 2 players, which led to one of them getting chain-pushed off the pitch. You should've instead applied pressure/tied up rear-most skellies with the blodge/sidestepping Blitzer, while just standing one step away with the rest.

You did get the ball loose, but on turn 7, you did not try moving it into the Khemri half, though you had a pretty safe pocket there. You rather left the passing play until turn 8. And you also positioned your Blitzer into scoring range, but NOT near the edge, where marking him would've required GFIs from the Skeleton who now walked next to him.

And because of that delaying, you had to spend your blitz on turn 8 to open up some kind of a path for the Thrower to move forwards, rather than being able to just focus on opening a path to score, and as the result of that, you had to try dodging into tackle zones and failed to score at all.

Second half, you 2-turned a score in, because Khemri are hard-pressed to stop that from happening. But then, you kicked SHORT, against KHEMRI? Why? Your best hope of stopping them is to separate the ball from the cage early, not kick it into a ready cage.

On turn 13, you only had 7 players left (but had managed to take their Thro-Ra down), yet you went heavy with them to one side, rather than being happy that they had to pick up the ball with a slow skeleton... This would've been a good time to just stand back and see where they go, with you having at least two elves ready to bust in through a corner and tie them up. Because, MA5.

Ynwe

Veteran
Country Flag
I knew about the turn 13 mistake and the kick short. Also knew that my placement during turn 7 was kinda bad.

So I should have blitzed the TG`(just to the right of my guy who blitzed in the screenshot) in the screenshot you posted? And through that maneuver try even harder so separate the 2 fields? I would have needed to do a 3+ dodge though to get a 2d block which seemed risky for me, so thats why I tried it at the end with my blitzer and not straight away for the blitz. or would you have gone for a lucky 1d?

Juriel

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
1d is good enough against a TG, if it means you can utterly separate the ball from their main muscle (or force them into a lightly defended sidecage). Seems safer than letting them into a cage that is made up of nothing but TGs, as happened.

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
Agree with Juriel, even pushes (in a direction dictated by you!) are good against TG, that MA4 can't get to where it's needed. It becomes easier to get the 2 d in subsequent turns too as he is forced to either provide assitance to the wandering TG or maintain what str he can for the cage.

Ynwe

Veteran
Country Flag
Thanks, will keep that in mind against other similar teams too that are slow

That and the other two things are my main mistakes. anything else?

Last edited: