1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General What do you do when your Dirty Player gets their third skill?

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Stryke, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Stryke

Stryke Member

Country Flag:
    While this thread was inspired by my current league Amazon side it's relevant to any side with 40/50k linemen with access to General skills only.

So you've got a Dirty Player and to be honest if you're playing one of the teams with disposable linemen like any of the Humans or Undead varients you really should do. They skill up again and assuming no doubles or stat up you pick up block/wrestle to help keep them alive and more useful for when they're not fouling. The question is what to do when they get a third skill once more assuming no stat ups or doubles. Sure there's handy skills they could take like Tackle but that's a lot of on pitch value to tie up in a player that sooner or later is going to be sent off.

You could keep them as a regular player and skill up another DP but that's then a skill on a player that's not adding anything for the team, you can fire them immediately but then you're down your DP which can be very handy while you wait to skill up a rookie Lineman. The other option is to wait till you've got the replacement and then release which probably seems like the best option but still it's going to hurt more when that useful player gets sent off in the meantime.

Any thoughts?

2. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    If you don't have a kicker, you can always pick Kick, kick the ball once and then foul away. Assuming there are no more kicking drives, it's all good, so aim for a 1-0 or 2-1 grind :)

Otherwise, yeah, if you have Wrestle, then Tackle is always nice, but then you'd have to sort out the priorities a bit, ball hunting first and fouling second.

3. Kaz

Kaz Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kazman29
    Country Flag:
    I second the kicker/tackle idea. Or pick an annoying skill like Fend so he'll be free to foul again next turn. Or pick something weird like pro or dauntless! Those can come in surprisingly handy. Kick or tackle first though if you need those on your team but I like Fend the more I think about it....

4. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Definately Fend if you already have a kicker. Otherwise Kick.

5. FTJUK

FTJUK Member

Country Flag:
    Sneaky Git or is that not a general skill?

6. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Its agility sadly.