Cyanide What happens when you drop a team from a league?

Ghastley

Veteran
Country Flag
Hello!

Sorry if this has been asked before, my search fu has failed me then.

A coach in our fixed match day league won't continue to play. We are wondering what happens when we drop the player. Will players in future matchups get a default win or just a bye week? Will the spot free up for another team? Default wins wouldn't be perfect, but a bye week even worse, because other coaches that have played against the coach already had a chance to get more points and SPP.

What is the best way to continue the league?

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
If you drop the team a spot opens up, any replacement team that you accepts will be slotted into their place in the schedule, its actually one of the few parts of the Cyanide system that works smoothly. Don't drop two players from the league at once before accepting any replacements though, then all hell breaks loose.

Ghastley

Veteran
Country Flag
Alright, thanks. What do you guys consider to be the fairest for the players who haven't played against the other team the first time around? Give them default wins until the rematches happen? If I manually set a 2-0 result, will the winning team get 2 MVPs and all the money (like in an in-game forfeit) or just one MVP?

So many questions, sorry. I just want to find the fairest solution for all the coaches in the league.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
So the best thing to do if possible is to have a replacement team come in, when that happens we normally say that said replacement is not eligible for promotions or championships or anything, they're just there to give people a game and have fun. If getting a replacement in is not feasible then giving teams a default win is really your only option and yes that will give them double MVPs, winnings and 2tds. Really not fair on those coaches who had to actually play game but you can compensate after the season with dummy games where you give them an admin draw that provided them with an extra MVP and td.

Last edited:

Ghastley

Veteran
Country Flag
The player that dropped actually lost all their matches and thus provided a good source for both points and SPP, so giving the default win for the outstanding matches in the first half of the season might actually be the fairest solution then. After-season promotions are not really relevant for us, we'll see about finding another team, sounds more fun for the second half of the season :)

Thank you very much for your insight and information!

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Note that if the team disappears from the league, any admin wins against it will not give money or SPP.

(You'll have to add a replacement team just to serve as the loss patsy.)