1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skaven What I used to do.

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by RedDevilCG, Dec 4, 2009.

1. RedDevilCG

RedDevilCG Member

Back when I first started playing the PC BB, I started off with Skaven. For some reason I've always stuck with them, even though they can be really punishing on your morale. I took a break and started playing again recently with the new patches and the release of the Dark Elves. I fully intended to try out a different team (and did try about 3 different ones), but one day I noticed that all my players had mysteriously turned into Skaven without me even noticing! I guess the team picked me more then I picked them :D

It's interesting that when I first began, I generally played my skaven as side runners. I would play 3 Gutter runners placed one in the middle on on each side.
    <iframe src="http://www.play-creator.com/miniplay.asp?viewplay=2801" width="268" height="158" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Then where ever the ball landed, I would choose that side to run the ball up:
    <iframe src="http://www.play-creator.com/miniplay.asp?viewplay=2802" width="268" height="158" frameborder="0"></iframe>

For defense I would setup in a more bow like formation, and then just pray that I don't lose every player on the pitch.
    <iframe src="http://www.play-creator.com/miniplay.asp?viewplay=4211" width="268" height="158" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I've since changed to using 4 Gutter Runners on offense, and swarming them through any hole made, and dodging one up the other side to try and overwhelm the backfield defenders with target choices. I've always had the most fun using a passing game with Skaven. My defense has incorporated a Rat Ogre who sits in my back field and blitzes any the ball carrier or receivers that make it through the line.

What do your offensive and defensive lines look like?

2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    I actually have all 4 gutter runners on the pitch and have them all out in the wide zones.

As they usually have Block and Side Step to go with Dodge already they have a fair chance of staying standing (though tackle players will probably blitz them). Having Side Step clogs up the wide zone to stop the offence moving through.

As they usually will attack down one side the two on the other side of the pitch can then run around the back (or deep) to their ball carrier after you kicked deep vs bashing teams, or to the thrower on the more agile teams who tend to move back holding the ball when you kick short.

I don't bother trying to protect my gutter runners, they get targeted a lot anyway, you get 4 and they skill up quickly when they need replacing. You manage to get a side step and diving tackle one on their ball carrier and it can cause a lot of issues.

Offensive set ups I tend to adapt to where certain players are set up by the opposing team. Also some teams you can hit their LOS players while others I'd prefer to stay out the way of.