1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What tabletop games do you play?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ilgoth, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Not got any expirence in it yet, but at my local boardgame group we are planning on picking it up in the near future. Does looks really good.

Ilgoth likes this.
  2. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    I haven't played it myself but I've been eying it on multiple occasions, and looked up a lot of things about it online, etc. Seems like it'd be a ton of fun. I know many of the board game channels on YouTube have covered it quite extensively. They might be able to give you a very fair review.

Ilgoth likes this.
  3. Valcurdra

Valcurdra Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah played it plenty of time, have not played expandion yet.

Fun game with some interesting mechanisms.

Its in a cool niche called "semi co-op" where people have to help the group but also have secret selfish objectives.

Has a semi random story telling mechanism which adds a lot of flavor.

I recommend using the optional traitor mechanism. Personally i think the game is WAY to easy without the traitor. But our group tends to crush co op games fairly liberally, so maybe its harder for less experienced gamers. Aside from difficulty, the social deduction element of trying to expose the traitor (or secretly destroy the group) is the best part of the game.

Ilgoth likes this.
  4. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    My list seems like Dreamy's (Nikolai) but a bit longer because we try new games out almost every other week.. love Blood Rage and Star Wars Rebellion... but i admit i've been playing more party games like Codewords and Blue prints

5. TwoScoops

TwoScoops Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    MSG Musculo
    Cyanide Username:
    TwoScoops
    Country Flag:
    So, I recently purchased Twilight Struggle on steam, and it's excellent. I haven't played the TT version but I hear it's a little time-consuming due to all of the game mechanics one must keep track of. However, I'm loving it on steam and am happy to play anytime! I'd imagine the TT version is still pretty freaking neat.

6. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I'd be up for a game if you are interested. I've played a bit now but still learning.

TwoScoops likes this.
  7. TwoScoops

TwoScoops Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    MSG Musculo
    Cyanide Username:
    TwoScoops
    Country Flag:
    Nice - hit me up sometime on steam. I have played all of one game so far but really enjoyed it! I'll likely be looking for a game later in the week so may shoot you a random invite if you're around.

8. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    I am playing on http://www.yucata.de/en/ - there are tons of games there and they add new ones periodically.
    I am 'mamutas' there - link me up if you end up signing up there.

Sataric and TwoScoops like this.
  9. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Well you and the rest of the internet made me do it - Dead of Winter: The Long Night should be on my shelf tomorrow.

Sataric likes this.
  10. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    My group just played it for the first time on the Sunday just gone, it was great fun although we took ages playing it due to learning it, ended up losing when we were just 1 tool away from completeing the main objective and everything went down hill when 4 survivors died in one turn.

11. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Yes we played it once here as well. Really easy to snowball whole game if couple of them die. Full co-op is bit too easy without hardcore main objective.

12. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Agreed, we have a good time and are going to play again this Sunday coming up, we didn't get a traitor this time but it will be interesting the first time we do get one.

13. KevinC

KevinC New Member

Country Flag:
    Classic Battletech, Heroclix, Wings of War and X Wing

Ilgoth likes this.
  14. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    I was going to ask you to give me your run down in Kingdom Death, I missed the first Kickstarter by a few hours and regretted it ever since, we discussed this before I believe. Obviously I've gone in heavily for this one, there's so much content coming over the next few years for this game.

Sadly I'm not in the realms of being able to go all in, though if they re-open the pledge manager again before wave4 then I'll add some more to my rather extensive pledge thus far, I did know this Kickstarter was coming though and thus pulled some presents and cash together in advance so I've got Core+ chest+ Gorm+ Spidicules+ Flower Knight+ Dung Beetle Knight+ Honey Comb Weaver+ Oblivion Mosquito+, screaming god+, Abyssal Woods + Death Armour. Giving 8-10 (HCW & AW have dual) new Quarries, 6 new Nemesis and 6+ Encounters. That's a pretty big investment for a game I've never played that's for sure!

Anyone know where I can source a copy of Gloomhaven? I've been let down and my pre-release order was cancelled by the retailer due to insufficient stock, I doubt I'll be able to get one but I thought I'd put it out there.

15. Jeff Smith

Jeff Smith New Member

Steam Username:
    Welsh
    Country Flag:
    The men who would be Kings. (Sudan and North west Frontier
    In her Majesties name. (Victorian Sci Fi)
    Chain of Command. (Axis player)
    To the sound of the Guns (ACW reb player)
    Now Blood Bowl (again after so many years)

Have played over the years 40K from the very first edition (Rogue Trader)
    Warhammer Fantasy.
    Warhammer Ancients.
    any many more to many to go through !!

16. Valcurdra

Valcurdra Active Member

Country Flag:
    Friend just picked up "Vast: The crystal caverns"

Very unique game with purely asymmetric game play for each player, yet still a tonne of player interaction. Worth checking out for those who have time.

17. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I assume you know about it but just in case Gloomhaven is back on kickstarter.

18. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Is it any good? I am eyeing it a long time...
    I just picked up Rising Sun. Sounds cool and looks very nice, but the release is April 2018. I can't wait already!!!

19. Valcurdra

Valcurdra Active Member

Country Flag:
    Picked up the big book of madness last week. Can't stop playing it. Very fun.

Coop deck builder, I have been playing solo though.

20. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    A friend brought over Planetarium (Game Salute boardgame) last weekend, and it was plenty nice.