1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide What team should I play

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by crimsonsun, Aug 5, 2014.

?

What Team Should I play

1. Norse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Undead

15.4%
  3. Orcs

7.7%
  4. Goblins

15.4%
  5. Vampires

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Elves - Please Specify

23.1%
  7. Other: Provide Details please

38.5%
  1. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    OK so I've had enough, my UKBBL Khemri side have just gotten the rotten end of Nuffle 1 to many times in their 9 Seasons, with injuries stacking up faster than skills the choice has been made, so in 3 matches they will be retired and I will need a replacement team to use.

So what do you think I should play and why? Many of you have played against me previously so what team would play to my strengths as a coach? Which sides do you think I would enjoy using? I am going to include the six teams I have in mind currently, but feel free to ignore this list with your suggestions, though please provide details to why you think a team will suit my style!

Norse: The side I am entering into the crunch cup and a team I have a lot of Success with but in a long term persistent League the casualty rate looks like it could be a demoralising ordeal.

Undead: The strongest of the Dead sides for balanced play and one that is fairly easy to generate results with, but I find at higher levels they need some special players to really stand apart from the competition.

Vampire: A team that really shines if you can stomach the uphill struggle to get them past the initial development stages, once again though a side that really needs Stat increases to become a true great side. Also with my luck of late these guys may be more of a headache than they are worth...

Goblin:Comedy squad for a few seasons, would be light hearted entertainment that could pose some surprises, though I doubt they would achieve anything especially due to Cyanides reduced Star Player Choice.

Orcs: With my positional and blocking skills Orcs are possibly my ideal side but they lack much of a change in pace from my current side and they are seriously restricted in terms of movement much like my Khemri so do I really want more of the same?

A Elf Team - Please specify: A completely different play style to what I am used to and play well though they say a change is as good as a Break...

Thanks again Crimsonsun

2. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    I have no idea what you mean :eek:

crimsonsun

3. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    I voted Goblins, because Goblins.

4. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Khorne ae bashy but with a twist

5. phototropia

phototropia Member

Cyanide Username:
    phototropia
    Country Flag:
    underworld for bash and goblins

6. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Underworld are fun and have that bite which can really cause problems. However not necessarily what you are after. I wouldn't advocate vamps either as just as they start getting good the league may reset. They are fun to play though. Undead would be competive in the time frame we're talking and would likely get my vote

7. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    AV8 elves are great for perpetual leagues, so dark elves or high elves.

Lizards I agree with as well. A nice mix of bash and speed. Those two races are what I play when I feel like bashing it up a bit more. AV7 elves are not that well suited for long leagues either, the replacement cost is painful.

8. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I voted other as well and also think that Lizards are worth a try. They are a bit one-dimensional, but they do have a strong positioning game, which should appeal to you, while also having a strong running attack that is hard for most teams to counter.

9. timdog

timdog Member

Country Flag:
    How often do you reset? Norse are good lower end but start to run into power issues at higher end, and yes, the constant fear of splutt does get tiring :)

10. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    While the logic behind Street's pick makes perfect sense, I'm gonna advocate DElves. Because what's not to like about a team full of bloodthirsty sadists complete with dominatrices and assassins?

11. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    The Team I am retiring will have 101 games under them at the end of the season... Which was nice and a bit consecutive seasons...

12. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Ogres for two seasons, since you'll return to Khemri after that time anyway. ;)

13. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    I do not get along with Ogres at all!

14. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I would agree with Lizards.
    They have the same positional challenges as Khemri but with the potential for fast scores so 1-0 on turn 8 doesn't mean playing for a draw.

However a new Saurus takes as long to skill up as a Tomb Guardian so if that is one of the reasons you are taking a break from Khemri you may want to try something else.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  15. nufflehatesme

nufflehatesme Member

Country Flag:
    humans!

very different bashing style to khemri.
    speed to burn.
    team development is not reliant on doubles or stats
    doubles or stats are useful on every player in the team.
    humans rely more on positioning than any other team imo.

16. Barristan

Barristan Member

Country Flag:
    What about Chaos? A bash side that's faster and more agile than both Khemri and Orcs, and offers a lot more development routes, with practically no need for doubles or stats (the one +AG is nice but not crucial). From memory at low TV positioning well to compensate for the lack of skills is also the key which makes them a nice challenge.

Otherwise Darkies, because they are really great to play with and would make for a good experience.