1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Necromantic What to aim to buy first?

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by hungrygnome, May 4, 2013.

1. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    In my tabletop league, we use free agents from season to season. A free agent is a player that has taken 2 non-normal level ups (doubles, or stats). They can be bought as a regular player on your roster in a later season for their normal value. My next season ( we re-start every season, but our season is about 20-25 games long ) im playing Necromantic, and the current free agents are a zombie, a ghoul, and a monster of a werewolf. There is one other coach playing Necromantic.

Which ones should I aim for first?

Zombie 4 3 2 8 Regeneration, Block, Guard, Stand Firm - 120k

Ghoul 7 3 3 7 Wrestle, Dodge, Jump Up, Dump Off, Nerves Of Steel - 170k

Werewolf 9 3 4 8 Regeneration, Claws, Block, Dodge, Mighty Blow, (skill to be determined - hes 2 TD away from final skill, and has 3 games left to play) - assuming normal skill, 290k

I really like how the wolf developed, but would be tempted to use him as the ball carrier, hogging SPP like the coach this year did, which inhibited his teams development. ( neither of his wights has skilled after 20 games ). SO, do I aim for the wolf, and settle for the ghoul and zombie if the other coach gets him first, OR take the zombie and ghoul for about the same cost and get 2 good support pieces?

2. Basilisk9466

Basilisk9466 Member

Country Flag:
    Using that wolf as a ball carrier?

Such a waste, it's physically painful. That's a killer that any Chaos player would be proud of...

Anyway, to the question: depends on how you play Necro. If you want a more rounded, Dark Elfy- style experience, go for the zombie and ghoul. If you want to win through being the only man left standing, you definitely want that wolf - and you might want to go for that anyway, as I'd really hate to have that thing fielded against me. It is, however, not much a team player. Your call. I personally would choose the wolf.

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  3. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    I would love to use it as a killer, but AGI 4 and blodge makes it the most reliable early on.. though I could just use it to CARRY the ball, then hand off to other players for the score.

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    The ghoul ain't much to cheer for, but if you actually need to save money to buy players I'd try to snag the zombie early - he's like a third flesh golem (although a weaker and more frail one)

5. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I don't like the ghoul at all.
    Necro should only ever pass the ball in an emergency so 2 passing skills is a waste.
    A level 4 ghoul with a double should be blodge , guard , sidestep or wrodge , tackle , mighty blow,

I would aim for the wolf as he is a game winner.
    Zombie is worth it if the other guy gets the wolf.

A ghoul wants wrestle , tackle or block surehands which doesn't take that long to get as they are the ball carriers.

Start with 2 ghouls , 1 wolf and hope you get to 290K first.

6. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    I made good use of the ghoul when I bought him when I was playing undead, made for a great runaway ball carrier when you can only afford a little protection. If he gets hit, you just dump off to your protection, or to an empty square that they cant reach. And jump up made him quite annoying , as he would just hop right back up and go get the ball again at full movement. But then again, Undead have 4 ghouls, and Necro is faster, so can usually afford better protection when running for the endzone. Against elves, ive even dumped of to the person blitzing me, just so they could not move the ball further down the pitch that turn.