1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wood Elf What to get for the wardancer who has everything?

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by coachman, Sep 14, 2011.

1. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    So my original wardancer has skilled up for her next (normal) skill. Currently she has

MB/tackle/fend/sidestep/niggling injury Where to go next?

My other wardancer has strip ball and I think 2 SB players is overkill.

Im thiking jump up, possibly frenzy, pro even?. I dont want diving tackle as I dont leave her next to people since the injury.

Her current roll is maiming catchers/stunties/the av afflicted, anyone with a niggle. If they dont have sure hands she usually plays safety and ganks anyone unfortunate enough to be in my backfield.

What does the board think?

2. ghmongo

ghmongo New Member

Country Flag:
    All of those choices seem solid. I'm not so keen on Frenzy personally, but I can see where it would have its uses.

3. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Frenzy is certainly an option and will increase her killing power, but will take away flexibility in some situations. Seeing as she already has SS and Fend it could be a fun option though and also opens up the possibility of Leap Surfs, which are always enjoyable! :)

Jump up is probably a more solid choice, that can extend her range considerably when she's in the thick of things. Works well with SS and Fend too as you can choose where to jump up from and either use it offensively or defensively.

Beyond that you might consider Dauntless, if you don't have any on the team already.

4. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    I have a WD on my TT team with Strip Ball / Side Step / Tackle / Jump Up, and JU is used quite rarely, maybe once per game or so. When it does get used, it, however often leaves me in a position to get a crucial blitz or score, since opposing coaches tend to forget about it.

5. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Frenzy sounds like something that would put him in danger and it seems you don't want that so I think I'd go for jump up or dauntless (and Id prefer the later I think)

6. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Frenzy all the way, jump into a cage and with a bit of luck you can frenzy the carrier out to your guard markers and then have 2 dice on the second block. That is if you have any guard players.

Dont forget the terror frenzy spread around when its combined with leap as Danton points out. Frenzy frenzy frenzy frenzy frenzy all the way, kill kill kill kill maim maim maim - get evil:D

7. Doover

Doover Member

Country Flag:
    Triing to think a bit out of the box...

What about shadowing?
    Well ok the same problem like diving tackle after the niggling but still wanted to mention it.

I´m not sure about Jump Up. With AV 7 and Niggling you don´t want to get down and if you don´t go down then you don´t need Jump Up. (Sure things don´t allways go the way we like it.) If you need some more speed for him maybe Sure Feet would be an Idea.

I also like the idea of Dauntless from Danton. It´s good to have one in an elf team.

I also think Pro is nice to have for him. Gives him some better chances if you have to leap after using your RR and you can also use pro after a block which left your opponent standing.

Can´t say a lot against Frenzy for sure... ;)

8. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Assuming it's a normal roll, of the skills You mentioned, I'd go with Jump Up. It's a very good skill for frustrating and surprising opponents, who tend to forget about it. And those who remember will be less likely to foul Your prone WD, as they would get blocked back (with MB) next turn (Fend already solves Your follow-up problems)

I'd also consider Sure Feet if You tend to GFI a lot with Your players. Not that Wardancers are in need of additional movement, but in a pinch having this skill may be the difference between conserving a re-roll on the block or using it up to prevent tripping over grass.

And another one to consider is Dauntless. Elves need some help against stronger opponents and the tree is not mobile enough to be of much help. Dauntless also makes a good synergy with Leap (assuming the cage corners are marked away) when dealing with ST4+ ball carrier.

EDIT: Ah, Danton was faster than me with Dauntless suggestion (happens when a post is written for an hour...). I also like the Shadowing idea. It could prove really useful.

9. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    :confused:

All the more reason to foul the crap out of her - Mico you need to learn to be evil:p

10. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Ok, frenzy has the same problem as diving tackle - you are likely to end up next to an opponent. Shadowing also requires being parked next to an opponent to really shine.

Jump up is nice, but also requires her to go down first. If you want mobility I'd go for sure feet instead on that gal.

So my suggestions are either pro, if you leap a lot with her. Also good for the block after a failed gfi:s and any intercepts. Basically - if you are out of RR for the turn/drive/half, then pro shines.

Otherwise, since she seems to be "ball release person against surehanders" - wrestle might actually make sense despite already having block. Sure, it'll usually be a non-skill, so pro is probably better - but being able to temporarily remove enemy blitzers by pulling them down, and using wrestle/tackle against ballcarrying blodge surehanders.. there is some justification for taking it.

11. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Thank you everyone, I finally went with frenzy. Not the most sensible but I want to jump surf...

12. One Million Monkeys

One Million Monkeys Member

Country Flag:
    With frenzy you effectively confined many teams to only use 11 out of 15 squares of the width of the pitch. Of course there is a pretty big chance it won't work, but the mere possibility will change the game plan for many coaches. Good luck with your Wardancer.