1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where did I go wrong (Colloq. "Fail of the Day")

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Nikolai II, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Well, more questions would probably not go amiss, given it is a rather short one. (But of course, being paid by the word means it should be possible to prolong the answer by adding superfluous extras in a way just intended to lengthen the sentences beyond all sense and sensibility to ensure a better remuneration and less blank spaces in the actual column space in the printed version of the courier.)

I see what I did there.
    Signed
    Renko Fedorenko

2. Kjelstad

Kjelstad Active Member

Steam Username:
    Kjelstad
    Cyanide Username:
    Kjelstad
    Country Flag:
    All those Elves. Foul. 14 or 15 times a game.

3. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I would add another question about my last game, but you'd have the opposite problem in that the answer would be so long it wouldn't fit in the Courier.

4. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Hey Niko,

Asuming Kjel is happy with this I think our last MD game around turn 12 or 13 sees a good opportunity for a specific play discussion here.

The game was all but sentenced for a 2-1 classic grind excellently played by Kjelstad when in a desperate move I managed to get a clean double marking on his ball carrier.

Kjel obviously planned for a chain push to get rid of the marking and with a few frenzy players around his options were plentiful. Regretably he chose an option that required a gfi and with no rr left the blitz failed, the elves recovered and managed to turn around the game.

I think a couple screen shots comparing the failed action with the other options where a gfi would not have been required could be quite informative and eye opener for some of our junior players in CC no? These chain pushes are really interesting and a technique every bloodbowler should have in his/her toolkit.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  5. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    In CTA, I recently played my Old Dirty Dodge Ballers (Liz) against 20Phoenix's Tottenham Bullshit Brigade (I may have miss-remembered the Goblin-team name). Liz-turn 14, by some miracle I have stalled the dirty cheating wart-faces from tieing the game AND picked up the loose ball with a Saurus. Next I try to run him up-field for a 2-0 win but am held fast by one dirty, stinking, greeny that just won't turn to paste:pow:

Where did I go wrong?

*edit- the rest of the game is an exercise in nuffling armour rolls, comments about that are appreciated too.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  6. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    This was a Crunch Cup Courier feature which was discontinued when people stopped writing in.

(Also it apparently made me lose the finals :p)

Why didn't you blitz or chain-push the sticky gob away? (Filling empty squares first if he's a sidestepper)

7. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    He wasn't a sidestepper, and I'm not sure why I blitzed with the ball handler instead of the other free saurus. Just a rookie mistake I suppose. The gob in question was halfway down my path of movement for that turn, but I had to cross 15 spaces to make the TD in 3 turns.

Will this feature return for CC XI?

where did i go wrong?

8. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    It might. If nothing else then popular interest might force its revival etc.

9. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Hello Mr. Fedorenko,

Please see turn 12(?) of the Masters of the Pooniverse v. Lightspeed Freaks on your lightdisc enhancement machine.

i'll set the scene. Those dirty stinking poo-slinging elves are caged and screened off in the deep corner (after engineering a stands-clearing brawl with my poor Nurgle-ite brothers), and they decide to get fancy and stall a little more after being marked up hard. Well, one of their precious dancers slips on a banana-peel (who left that there?), and exposes a delicious opportunity for REVENGE!

Of course, in this coaches excitement at slapping elf-bodies against the cold ground, I failed to get someone to hit the carrier of the ball... *tears up* excuse me... its just... a little sad...

how could I have taken better advantage of this momentous occasion!?!

yours truly,
    Lavator, House of Smearo;
    King of Pooternia and Coach, Masters of the Pooniverse

10. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, that is a good one to analyze. The way I dodged and the tile the WD failed the dodge into made things difficult in the first place as you would have needed to enter into my TZ to get to my ball carrier. And because I made sure, before the failed dodge, that your only wrestle/tackle piece was marked.

I believe the best course of action would have gone through hitting my marking Sidestep catcher first with your wrestle/tackle pest. If successful this would have open the way for a blitz from the back. The wrestle/tackle pest would not have been able to blitz the carrier anyways due to marking so your subsequent blitz to the carrier would have been without wrestle or tackle against blodge, so still relatively low chances of success, but hey.

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  11. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    I definitely think you're right. I ended up pushing the lineelf just to the north of my NW first, which further complicated the side I SHOULD have been blitzing into, and effectively cut off any further chance of blitzing in properly on the side I wanted to. I'm curious to see what Nik thinks though.

12. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    What ho.

I have not lived in that dreary establishment for months now but the landlady, fine woman as she is, managed to forward your message to me in my current domicile. I have no set column in the Courier at the moment, but the Courier has always been willing to admit freelance work, so I have no doubt I should be able to flog your question to them (and for them).

However I do not currently have the time or opportunity to compose such a reply, since creating the necessary imagery is both complex and time-consuming. I shall nevertheless endeavour to give your issues due thought and hopefully be able to offer some food for your thought.

Everlastingly yours, or you might have to wait that long for an answer. Hopefully not the latter.
    Signed
    Renko Fedorenko