1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wildstar

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Werebat, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    If you don't already know, the MMORPG Wildstar went free to play about a week ago. I played WoW with my friends and we're back together for this.

It's a fun game, if you're into that kind of thing. It is to WoW what Space Ace was to Dragon's Lair, if you're old enough to remember those.

And the Chua are basically Skaven (they even talk a bit like them), so there's that. Having them resemble hamsters instead of rats was a bit of brilliance that you can appreciate if you've ever worked with or owned both (rats have NOTHING on hamsters when it comes to innate nastiness, viciousness, and sociopathic behavior). Will be rolling a Chua engineer scientist named Chichifa Warpfire!

Smakapotomus likes this.
  2. Smakapotomus

Smakapotomus Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Smakapotomus
    Country Flag:
    I played it for a while, have several characters going. If you keep with it let me know & maybe I'll pick it up again. Just dropped because I was playing solo & MMO' are not that much fun when playing alone

3. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I pre-ordered the game and played a bit right at release. I didn't like it a whole lot, but I am not really sure why. I stuck around for a couple of months, at least because my other MMO friends were playing but we all eventually lost interest.

It did have some interesting mechanics and the world was pretty fun to explore and level though, so anyone who likes MMOs should give it a shot now that it is free.

EDIT: I played a Mordesh Engineer named MarkoRamius.

4. mamutas

mamutas Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    I played it in the beta. I had a few attempts on it, but was losing interest after a couple of days. There was much of unfinished things at that time. Now, when it is complete, I might to give it another try.

5. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    Smack, I'm on the new Entity-2 PvE server -- you can transfer old toons for free, I think. Fallowheart is playing too, if you remember him.

Currently playing an Aurin Esper named Babayetu Slann.

The game really reminds me of WoW. I'm sure I'll get bored of it eventually, but am enjoying it a lot right now, and the price is right.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Smakapotomus likes this.
  6. mamutas

mamutas Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag: