1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modelling WIP: Loaner League Elves

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Hopelesst, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Hopelesst

Hopelesst New Member

Country Flag:
    I have friends that don't want to try any miniatures games. Blood Bowl, to me, is the perfect solution. You only need 11 figures! It's a deep, strategic game with tactical decisions, puzzley aspects and dropping with theme!

But this has not been enough to convince them. So I have taken it upon myself to create a Loaner League. I've been slowly collecting and converting minis to for a collection of teams that can be meant out to be players so they can learn the game and try out different play styles without having to invest anything.

So far I have:
    Dark Elves
    Norse that can stand in for Humans
    Amazons that can stand in for Humans

Currently building:
    Orcs
    Dwarves
    Chaos

The only friend I'm playing with so far loves the bashy game, but I know that I need more agility in the teams.

I want to make some elves, and to open up a passing option. What elves should I build? My favorite is High Elves, due to their higher AV and survivability, and a great passer out of the gate, letting new players feel like the passing game is viable.

Which elf Team should I build first?
    And what is out there that makes for good elf conversions? (High Elf GW models are pricey and low model count. Glade Guard get me enough models, but look same-y)

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

2. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    High elves are maybe not the best loaner team due to being quote bad at low TV. I'd be more tempted by Pros myself.

3. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    What players do you have in your dark elf team? Because elves substitute well for each others.

Dark Elves - Other Elves

Runners = Throwers

Witches = Wardancers, or High/Pro Blitzers

Blitzers = Catchers

Linos and Assassins = Linos

So the only thing you need is a tree or two (Deeproot)
    Get a third tree and some halflings and you've got that team as well.

4. Hopelesst

Hopelesst New Member

Country Flag:
    So I've had some big changes in the time since I started this thread:

I completely rebuilt my Dark Elves using the new(ish) Dark Eldar models.

I finished collecting my 3rd edition plastic orcs, built the troll, and added 4 metal goblin Catchers.

I received the new box set for my birthday. The Orks went to a friend of mine, and the Humans are getting a nice fluff based paint job.

A box of Gors is fleshing out my Chaos team. My minotaur is from Impact! and my warriors are and old metal box of Chaos Chosen.

I ordered Greebo's Unrennaissance Undead team, with the Golems and Werewolves to run as Necromantic too.

I picked up a damaged box of the new Skaven models. I'm converting WQ Deathrunners for the other two Gutters, and doing some major conversion for the Rat Ogre (My biggest undertaking yet. Legs of a metal rat ogre, torso and arms from a flesh golem, & I'm sculpting the head from scratch).

Lastly, I've got 5 models that will make up the core of my Vampire team. The 6th Vampire and all the Thralls will be scratch built, but I don't want to let's on too much until I have images to show (that'll be its own WIP thread).

So, with a focus on getting teams ready for games & start painting later, the list is...

Table ready (built and based):
    Norse/Humans
    Orks
    Dark Elves
    Humans
    Skaven

Still in pieces:
    Amazons/Humans
    Chaos
    Undead/Necromantic

Far off (major sculpting/casting required):
    Vampires/Lizardmen