1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wood Elf Witchcraft & Widdershins (OCC/SSC)

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Fallowheart, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Throwing in my hat for OCC, but starting in the SSC season 21.

Lets see how we do with a very short rr roster start:

[​IMG]

Here we go, Season 21 SSC3 applied and ready!

*Edit
    wrong roster image, that was my old CTA team that went 0-4-2. :p

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  2. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    Good luck, Fallow, I always like reading Wood Elf match reports - one way or the other :p

3. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Cheers,

I have the feeling I'm going to get an education. I am, as I've always said, notoriously bad with elves and wood elves especially.

:)

priority will be getting some more rerolls... ;)

4. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Good luck with these guys fallow, hope to meet them in the OCC proper one day :)

5. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Rem, im shooting for tier 6 ss22. I haven't the faintest idea how that might happen. :D

Advice time... When should i leap instead of dodge? And is it worth doing right out of the gate to go after the ball?

6. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    I think the way it works is 9 game SSC teams get dbl promoted before anyone else so as usual will depend on rerollers about promotions.. as for leaping/dodging.. well you leap when its a REALLY good shot at the ball and a high chance of recovery.. as always its situational.

Just remember its SSC so as much as you want to win games, suicide leaping dancers around is not always a great idea because building your team is probably more important then winning at all costs at this stage.

I like that starting roster it worked nicely for me. Also if the team does get crippled you can always just start fresh in tier 7 next season so don't worry to much :p

7. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    oh good, because that's what I'm destined for! (getting crippled and starting fresh ;))

yeah, I think I'm in SSC3 so i'll get like 5 games. That's about 'CTA' level of play. I plan to try and score early and hopefully a lot. Lately I've been thinking a lot about my development in BC in comparison to the other elf teams and what I've realized is that when I play my darkies I'm stalling out the half instead of taking every score. Sure, I've won games as a result, but I've probably lost games too and also stunted my SPP growth on some level from that. Not sure whether I'm doing it right or not but I've not had good success pushing for TD's every time.

8. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Matchday 1 is High Elves!

thrower, 2 blitzers, 2 catchers, 2 rr start seems pretty solid. I'll have to be on my toes but I'm already glad I've got the tree.

9. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    On a 4+ dodge or higher (Or 3+ dodge if you have no dodge reroll available) you should leap instead. (Or if one leap means you get rid of three 3+ dodges)

And you can usually harry the ball in turn 1 without leaping - only leap if it actually gets you to the ball. I think that also applies later on.

10. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Game one in the books!

[​IMG]

wasn't my best. 1-1 tie with THREE fumbled passes to score on defensive stops, and a niggled wardancer right out of the gate...

at least I got 20,000 gold! :p

11. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Game 2 vs amazons tonight at 0300 gmt.

I know nothing about the coach or team, but rookie zons are as annoying as rookie woodies. Going to miss that second dancer.

12. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    So after a false-start on Monday where the MD thread was up, but the day hadn't yet rolled, we get underway again this evening for some Amazon v. Woodrow action...

we trade some banter... and then I get a blitz! event. the tree then does his own blitz (avoiding him on the LOS) 3die -> :pow: -> smashed hand CAS -> Level! hurray!

I get a screen up, bring the dancer over and make the catch while trying to tie up his left wing. he dodges free, makes the pow down and recovers the ball, then fouls my dancer BH. good foul. He swings the other way, elf-balls it up to the midfield and he's out of reach. I threaten him enough with a knockdown and foul with players in position to blitz and he scores.

Then things get surreal. Kickoff is a bribe the ref... and at the end of the game he has 3 players.

[​IMG]

dead blodge lino on a no-assist foul was a slap, felt bad about that, but she was in my cage.
    3 levels and the catcher makes the final TD to get to 4/6 with two linos and the tree to roll for skill up.

60k winnings means I can get the best player on any team... *apothecary*. name even sounds scary... oooOOO! I gave myself the shivers there!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  13. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Match arrangement threads usually go up on the Sunday or Monday ahead of the match week to give time to arrange the matches if players need to play early in the week. Match weeks usually roll forward over night Tuesday night/Wednesday morning - typically 23.00 GMT on Tuesday night will be the end of the match week.

14. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Cheers GB. Wasn't aware of that.

we were both all ready and rearin' to go... and then, disappointment lol!

15. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    News Flash:

Solstice, Treeman of Witchcraft & Widdershins has just mixed up the holy grail of all brews, and rolls a 6+4 for his first skill up!!!!!

MA 3 BABY!

16. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    grats, nice start there :)

Though I swear, I see MA3 trees everywhere...

17. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Squall has that MA3/Block monster floating around... sheesh, love to duplicate that.

then get break tackle and crush cages beneath rooted feet. ;)

18. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Matchday 3 ends with a pretty one-sided affair. despite the scoreline I was able to put pressure on early with some CAS that went my way and key players out for my opponent meant a long road.

still, he got the score back in the first half where I should have covered a bit better, but was going for the ball and couldnt' get his ghoul down in the open. he 1die blitzed ->3+ dodged free for the score.

[​IMG]

three level ups coming. Catcher, Wardancer, and a 1-pass line elf got the mvp.

19. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    I only won 40k (rolled a 1 on the reroll of 2... ) so I'm not much better off in the money department.

20. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    bah, 3 normal rolls.

so the obvious, strip ball dancer, block catcher (runner), and dodge lino.

after some tense negotiations I've scheduled for Sunday GMT 2330 against a 11 man chaos side.
    No mino (yet), but he does have some bank so who knows if he'll add him for pitch removal. no MB, a smattering of block, and a dodge goat that I suspect will be the go-to ball carrier.

He's been able to pick up his 3rd reroll from the 4 war/2reroll start, while I haven't gotten enough yet for my second. that could play a big part in this game as I suspect that i'll have to be wary of too many dodges and not pass for SPP the way I normally would (EVERYTHING worked last game... which means 'better not try it' this game :p)

Anyway I've got 3 skilled linos, 3 blodgers, and my tree who has been solid except for rooting up on first turn in BOTH halves against the undead last week. currently leading in CAS/Killed(3 in 3 games... the crowd took my last kill away from me though)/passes/rushing and SPP generation. Lets hope I can keep it up!