1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wood Elf Witchcraft & Widdershins (OCC/SSC)

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Fallowheart, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Meantime im scheduled for sunday morning gmt 0500 for game 2.

I have 860k + 350 in loners vs 1330. So i can get a bribe or second apoth (or another loner).

2. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Would take the wizard and apo, or even wizard and two babes.

I don't foul much as wood elves, and fouling vs undead is not so great unless you can get ghoul.

If you take 2 apos, be ready to use at least one of them on a BH, to keep players on the field. If your first cas is BH for sure use it.

If you want to play bash elves, then dark elves are the one. Don't be afraid to hit though, just be selective about it. Elves are masters of being locally up on nubmers because of the agi 4 and speed.

3. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    I wont get more than 120k in inducements. If he drops a zombie ill get a babe and thats it.

860+350 is 1210 vs 1330 =120k

Cant change much other than droppimg a reroll which would be not good.
    So two babes seems likely.

4. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Yea i need to disengage more and be selective. Im bad at not getting players surrounded for a couple turns (marked out and not moving them away). I tend to look for the block back rather than the escape.

5. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I've kept AG 3 linos with 1SPP for the LOS. They use rerolls for blocking better than loners do, and they are just a single MVP away from wrestle (or dirty player more likely). Sure, worse dodging can come and bite you, but then so can blocks with a loner.

6. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Thats true. I just feel like any skill getting there would be better spent on a player i want to keep. And maybe i cant really be choosy right now..

Part of me wants to try and roster up to 13 with just linos and the tree until i can grab positionals and protect them. WE linos are so good its criminal anyway.

Matter of fact i kept a 3 agility dark elf lino. Not sure why i fired this one

7. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Game 2 and another disaster:

[​IMG]

I had lots of opportunities on his ball carrier... and nothing that would convert. again 2+ and 3+ bit me... including a 2 die block where I needed a push and got :skull: :bothdown:

he didn't really even protect his carrier, just marked me every turn in that 'I'm bash' sort of way. gave me a ton of blocks (Equal blocking again...)
    but he rolled 25 pow to my 7 on 82 vs 76 dice.... yeah... 25% dodge failure didn't help including needing a 2+ w/ reroll, 2+ w/ skill reroll to 2 die his carrier and failing the first one with everyone marked (Because they are always marked... every turn...)

edit:

oh yeah, 4+, 3+ pass on turn 3 by HIM successful no reroll with a 3+ greed dodge before it. I guess I'm not playing aggressive enough?

8. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    He was playing pretty silly. Sometimes that works. Only thing I don't understand is why you wanted that push in turn 8? I was expecting a 2+ loner dodge (yea, risky) to get an assist for the dancer on one of the ghouls, then a blitz to push that ghoul out of the way and run in the score. Instead I think you did some block on or near the LOS?

Then the pitch invasion and the second "first dodge fails" made sure he scored. Although your T16 block would have succeeded if you had cancelled the other zombie (on GFI:s) instead of trying to cancel the guard one.:eek:

9. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    congratulations fallow.

you are encouraging poor coaching, by using dice bad enough to allow it to work on you :p

i shake my head every time at those coaches that just mark up every turn and hope you fail your dodges or blocks. Even more irritating is that occasionally it works for them and your team gets hammered for a couple turns.

But its all better when you severely punish them for moving everyone into contact by getting like 7 2d takedowns and just dodging the other 2 or 3 players away, and out-CASing the bash team wile winning 5-1. Of course the opponent STILL doesn't grow a brain stem and thinks "well, you're just lucky!"

10. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    He had two players up on me and didn't want to make a dodge to blitz or try a leap since I burnt my last reroll... what I had was an opportunity to push my non-loner into the clear on two 2-die blocks (supposedly safer than a 1die right?), who could then mark the zombie out and I could stand up my prone guy on a blitz and push the wight off... came up skull/bothdown on the second block after the tree and turned me over. maybe too complicated and I should have just done the leap -> dodge.

11. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    or the dodge-> blitz.

part of it is that I don't trust anything right now, so I'm second guessing.

12. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Yea, everything can fail all the time. I was probably looking too much at the simplest (to me) solution, but I was fastforwarding as well..

13. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Finally won one... feel bad that it was at the expense of Everblue but he got some nice spp from this shootout. The loner armor held and I was able to capitalize on loose balls (that sounds horrible).

[​IMG]

I think I have 4 skill ups pending and enough to buy another wardancer.

14. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    So three skill ups, all normal... and all the lineman take dodge. Plus I welcome 'Cauldron' to the team as the new un-niggled Wardancer.

rejoice!

15. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Tonight's matchup is a dwarf coach (booo!) 12 players with his +agil runner MNG (good for me... pray for rain!)

so I took a lot of dodge last skill ups, but I've got a few players within striking distance of leveling again (3rd). priority will be getting my new dancer some spp and tying up chump dwarves with the tree while screening with loners.

kickoff is 11pm GMT -4. Go Craft!

16. dubbs

dubbs Member

Cyanide Username:
    dubbs
    Country Flag:
    Good luck!

17. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Another win for the woodies... but the costs keep piling up.

[​IMG]

his first block of the game is a 7spp dead dodge lino for me. I fail a 2+ dodge in the second half after overextending myself and getting blitz-stunned to the ground (because if you have the ball it's ALWAYS an armor break), and on the failed dodge my wrestle 13spp lino gets -STR apoth-> -STR. bag of d*cks.

So after clawing away a 1 die bothdown blitz on his unskilled runner and stealing a turn 6 TD where he can't score back, I flub my score attempt to seal the game by not drawing him in enough. I still win, holding him off because he's dwarves and dwarves are slow.

tally? 20spp and 180k TV worth of linos lost... gained 10spp back and have very little in the kitty for next weeks all-beast/mino chaos team that loves to foul and will get inducements because why the h*ll shouldn't I give up inducements with only 6 healthy players?

18. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    I think you should farm passes in the backfield more. At this level developing the team is more important than winning.

19. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    that's where I messed up my drive in the second... made two passes with my WD, one apiece, he started to commit to getting to them and I moved forward but couldn't quite escape enough.

I think I'm leading the division in passes/receptions already :p

20. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    So MD 5 is upon us and I am facing an all beastman squad. loves to foul, and has an extra arms/pass beast and an agility 4 beast that I'm sure will be an intended receiver.

More than likely i'll see bribes. I have 6 healthy players (on my roster of 6 players), and 110k in the bank. currently I'm 990 + 350 = 1340 vs his 1160. Babes and a bribe, or 20k and 2 bribes would be my guess. he likely won't go for the wizard, but you never know. He is rostering 13 beasts and has an unskilled claw already. i'll have to keep that claw away from my tree, but at least I'll win a :bothdown: as it stands.

the attrition has really hit me hard. I lost two lineman last game (dead & -STR/-STR) and would have been 8 leveled players... instead I'm 6 and facing bad odds.

Next couple matchups are:
    Mirror Match against Arwens Arrows Wood Elf team. They have taken some beatings as well but have a very very strong coach.

Lizardmen I know nothing about but the team has lost some games.

1490 Necro (this is going to be a bad one).

and finish the season against 1200 goblins with two level 4 trolls and 2 sneaky git/dirty player goblins, one of which is agility 4 (pro troll + agility goblin = TD).