1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wood Elf Witchcraft & Widdershins (OCC/SSC)

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Fallowheart, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    It will be bribes I think. Blackcat seems a nice guy but plays a really nasty game - he would far rather hurt you than win, and then brags about it on the forums.

Try to keep your team close to the tree, even if that means conceding a score.

2. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    I got that impression. I like him. :D

he'll have plenty of loners to knock around thankfully and I like to keep at least one around the tree for 3 die blocks.

I have enough for a catcher, do I buy now?

3. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    and we go for it tonight in about 20mins.

He has already stated his thirst for elven blood... but I think I'm going to tell him to go pick a switch off the Tree.

4. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Another win, another likely sacked wardancer... niggled dancer gets -MA from a smashed hip. She does have a skill up pending though, so if it's a double I may make her foul bait and take piling on and keep her for laughs.

[​IMG]

once again I failed every leap I did. Every - Single - One needed a reroll.

5. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Sometimes, I just hate this game.

Niggled -MA wardancer rolls? 4+4.

healthy normal wardancer rolls? 4+2.

seriously? couldn't get the Mighty Blow where I'd be able to keep it or anything...

6. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    My OFL woodies are yet to roll a single double.. :(

So you got one up on them at least :p

7. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    Give the normal one frenzy. It's about half as good as MB at depitching people (6% to 9% vs AV8 with block, whereas MB gets you to 12%), plus you get the option for surfing fools who stray too close to the sidelines.

8. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    two more losses in the last two games.
    a 2-0 to Arwens Arrows mirror match where two critical die rolls went against me and decided a very well played match.
    [​IMG]
    interestingly this match shows me at -14 on d6, and my opponent had 25% better block success on the exact same number of blocks... but 2 rolls decided the whole thing (leap strip failed on turn 8 for his drive and 3+ handoff on my own - pouring rain)

this next one was just a comedy. lizards with two +agility skinks.
    very sunny and despite numerous strips and knockdowns of his BC I was never able to get my hands on the ball for longer than a single moment but held him off the endzone. 7 KO's in the first half so I had 3 players on turn 8 (some CAS too I think).
    second half he overcommits and instead of an easy blitz and run to relative safety far from his players, I fail the GFI w/ reroll for the hand off to a caged wardancer (see very sunny above), ball scatters, he picks up in TZs and scores early. he overcommits again, and I fail a leap to free myself with reroll... (I'm seeing a pattern here. oh, 3+? yeah forget it.) he picks up in TZs again, and despite yet another strip I skull out on a push out of bounds chain attempt and lose 2-0.

[​IMG]

another negative d6 and low block success game.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  9. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Been a rough season Fallow. My OFL elves have been a bit like that but they're starting to turn things around. Just got to be patient. Still never succeeded with a leap blitz on a BC.

10. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    that seems to be my main sticking point. Strip ball WD is great... but can't ever employ it with 5 loners and inability to get any chance but a 1 die that I burn my reroll on the leap (and fail outright).

I think I've made mostly smart choices but sometimes I get to anxious and think 'this is my one shot', which hasn't gone the way I plan. I have some cash, but I'm not sure this team will continue. again it's a combination of playing lots of elves and getting kicked around a lot making me reconsider. I do have a MB/Tackle WD now... albeit Niggled and -MA :rolleyes:

you have a blog for those elves TS?

11. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    No no time unfortunately, barely keeping up with the Pie-Rats and other BC duties. Yesterday everything changes as I managed to leap in and knock over skink BCs about 4 times in the game even though my d6 were no that hot -2 or something, I'm sure things will turn around for you too.

12. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    yeah that takes quite some effort.

I've got another match on Thurs evening against a tough looking Necro squad... MA9 wolf is the highlight, but at least no tackle.
    he has quite a few blodgers so my MB/Tackle dancer will have to try to avoid getting knocked down where her niggle will matter.

13. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Decision time is upon me as my first OCC season comes to a crashing halt. Feel like I've been raked over the coals a bit as I went from full squad to 6 players with one -ma/niggled and ready for the glue factory.

Bright spots are my blodging core and some bank 200ish... Not a ton of cash but some. I haven't been able to muster a win in some time though as the loners just can't stay on the field.

Might be time to consider the orcs I've been thinking of.

14. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Dropped another game against an experienced necro team. bribe did nothing, MB/Tackler was 2 of 9 for block success and despite getting the ball on the pitch numerous times I couldn't it clear and just took repeated slow damage. 3-0-5 on the season with 5 loners still.
    saved my other WD from -Armor to MNG w/ the apoth and got a cas. the bright spots.

15. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Picked up two new catchers and a thrower with the proceeds.

lets hope they make a difference, and having two loners instead of 5 should help the game regardless.

16. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    So the season ends on a high note, 3-1 win over goblins. some tough dice for my opponent, but big swings as well. double pow a couple times on key players made me bite my nails, and he stole a TD w/ a loner on a nice TTM blitz on my BC. I wasn't able to knock him down after he caught the scatter.

good news: thrower gets 2spp, both new catchers level (including an MVP) and I got 50k gold.

bad news: -MA/Niggled WD picks up ANOTHER -MA. I didn't pull the trigger on the apoth because it was very early but no other injuries amazingly. At this point I have no cash to replace, so she'll hang around eating up TV until I can.

17. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Just sack her and run with a loner lino until you can afford to buy a replacement. At least you lower your tv instead of hanging on to a niggled ma 6 wardancer, which is basically a sack of bloat that lasts on the pitch for 2 or 3 turns...

18. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I agree on WD being probably sackworthy - but she'll be MNG one game, then playing maybe one game before being replaced anyway. So depending upon amount of tackle in that game she plays I suppose. Can be good to have someone pulling hits, and she's no more feeble in taking hits than a goblin is.

19. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    lol

blodge/mb/tackle/leap goblin... puts things I perspective :p

20. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    With +1 ST at that. Too bad she's not stunty for reals - that works nicely with AG 4. :D