1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Human Wurthugel Wardens (retired)

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Ilgoth, Feb 27, 2017.

1. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    It was a brutal game man, for you at least! ;) And you did well to make a game of it.

I have lost 3 lvl 5 players from this team over the seasons and they all hurt, but at least Benjen is still around to play, although just be more careful with him in the future :rolleyes:

I look forward to the sauna! :cool:

Ilgoth likes this.
  2. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for playing, our first encounter was a real challenge!

In all honesty I have been taking risks with my humans for long time. The fact that during recent 16 games; I've had 2 dead linemen, 2 MNG linemen and 1 MNG blitzer + Benjen Niggle. I've been blessed, and I have built a bench I'm starting to be rather proud of, so some time ago figured I can and need to take risks in order be able to win more and get up to tier 2. The lack of bigger injuries has been the debt I keep joking about. :rolleyes::p

I rolled 1 on the treasury, will think about my next move with the roster. Fact is I like number 14, facing @Martin ScoresEasy next week with just 11 pieces is not my chicken dinner.

3. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Rosters for MD3, seems I will be given 340K in inducements.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    They have a goblin and a troll, you stand no chance.

5. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    I've met 4 trolls on the pitch during last three weeks, and removed all of them. I'm the troll slayer, through the power of sauna steam I blow them to bits.

6. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Ah, but there was a reason I said that they have a goblin before saying about the troll! How will you deal with the best race?

7. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    I most likely am forced to push it towards the troll, and trust the troll eats it before I deal with the troll itself.

8. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Sounds like a wise plan, best of luck in your match vs the gobbo and troll and other less useful players.

Ilgoth likes this.
  9. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

Watch the match here

@Martin ScoresEasy 's take on the match:
    It Nuln @Ilgoth Wurthugel Wardens 0 - 2 my Boring Ol' Orcs.
    A bloody and weird match sees me take my first victory of the season. Ilgoth induced a wizard, extra Apo, and a lineman so that he'd have a bench (after suffering many injuries the match before). I chose to defend, and without a Kicker managed to kick the ball into Ilgoth's back corner, while simultaneously getting a Perfect Defense to make things hard for Ilgoth. That pretty much set the tone of the game for Ilgoth's luck... at some point Ilgoth killed my blitzer Mundane Maurice (guard, tackle), which was Apo'd into another death, but I returned the favour by killing one of the human guard Blitzers, which the Wandering Apo also offered to kill. I forget what order everything happened from there, but I managed to intercept a pass leaving one of Ilgoth's throwers to be surfed/me to score on my defensive drive, killed the recruited lineman, killed a level 4 thrower, and got hit by a wizard only to see the ball scatter into a nearby orc's hands and for me to be relatively safe.
    Skill certainly wasn't the decider in this game... sorry you came out on the wrong end, Ilgoth. Thanks for the game, and good luck for the rest of the season!

I started in offense, and was unable to score. It was mainly due to the start of the half, kick went to bottom right corner and opponent's Perfect Defense event tied up my guys real bad. For the first 4 turns I actually struggled to get out of the corner, although it was due to my own mistakes and allowed 2D sack early on... Not much to say. Got the ball moving towards his end, but mid-field got caught again. Decided to go for potato pass, hoping the ball would end up somewhere close to the catcher where I would continue the fight - except that pass was intercept by the Orc marking the thrower who then got surfed. Orcs ran the ball to TD.

My OTTD effort failed, mainly due another perfect kick that landed bottom left corner of my end. Tried long pass which failed, actually scattered into black orc's hands.

Then became the blood-ridden half. Orcs killed my loner lineman on T9. I tried to pressure the ball carrier who was alone deep in his end. Then T12 Orcs killed my blitzer, and apo failed. I used the wizard, ball scattered for orcs. 1D blitzed with my thrower, success and he also picked up the ball. Then he was killed... From there it was Orcs having fun, I didnt do much afterwards. Would have tried OTTD on last turn, but Orcs getting blitz hurt my chances.

Gonna get real interesting. Will Wardens survive the whole season?

Rikhard Owlhill (lvl2 blitzer) killed.
    Jeor Stagnoire (lvl4 thrower) killed.
    I bought new blitzer, he goes by name Zoltan of Reprisal.

10. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Ouch Ilgoth that hurts. Rookie thrower is not too bad though more chances for that agi 4.

Ilgoth likes this.
  11. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Brothers Jon and Jeor have both expired, and now it is up to the teenager of Stagnoire family to take the lead.

12. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Team's hall of fame has received new entry.

Fun fact: Jeor's first injury was his death.
    [​IMG]
    Jeor Stagnoire was a thriving force behind the Wardens success. Sadly in his 39th game he was killed by a black orc after heroicly going for the ball.

Borke, Sataric, sbr32 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Game day for Wardens! I will get 230k in inducements, and teams are pretty equal regarding bench and skills. Will see if I am able to turn my rough season start into a better mid-season?

Game starts 2100UTC+0, will be streaming it. https://www.twitch.tv/ilgoth

14. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Been slacking with the blog, time to change that and give you double report!

[​IMG]

Watch the full game here

Not the greatest of game for me. I didn't manage to do much, to my luck @GobbieMarauder went with a fast TD that gave me a chance at trying to get it even before half-time. Sadly that didn't succeed and my thrower got KOd too and I went on without him for my offensive drive. Which wasn't too eventful, I used Benjen as ball retriever who failed 2/3 times on 2+ pick-up. The drive couldn't get out of my own end properly and eventually I lost the ball, lizzies scored. Skinks were about to make their 3rd touchdown later on but their hand-off on t16 failed.

Awful coaching from me + bad luck with the dice. Rolled 1s on AG rolls, and had three double skulls. During 16 turns, only one of my blitzes resulted in a pow. All in all I am happy the team continued without any perm damages and everyone on duty for MD5.

[​IMG]

Watch the full game here

Wardens against false-humans. First time me and @Rocketdeath met on the pitch, as last season in Nuln I was awarded admin win against him.

I won the coin toss and started in offense. In a very usual style for me, I get the ball up and try to zig-zag it up the field. Brets managed to KO my ogre on their first turn, which made my playing bit more troublesome. I kept dodging out more than usual, and this day it was worth as I didn't suffer a turnover because of it. I believe I rolled 16 dodge rolls, and only one was skill RR'd. My offense seemed to succeed due to the fact that Brets were really aggressive on marking receivers I sent behind them (dodgy lino and catcher). More brets further back meant less up front, and getting past them was easier. For my T5 I formed lousy cage around catcher w/ the ball and here Brets had solid sacking chance. Thankfully a GFI took their RR, and blitz result was two pushes. On my next turn, I sent my receiving catcher to TD zone and then ran the ball with one GFI to hand it over. 1-0

Ogre remains on the ground, coach hears the pleas of the home crowd.
    "Fire him!" they yell, as bretonnians ring their dinner bell. (sorry)

Here brets had three turns to get even prior to the half-time. Kick was good, went to far right corner and lonely bretonnian blitzer went to get it. Other brets remained lined up at LOS, hitting as much as they can. I responded, trying to form a basic defensive line. Also made a gap from which my catcher ran at the ball with 3 GFIs. Mainly to screen and making his ball carrier use his MA for nothing. Then I was blessed, and bretonnian blitzer snaked his GFI blitz and early turnover. Moved few of my pieces in my own end, and went for 2-red-dice blitz on the ball carrier. Double pows. Picked up the ball with RR and ran for 2nd touchdown. 2-0, Brets tried to make removals for their T8.

For their drive my Ogre got up, and he was ready to play the game. Brets had a decent start on their drive, went to my right side and it seemed the ball was out of my reach. I noticed here that I was the true one-trick pony; without Benjen I would have never given out 2D blocks as Brets also out-guarded me. Especially after they almost killed Detlaff Moatback (lvl3 blitzer, Guard/Tackle), but this time teams new apotechary did his job. Didn't kill him, just for some reason smashed his knee (-MA).

Brets made their move to my other flank which was the right way as it was weak. Sadly they miscounted spaces, and on my next turn Benjen would dodge once and with a GFI blitz down the carrier. Ball free on the ground, and this time even Gregor the Rough was close enough to come and mark it. Brets got the ball back up and ran, getting close to TD zone and with a GFI it would be TD. Except the tripwire I had planted worked to perfection and he went down, throw-in threw the ball amidst the previous mayhem. Here I got the ball, and gave it to Benjen who then was protected by others and for last moment he made the game 3-0.

Season continues on the road for three weeks now.
    MD6: beaten Undead
    MD7: disgusting Chorfs
    MD8: naked Woodies

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    doohickey and TravelScrabble like this.
  15. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Wardens play tomorrow 1300GMT, I decided to write pre-match stuff now as after tonight's christmas party the coach needs all the time tomorrow morning for himself.

Black Dynamite!, divisions only Undead group, took a serious beating in their match 5 and lost key players to Nuffle. One developed Wight died, and on top of that two great Ghouls are missing out on this one (no need for me to suffer the hate of ST4 Ghoul). He bought new Wight, and his bench is still wide. Just now lacking skills for this one. Look below.

[​IMG]

My roster:
    [​IMG]

Some pointers for the match:

- Bench for Undead is 12, humans 11.
    - Undead receives 220K in inducements, unless I do something.
    - both got 1 guard piece
    - both got 3 MB's

I could buy 5th lineman again, or go for 3rd catcher. My worry for this match up isn't TV difference but my lack of bench. It hasn't been this low since Season 7.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  16. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    @Ilgoth He has 3 Mighty Blow as well, you are forgetting the mummies.

17. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    This error never happened. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Besides what you doing here?! You gave me a niggle and eternal grudge, still lurking for more?!

18. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    You definitely need a bench I would even get 2 to give him 300 inducements (assuming normal skill). He could get nek or wizard bribe babe or something but 300 is not much better than 250.

19. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

Watch the whole game here

Tough match but humans managed to pull off a win here.

I won the toss and went offense first. It alright, first move was double skulls. :rolleyes: For undead first blitz was a dead human blitzer, who was saved by Apo. (phew) Whole offense was about changing direction with the ball every turn, trying to stretch up defensive line and play the human speed. Worked out, Mummies were left behind and tied up by linemen. I scored on my T7. After that, blitz event allowed me to try a 2nd touchdown by getting to the ball. Sadly Benjen tripwired and it didn't workout.

Defensive half was pretty normal, I was two guys down but within few moments I managed to even the number. I got nice amount of pressure on the ball, and @JaspersaurusRex used his wizard to lightning bolt Benjen. Ball was free to run, and a turn later Undead managed to get numbers even. I got three turns to make a touchdown, and I managed to do it, although it wasn't that easy.

One lineman MNG, and thrower leveled up. Nothing else to say. Except my season was 0-0-4 two weeks ago, now it's 2-0-4. :) Wardens coming back up?!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    Regor likes this.
  20. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Gotta say, this looked like a very dead Bret team!

JaspersaurusRex likes this.