1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Human Wurthugel Wardens (retired)

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Ilgoth, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Why I keep fussing these races... Brets are Undead, Undead are Brets... Oh wait, Brets arent real humans. GOT YA LEZZ GOOOOOOOO

[​IMG]

2. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

Not much to say with the match, it was rather one-sided. Woodies won the toss and wanted to defend first. Whole first half was about knocking elves down and their armor breaking. Swuul did manage to sack the ball carrier once, and strip ball another time, but I was able to deliver the ball to the end zone on my turn 8. At one point my Ogre carried the ball, but he rolled 1 on Dodge so BT wasnt useful. :/

Second half Woodies tried 2-turner which almost succeeded. Sadly his thrower snake eyed on last GFI, breaking his armor at the same time. From there it was me taking my time with running, and even optimizing SPP gain and scored with the blitzer who leveled up.

Detlaff Moatback: gained normal skill, took Stand Firm
    Tor Sheepleton: could have picked +MA/AV but took Fend

Current roster:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  3. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Tonight my Wardens will face @Jeliel 's Chaos Dwarves... Been fearing this match a bit, unsure how I turn this into a win. My roster can be seen above, here's the other.

[​IMG]

Gonna be interesting. He has one more Guard piece than I do, but then I have one more Mighty Blow. Don't know if it matters much against this particular race. Bull Centaur's are bit disgusting with their Block / BT builds.

# TV -difference is 320k at the moment.
    # My record against Chaos Dwarves is pretty much like 10% - 30% - 60% (W-D-L)
    # Jeliel's season is 5-1-1, mine is 3-0-4
    # Their TD+ is 11, TD- 3 (8+). For me it's 9 and 9 (0+).
    # Benjen Wolfhide is not in his best form due to extra load from All-Stars. :rolleyes:

Match will be streamed on my Twitch. Starts 2000GMT+0.

martybhoy and Regor like this.
  4. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Try to kill his hobs first then can gang up on the AV 9 boys.

If bull or killer chorf goes down foul it.

5. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

Watch it here

Defended first half, which was alright. Chorfs managed to get 4 stuns and 1 KO during first two turns, made positioning bit harder. My Ogre blitzed lvl3 blocker into -AG, apo offered -MA as another option for @Jeliel . Nothing special, didnt have chance at sacking and Chorfs scored on their T8. My OTTD effort was going nicely until my thrower failed the pick-up.

Second half was awful for me, I was 10-11 in numbers and within few turns that was 7-10. I went pretty potato because of the pressure, and with wizard's fireball and bull blitzing, sack happened and ball was out of my reach. Tried my best recovering, but my fate was sealed and Chorfs scored on their T15. Didn't have proper numbers to properly try OTTD, so game result was 2-0 loss.

Jeliel played well, don't have clear reason why I lost. Bad offensive and being down in numbers too early. Now I need a win in Game 9, or otherwise I can say bye bye promotion. :(

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    Jeliel likes this.
  6. Jeliel

Jeliel Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Jeliel
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the game! As for you query since when I've been around... that would be table top edition 1 :D

Ilgoth likes this.
  7. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Ofcourse. :D I started digital blood bowl in 2014, and have just occasional experience from tabletop.

8. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Ofcourse. :D I started digital blood bowl in 2014, and have just occasional experience from tabletop.

Thanks for the game, good luck with your last match! Most likely we won't meet next season either.

9. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    One match until this season has been wrapped up, and standings are looking grim.

[​IMG]

Top 4 is out of my reach, and reaching #5 is bit of a stretch. In order for it to happen...
    # @Kubusta has to lose against @stephB
    - in case of a draw, Kubusta will win me unless I manage to take a win with 2 touchdown differential.
    # @GobbieMarauder is not allowed to win against @Swuul
    # @JaspersaurusRex should not win either against @Jeliel , and if he does - I need to win with similiar touchdown differential and most likely touchdowns made will give me the edge.

And with all that, I would be #5 and then some presidential abuse promotes me to tier 2.

Swuul and Regor like this.
  10. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    Well I lost to Kubusta :(

11. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    YOU WHAT!?!? TIS MADNESS!

First you foul and destroy a career of my star, fade the clouds from the skies - take my M16 during unknown battles:powdodge::powdodge: *horrendous, high pitched cri* AND NOW DIS!?! :confused::mad::eek::(:(:confused::mad::mad::bothdown::oops:

12. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Actually, tis okay you ork.:rolleyes::D *re-drawing tables*

@Rocketdeath I need you to win Kubusta this week. I wont take no for answer, just get it done.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Rocketdeath likes this.
  13. Kubusta

Kubusta Member

Steam Username:
    steamcommunity.com/id/kubusta
    Cyanide Username:
    Kubusta
    Country Flag:
    I AM NOT GOING TO LOSE AGAINST HIM YOU SNEAKY HUMAN @Ilgoth ! :mad::D

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  14. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Kubusta I need you to lose your match so I can be placed 5th. How copy?

15. Rocketdeath

Rocketdeath Active Member

Steam Username:
    Rocketdeath
    Cyanide Username:
    Rocketdeath
    Country Flag:
    yea no problem, my Bretonnians have certainly faced some adversity but things are lookin up : )

16. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

Watch the madness here

I talked shit, and got Dacia'd. @Smeik did not come to play, he was dead serious and regardless of promotion secured he did not tune down his song. My gameplan was to simply force him roll dice as much as possible, while hopefully getting good removals myself. Did not work out, rats didnt fail too many rolls and proceeded to take risks as their confidence bloated. At the same time, my guys were being soft and getting armor breaks on all fronts.

Gotta say though; this game was something special. Lot of moments that really make a blood bowl game. First kick-off event was pitch invasion, me suffering bit more stuns. Then that insane Claw/MB stormvermin bringing one per turn removal rate... After rats made fast score, and it was my time to go offensive on my T4 - 2+ hand-off to Benjen failed. Smeik sent rat ogre to contest the ball on the ground, which was bit problematic. Next turn with Benjen hitting RO down and DP lineman fouling the beast into BH, problem was solved and I was ready to proceed. Sadly my positioning wasn't great, sack happened and ball taken. Thanks Nuffle, Benjen managed to blitz the running gutter rat and blitz him down. I had three turns to run through whole field, and failed around LoS after 2D blitz with RR caused me a turnover.

Half-time, my offensive again. Throw a rock happened, took down a linerat who died. :rolleyes: Offense didn't work out too well, my ball protection was far from good against skaven and sack took place. Jumping between me retrieving the ball, Smeik sacking the carrier - in few turns skavens stole it for their 2nd touchdown. Game 0-2 and I had five turns. I decided to try OTTD right there and to my surprise, IT SUCCEEDED. My first OTTD in BC2, ever. Always have failed before at some stage but finally managed to do it.

Time to play ball, I kick the ball deep and start hoping for the best. Rats too good, with their speed and my inadept screening, they scored again to make the final score 1-3 on T14. I had three turns to make one more TD, but another Pitch Invasion! Took down five out of 8 players on the pitch, rats lost none. :D Couldn't help but laugh, managed to get the ball and run it forward to form miserable scoring threat. Smeik denied it and from there, it was merely about both of us farming last SPP.

Fun game, sadly I was unable to really challenge the win, felt like I was on the one struggling throughout. Gotta review the game during off-season, lot of mistakes on my part.

My Thrower leveled up! Now he is Accurate / Nerves of Steel.

This makes my season 3-0-6 which is the worst season in team's history. Granted the division was also the hardest they've been in. Now I have the decision to make, do I still keep going forward with the team or do I finally succumb and accept I am stuck with them? Season 8 they were in great shape, and I was unable to promote myself - same here and the guys who will join me from Indus will not be any easier. Most likely quite the opposite. Do I reform the team, kick pieces here and there to really go into building more and stop giving inducements?

In the end, I wouldn't even know which race I would re-roll to. And these guys have flavour. May not be promoting through the league, yet, but they have oddball stats favouring them. Last 7 big guys met, 4 of them have been injured by these guys. Or my legendary lineman, Tor Sheepleton, been there since start. Taken part in 33 games out of 36, injuries suffered 27. No permanent injuries, BHs and MNGs. I guess he is doing exact thing what human lineman should be doing. With Block and recent add Fend, he he started to shine even more. :p

Season memories...
    # Week 1, dwarves hit humans on the ground left and right. I suffer a close loss after being bit too greedy with Benjen Wolfhide.
    # Week 2, the game of salt. My good thrower dies after heroic ball recovery. Benjen being fouled into Niggle, with no reason. Fricking Orks.
    # Week 3, more Orks. I manage to snake a lightning bolt! Loss streak keeps going.
    # Week 4, the moment where I thought season would turn around. Nope, horrible coaching from me.
    # Week 5 - YES, NO LOSS! Yippeeeee
    # Week 6, "we can do dis, more WINS"
    # Week 7, Wood Elves.... but we won!
    # Week 8, ugh chorfs beat me to the dirt.
    # Week 9, need to win, need to win, need to win... FRACK:mad:

Decided to check overall stats of my team in Nuln. No wonder I struggled this season, the amount of casualties suffered is ridicilous compared to previous seasons.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Regor likes this.
  17. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Gratz on the 1TTD!

Ilgoth likes this.
  18. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    @Ilgoth the mainly question is "have you had fun playing this human team?"

We have a lot to learn, and u did played against great players that have been in Altdwarf like Jeliel, Smeik, StephB! If u like your humans, i dont see any reason to re-build what already have good stability. Humans aren't a tier 1 team, and u can see that Humans at altdwarf normaly have a bad time :p

Either way, i think the main purpose is learning how to master this game, and mitigate Nuffle presence. I was watching your game yesterday, and i saw some moments that u could play first the safest moves (sure both of u guys rolled a lot of 1's), and this is all about BB.

Anyway i want to congrat u, by what u are achievment in terms of BB know how! Keep the good work!

P.s. i guess streaming and playing at same time aint that easy, so dont forget that now u are punt more efforts to streaming the games

19. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Jimmy Fantastic always says this and he is not bad at BB!

20. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Yeah I do enjoy them @Regor - this season felt bit more lackluster but other seasons been real fun. I like the team but real question is can I make this team into a winning group.

It's true humans aren't at the top tier, but versatile race is what I enjoy the most. At the moment I am liking Norse more, but already playing them in CCL and Clan League so they are a no go for BC2. Honestly? I don't think I have a race I would re-roll to.

Gonna do some serious thinking once I see my next division. Might go for drastic rebuilding mode.

Streaming does make things bit more difficult, sometimes I completely forget to check the chat and suddenly see wall of messages and I got no idea what you guys are talking about. :rolleyes: