1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wood Elf Wussies in Training - Learning to Elf

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by sbr32, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Thrower v not thrower is a real old chestnut. It's no different with other teams (delf runner etc).

So long as we all agree that the orc thrower is the true hero of BB it's all good ;)

sbr32 likes this.
  2. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    The pro-thrower side never learns :D:D:D

3. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    The no thrower argument is basically to play more tactically and roll less dice. So I am not 100% sure you can be a fully paid up member! :p

4. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    I tactically roll more dices! Btw, my risk stats are not so skewed (for an elf)!

Orielensis likes this.
  5. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Wussies in Training 1 :: NecroMunch 1
    Another mess of a game I was able to luck into a draw. Elves had 2 Loners; Necro pitched in 10k of their own money to buy a Babe.

NecroMunch elected to kick off and as usual my offensive drive was a disaster. Dancer could only push a LoS Zombie on a Blitz, then the other Dancer rolled a 1 on the pick up. It was deep enough that I might not have needed to use a RR but I did anyway. With no RR and only unskilled Elves left in contact I didn't want to throw any blocks; instead of dodging Elves away I just ended my turn. Oops.

After the Necro committed hard to my right I got sloppy trying for a big play flipping to the left side and failed a 3+ Dodge into a Blitz before I secured the the ball carrier's position. That led to a sack and a Werewolf grabbing the ball, but he was knocked down by a War Dancer and the AG5 Elf was able to pull some shenanigans by grabbing the ball and tossing it to another Line Elf who ran away. The AG5 Elf did have to use a RR though, which meant I was afraid of any GFIs with the receiver who was not quite out of range. A Zombie GFI followed by a 2 GFI Werewolf Blitz knocked the ball out and created a pile up on the Necro side of the field.

After some punching of Elves the Necro were able to clear the ball to a Werewolf who ran away to the goal line with little chance of any Elves catching up to him so teh 6 Elves left on the field conceded the T8 score.

3/4 KOs woke up leaving both Loners out of the game and the Elves down 9-11 and on defense to start the second half.

By T10 three more Elves were removed and it was back to 6 on 11 with the ball in a solid formation at midfield.

My first Leap-Blitz resulted in Skull-RR-SKull, but the next turn I was able to get the Guard Catcher into the mix and got a Pow on the Ghoul knocking the ball free, but into a whole mess of Necro players. In the break of the game for the Elves the Ghoul failed the pick up (with a RR) and the Elf Catcher made a 6+ catch of the bouncing ball.

One Blitz and a few Dodges later and the ball and a couple of friendly Elves were off to the races. The ball was never seriously threatened but the Necro failed a few attempts (1 GFI, 1 4+ Dodge) to mark the ball carrier and after a hand off to a 5SPP War Dancer the Elves scored on T15.

The Necro got all of the pushes they needed to get a Werewolf in range for the 1TTD but the Ghoul couldn't pick up the ball after a very deep kick.

MS6 MD4 results.png MC6 MD4 stats.png `

crimsonsun likes this.
  6. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I definitely made some big mistakes early on in this one. First not dodging LoS Elves away after I decided I wasn't going to make block with them, and then getting too greedy switching sides. Those cost me players and eventually the ball and a defensive score.

That was only mitigated by just a couple of die rolls for each team (failed 89% pick up for Necro and 6+ Catch for Elves), but it gave me an opening and I was able to take advantage and get a draw out of it.

I had one 0SPP Line Elf take a -AV, he has already been fired, and a 1SPP Line Elf who got -AV changed to -MA by the Apo on T16. My 5 most important players are still in good shape though.

For the good news: 60k in winnings, the Catcher got MVP and both War Dancers got to Level 2. Mylm'win rolled a normal for Strip Ball and Utae'und got Mighty Blow on a 2+2!

MC6 MD4 Roster.png

4 Loners for my next match but that is against some High Elves who have yet to play this MD.

How do BB2 Elf players deal with the Bank rules? Do I wait until I have over 200k in gold, and give up a bunch of free TV, before I buy my next new positional, whether a Tree or a Catcher?

7. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    For me, the bank rules don't really play into it. You're balancing two things. One is you want additional permanent players sooner rather than later, so they can start earning SPP and leveling up. The other is it's nice to have cash on hand to buy new War Dancers if they die. I usually like to save up to around 150-170K before buying new players, so I'm reasonably likely to be able to buy another Dancer in a match or two if I lose one.

sbr32 likes this.
  8. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Same @sbr32

I'll replace positionals immediately but if I'm short of linos I'll play with loners until I have cash to buy 2.

And I would have to think about emptying the bank to go up to 12.

sbr32 likes this.
  9. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    With a new team I would have started buying the positionals as soon as I had the cash.
    I wouldn't keep enough to replace a dancer until I had all the positionals I want.

sbr32 likes this.
  10. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    Was a good game though one I feel I threw away needlessly, as you said I over committed in the first half and got lucky to steal the ball, second half I left myself open and while you were lucky with the catch I should have removed the catcher from the equation before hand I had a lot more I could have done but was thinking ahead of myself and of making good the touch down and not of the consequences of failing that pick up. In truth I was really over confident as my dice were on fire for most of that game, it really felt like I could fail at very little and as such I was playing rather recklessly for no reason.

Hubris was punished as the Elves did what Elves do, though the result was fair. That's the second time this cup I've got the pushes for the 1tturner to steal the win but once more my ball handling left much to be desired and the touch down was but a distant dream. I wouldn't worry about holding funds get the players you need in the team and then worry about anything left over afterwards its not worth thinking about what may be while you squad is still understrength.

sbr32 likes this.