Wyrmwood?

What team should Werebat coach next season?

• Wyrmwood! How could you even consider ditching them?

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Nurgle! Bring on the slow-but-less-squishy ClawPOMB!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Orcs! You write well, but your game could use some work!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lizardmen! The Land Before Halftime must be played!

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Something Else!

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Werebat

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Werebat
Country Flag
Well, I'm at a crossroads.

I'd previously stated that "barring some serious Nuffling", I'd probably be playing Wyrmwood in the BC until we switch over to BB2.

That Nuffling happened early this season when both of my blitzers were killed (technically, the Apoc could have brought Reeka back with a smashed collar bone, but I chose to just let him die -- right before my OTHER blitzer died! In retrospect, I might have kept him on the team for a bit even with the -1 STR as he had Horns, and might have given me a fighting chance while another blitzer developed. There's a lesson there somewhere).

I like Wyrmwood. I like their history and other fluff. And Underworld is a lot of fun (just not so much of the "I win a lot" variety). I like their actual and conceptual color scheme (black and green are my favorite colors).

But my second choice was Nurgle. I sometimes wonder what sort of team I'd be playing now if I'd gone with Nurgle from the start.

I also wonder if I might need to learn more of the basics of Blood Bowl, as both Underworld and Nurgle are more advanced teams and I never really played with a more basic team that might have taught me better strategy.

And I wonder how many seasons the BC has left in Chaos Edition, and how that might impact my choice. Starting Nurgle now makes little sense if we only have a couple seasons before we all change teams.

So I'm asking the folks of the BC what they think. I won't necessarily adhere to what's voted on, but I'll certainly consider it. I'm not really sure what I'll decide.

Last edited:

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Tough one, I'm tempted to say none of the above or maybe stick with Wyrmwood. You've done pretty well by them but at this point there's not much of a team left. I think you could drop down to tier 3 and rebuild but why not just take a new team then. I'd say there's at least 3 BC seasons left maybe more so long enough to get a team developed a bit but not Nurgle or lizards as they take ages to get going. Orcs are, a bit dull really but maybe you don't think so. Ultimately I'd let my choice be guided by fluff. Do you feel like starting a new story do you have a theme in mind, in that case let that make your decision for you..if not stick with the green.

Keraunograf

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Keraunograf
Cyanide Username
Manticoran
Country Flag
I know I'm at least not willing to switch to BB2 until we get a reasonable parity in options, since it is still basically the same game. Especially if they implement aging or forced retirement of players.

As for the teams... Well, damn, both of the big UWD teams got pretty messed up pretty bad in the last couple days. So that makes me scared for the future of UWD in general. That said, I think Valk is keeping his team for next season, so we'll still have at least 1 UWD team if you switch(This is important to me, and is basically the reason I'm playing Vampires(Besides the fact they're AWESOME)). That said... I really like Nurgle, but they seem like they need like 2-3 seasons to even get moving really. We probably have that long, but gah.

I'd also rather see you play an AGI team personally, I much prefer the matchup of Vamps versus agility teams! :) But I also really wanted to vote for the Land Before Halftime because OH MY GOD THAT PUN...

So basically I'm super conflicted and love the idea of you doing something else if that's what you think will be the most fun for you, because no one should ever do something they think will be less fun.... So really, do what you want because Werebot is free, you are a Werebot?

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
I don't normally vote in these as it is all about how the coach feels. If you have had enough of Wyrmwood stop. If you are still enjoying them carry on.

After that choose a team you fancy. However I would say Orcs are more useful for learning how to play the game as a beginner not for teaching experienced coaches positioning and the like. For that something like Khemri is better.

Werebat

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Werebat
Country Flag
Tough one, I'm tempted to say none of the above or maybe stick with Wyrmwood. You've done pretty well by them but at this point there's not much of a team left. I think you could drop down to tier 3 and rebuild but why not just take a new team then. I'd say there's at least 3 BC seasons left maybe more so long enough to get a team developed a bit but not Nurgle or lizards as they take ages to get going. Orcs are, a bit dull really but maybe you don't think so. Ultimately I'd let my choice be guided by fluff. Do you feel like starting a new story do you have a theme in mind, in that case let that make your decision for you..if not stick with the green.

Some great things to think about here, TS. I think that no matter how broken a team is, it's almost always better to continue with that team that start anew with the same race -- and Wyrmwood is no exception here. Really, all we've lost is our two blitzers. It's just that UWD *really* needs some way to put the hurt on the opposition if it wants to have a hope of winning. I think my experience with the Orciad illustrates some of the wisdom of having one of the UWD throwers develop into a "back up blitzer", especially if a double is rolled early on for MB.

I agree, three seasons would be enough to maybe get a Nurgle team developed but not enough to enjoy them afterwards.

I'm leaning towards keeping WW. Is there are way to know whether the team has been relegated or not before making a decision? My guess is no, but...

Edit: Regarding fluff, I have a plan for how this season ends that could work as an end to the team, but wasn't intended to be initially. That's one of the reasons I've even been considering a switch.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Whilst there are no guarantees I could give you an idea around the end of the season but we will need a decision not long after the end of the season.