1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orc Xenological Study #42 (OCC)

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by hungrygnome, Dec 1, 2013.

1. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:

Bloodbowl Research Institute of Interspecies Relations

Today we have come upon an indigenous species previously mentioned, but never before studied in depth. We have requested, and been granted, leave to acquire specimens for observation and training.

So far we have observed 4 distinct sub-species of the race of beings known as Waaagh, as we have designated them. The designation stems from the most commonly heard phrase in which they utter in mass, which we assume is the name of their tribe or culture. The Waaagh are a highly aggressive and territorial species. They adhere to a tribal structure, consisting of various sub-species occupying distinct roles rarely infringed upon by another. They are green in coloration, and vary in size from extremely large to quite small. Strangely, we have yet to identify any juveniles of the species. The females of the species do not vary significantly in appearance from the males, though they do take a much more subservient and support role within the society.

The first, and largest, observed of the species we have dubbed the "Protectors". The are large, imposing, well armored, and strong; yet also very ponderous. We have assigned them the designations Titan, Colossus, Behemoth, and Leviathan. 4 specimens have been acquired.

Next comes the much faster and aggressive "Warriors". While as well armored as "Protectors", they are not as strong, yet are considerably faster and more nimble. They have a higher tendency to attack and knock others over in what we assume is a form of dominance. Marcus, Attila, Ajax, and Hannibal are the names assigned to the "Warriors". 4 Specimens have been acquired.

Next comes the nominal "Directors". While they dont seem to hold to alpha male pattern, these two seem to be the most protected and are integral to the collection and distribution of the packs food sources, along with being central to tactical formations. Governor and Senator are the designations. 2 specimens have been acquired.

Lastly are the enigma creatures known as "Skulks". The exact function of these creatures has yet to be determined, as they do not adhere to any one particular behavior pattern, unless you consider the tendency of them to be attacked by others to make them a sort of living aggression management for the tribe. Small of stature and fragile, yet exceptionally nimble. They are always underfoot, and have a habit of stealing, likely a behavioral survival trait adapted from scavenging. Little Hades is the one specimens designation, as it can be annoying as hell, as the saying goes. 1 Specimen acquired.

We shall continue to examine, document, and train the Waaagh;and look forward to submitting our collected information.

2. Doomy

Doomy Member

Country Flag:
    I hope they fare better than your earlier study into reanimated corpses and actually play a match. ;)

3. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    Forgot about that tourny completely with all the crap falling around my ears in real life. This will be my main OCC team replacing my lizards.

4. Doomy

Doomy Member

Country Flag:
    And I wish them well, much as I loathe orcs for being generally unresponsive to gangfouls. ;)

5. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    I play so many AGI and Hybrid teams, it was time to try a classic Bash team for once.

6. Doomy

Doomy Member

Country Flag:
    Orcs were my first OCC team. Results were... poor.

Of course, that was 2009 and I had no idea how to play the game. OCC Admins have never been selected based on their coaching ability. ;)

7. FattyTuna

FattyTuna New Member

Country Flag:
    While I don't generally approve of orcs, I'd like to see more of the xenological study.

8. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Great start Hungry, good luck with these guys!

9. Kaz

Kaz Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kazman29
    Country Flag:
    Nice... this is funny! It's got to be if you're playing orcs ;)

10. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Looks like a good start. Plenty of Greek names there. ;)

11. Landwaker

Landwaker Member

Country Flag:
    The more the better!;)

12. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    As my Lizards have finally broken their "Nuffle is Raping my Dice" streak, with average dice I pull off a difficult draw on MD 8, and a 3-0 win in a Lizard mirror match.. all with d6 of +2 or less. SO this team will now be shoved into CTA.

13. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    So, if these will never enter SSC/OCC, do you want a thread title change?

14. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    That works for me.. I will keep up with the blog hopefully, and maybe they can be next seasons CTALE/CC team