1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet Another OCC Team Blog

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Hoverdog, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    Topic for the mighty Bad, Bad and Bad, a Dark Elf team. Theme: cRPG villains.

I went with pretty standard 3 blitz+1 witch roster.

Sheltem Blitzer + Guard
    Werdna Blitzer
    Dark Savant Blitzer + Dodge
    Xenofex Blitzer

Jon Irenicus Lineelf
    Sarevok Lineelf +Kick
    King of Shadows Lineelf +Dodge
    The Transcendent One Lineelf
    Dagoth Ur Lineelf
    Kerghan Lineelf
    ah yes Reapers Lineelf

Melissan Witch Elf DEAD :skull:

Tier 7B:

• [​IMG] Slyspy - Magnificent Mythos - HighElf - GMT
    • [​IMG] Desalbert - Tyrants of the Turf - Norse - GMT-5
    • [​IMG] Lord Vindicator - Da Executioners - Orc - GMT
    • [​IMG] Juriel - Wights Gone Wild - Undead - GMT+2
    • [​IMG] Wishazu - Lords of Winter - Norse - GMT
    • [​IMG] Sandman - Da Krazy Krew - Goblin - GMT
    • [​IMG] Alouatta - FAST BUNNY UTD - Elf - GMT+1
    • [​IMG] Bone Smasher - Chaos Helix - Chaos - GMT
    • [​IMG] Wraithlord - The Rebirth - WoodElf - GMT
    • [​IMG] Hoverdog - Bad, Bad, and Bad - DarkElf - GMT+2

A fun, all-around division with lots of elves, two norse teams and even goblins. No dwarves thankfully :skull:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  2. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I see you are in the same division as Slypsy. It will be interesting to compare how the 2 of you progress during the season.

Watch out for Juriel. He's a good player and Undead are a solid team. Just be sure to stick it to him about his crap team name. I told him he should have a team name with the word "boner" in it, but he wouldn't listen. :p

Good luck. :)

3. Cianybeasty

Cianybeasty Member

Country Flag:
    Interesting division. Pray to get Chaos earlier rather than later, and watch out for Goblins, Narly gave me the run round with his :)

4. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    You could do with chaos early and goblins late. Tackle will be worth its weight in gold. I would still advise buying dodge before block but thats my preference.

Best of luck.

5. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    The first match, against Slyspy, ended.

I won the toss and decided to kick. Slyspy played a bit unelfy, creating a standard cage. About turn 5, I managed to break the cage and down the carrier. However, I made a stupid mistake of pushing another :pow:-ed elf into the loose ball, thus making it bounce in the wrong direction (I could have picked it up already if I hadn't done it!). A bit more fighting ensued, finally I picked up the ball and then Nuffle decided to fuck me up #1 - :bothdown::skull: with no rerolls on a block freeing my ball-blitzer up. Of course he was promptly downed. Fortunately Slyspy couldn't score and my last chance of scoring this half was denied with a failed GFI (it wasn't really probable, however, as I'd have to make a long pass and two more gfis).
    0-0 at half-time. I was up by two players (a ko'ed thrower and lineman BH by a witch).
    I receive, blitz with a witch, who stuns a blitzer on the left. Slyspy puts most of his team on that side then, so I get my cage to the other. My witch gets :pow: and then fouled with two assists - DEATH:( . And she had 2SPP already! Damn it. But that was just a beginning of my thorough nuffling. I move my carrier close to the TD line, and have to gfi with a cage-lineelf (which in retrospect was a mistake, but the cage would be in contact with the enemy if I were to move it one field closer). Of course it's a 1 rerolled to 1. Slyspy blitzes the ballcarrier, takes the ball, passes to a blitzer who escapes to the left, marks my nearby players. I manage to get a blitzer relatively free, so I blitz with him. Nuffling #3 :skull: rerolled to :skull:. Slyspy scores on turn 13.
    I receive (again). I am able to push the cage so it sits in his half. Slyspy marks the cage corners, but his blitz only gave a :pushback::pushback:. I then manage to break some of the markers and get a sideline cage. Strangely Slyspy decides to leave it alone, so I score on turn 16.
    Final result: 1-1

I though I'd win comfortably after first half. However, a sad turn of events decided all I can get is a draw and a dead witch as a bonus:mad:

Thanks for the game Slyspy!

6. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Unlucky, unfortunately losing elves is part of blood bowl. This is the first season in a while Ive not lost a player on MD1. I'd take a tie against an elf side though.

Any skills?

7. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    nope, the dead witch got 2 spp from cas, as did one blitzer. another blitzer scored, and mvp went to a lineman.
    and now I can buy an apo, a bit too late :skull:

8. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Remeber that you only borrow witches, but they are great fun when you have them:pow:

9. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Unlucky with the dead witch, hoverdog. Hopefully, losing her won't set You back a lot in future games. How does Your treasury look now? When will You be able to hire a replacement?

10. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    This is the main reason why I prefer the 4 blitzers, 1 runner, 2 RR starting build! It's very risky getting a witch before you have an Apothecary!

11. Slyspy

Slyspy Member

Country Flag:
    It is a strange experience playing against a new Delf team with an equally new Helf team. Both sides had hardly any skills (especially once my thrower was off) while most of the players are pretty much the same. A score draw was probably inevitable unless someone got totally Nuffled.

Fouling the Witch out was a highpoint, but I know how painful it is to lose an Elven positional in the first few games. I was simply eager to even up the numbers a bit and she had the lowest AV on the pitch. Besides I'll happily foul a Witch if given a chance.

Hoverdog put up a sterling defence which caused my attack to end four or five squares short in the first half. Then he overcommited on his drive meaning that I was able to score on the counter attack.

I didn't have enough players standing within reach to make serious trouble for the attack which scored the his equaliser. I figured the risk to my players (through the sheer number of dice rolls needed) to be greater than the chances of me actually stopping the last turn TD. Perhaps not the right attitude, but I was happy to take the draw.

12. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    I watched the replay and you definatly lose it on the failed gfi in the first half. I think it was unecessary since keeping your ball carrier a couple squares back wouldn't have changed much and would have avoided any gfi.

About the witch, Im really sorry for you. Im protecting mine paranoically to avoid that to happen. You sure got unlucky but she was also quite exposed when she died. Anyways, dark elf is a solid team, you should do fine without her even if it sets you back a bit.

Best of luck for next games!

13. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    Played the second match, against Juriel, probably the best player in my group.
    I was pretty tired after several days of short sleep and drinking and a long trip back home, so my play was a bit spotty. However, thanks to the almighty Nuffle, I manage to prevent Juriel from scoring in the first half, when he was receiving. I could even try to score on T8, but forgot to move a deep-standing lineman (I would still have to roll nicely). Second half was much worse for me, I lost the ball quickly and desperately fought to get it back, and with a little help from mr. N., I achieved it. 0-0, two BH ghouls, no injuries on my side and a leveled-up lineman (he'll get kick if I won't roll a double).

14. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Nice result. Juriel is a decent player, although i'm not sure how he is with Undead?

Good luck with the rest of the season.

15. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Good result, considering the circumstances. ;)
    Can You update us on Your group's standings? How does the situation look point-wise?

16. Batou667

Batou667 Member

Country Flag:
    I've played a few games as Dark Elves and have a bit of a soft spot for the pointy-eared spikey gits. A bit surprising that you went for an almost bashy build for your team - in my (limited) experience it's the Witch Elves and even moreso those brilliant b*stards the Runners who score all the points. Having players with Dump Off as standard lets you do some really devious tag-team moves. Also, my cack-handed Skaven would literally kill for AG4 across the board - failing a complete disaster (either tactically or dice-wise) it means you should be able to pick your fights with insulting ease.

My condolences on losing your Witch Elf, those silly bints have a penchant for getting themselves in trouble but it's still heartbreaking when any player dies. What are your plans for developing the rest of the team from now on?

17. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    current rankings:

[​IMG]

I'm playing pro elves next. they already have a blodge catcher, which means I have no way of preventing them from scoring. i think i'll go for a 2-1 grind if it's possible.
    also, I currently have the least experienced team in the group.

18. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    There sure is some room for improvement, but at least You're undefeated as of yet. ;)

19. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    The match between Bad, Bad and Bad and Alouatta's Fast Bunny UTD (pro elves) finished a couple of minutes ago. It was a really tight affair.
    BBaB still didn't recover from the tragic loss of their witch Melissan (she was killed by other damned Bhaalspawn fighting for the throne of Bhaal) and were the least experienced team in the group with only one level - a kick lineman. Their opponents also had one leveled player - but a star - blodging catcher. Alouatta's won the toss and elected to kick. The first half was a pretty standard affair of 8-turn grind. I fortunately didn't make any silly mistakes, while the other coach quickly left a gap in his defence, which I promptly used. Nothing much to say really - he tried to bust the cage with SS blitzers, I tried to kick them out and move it closer to the endzone. I prevailed, and did three koes and also three injuries (one apoth'ed), while only suffering from one KO. Kick-off roll in turn 8 - a blitz of course :mad: .

Second half, all KOed were good to go. Kicked short. Alouatta's failed his pick-up with a reroll. I blitzed the unfortunate elf and placed three of my own near the ball. A blitz meant the ball was now marked by only one of my elves, but he can't pick it up. I push the blodger onto the ball, which bounces into the hands of his blitzer. I blitz him of course, another bounce and my blitzing assist get the ball this time (alas, he moved already). A really big mess emerges, with most of the players in it. My ballcarrier is sacked, Alouatta's loner is now carrying it. He can't move this turn though, but my opponent manages to cover him up pretty well. I make a serious mistake here, forgetting about sidestep and this way blocking my way to the carrier. Then my loner gets :skull::bothdown: and I'm pretty much fucked.:D
    Ball is given to the superstar blodger, he runs down the field on the sideline. Most of my players are too far, and a blitzer than is in range (2 gfis) needs 3+2+ dodge. I chainpush him so only a 2+ is needed, but, d'uh!, now he can't surf him (I should have risked it). Of course I can't sack him - :pushback::bothdown: or something. But then he makes a big mistake! Dodges with the catcher, but doesn't make any gfis (that would make him safe) and still hugs the sideline! This time I succesfully crowdpush him. The ball is thrown very near, but exactly in a place I can't secure. Alouatta picks it with a blitzer and moves next to the TD line (with gfis of course). I can 2D block him, but without rerolls, and a :pushback: means he scores. :bothdown::pushback: , a successful dodge and 1:1.
    I have two turns to score. Perfect defence :mad: . Still I can move three players into the backfield. Alouatta manages to dodge a blitzer into my cage, but then a three-dice block downs him. After freeing up one blitzer, a 2+ 2+ pass and one gfi and I'm good.
    Pass is accurate, catch perfect. And the gfi...

the gfi....

the gfi...

the gfi is good too :D Final result 2-1 for the BAD, BAD AND BAD.

20. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Congratulations! It always is tricky to prevent pro elves from scoring!